• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Robber's exploration in the towns of Herocraft

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]NAGORI[/size]

I accepted to come cause the mayor insisted, cause i don't want to rob our kingdom... I was probably better to not come...

Access:
They knew i was going to come soon, so i was prepared to see all gates and doors closed, but when i used the herogate, i found an open gate, nothing stopped me, quite a shame.

Maybe someone forgot the gate when he left by the herogate, i ended in a bad timing for them, it happen, so i looked around the town, and i was wrong: not even ONE gate was closed: everything open, from all side, even from the ocean, and they got big ass gates there, hard to forgot.

Well, really easy to enter if all gates are open, they got beautiful city walls, impossible to jump, except from one tree, so, even if the gates were closed, i still could enter the town, but it's easy to fix: closed the freaking gates and cut this tree to make the entrance totally impossible:

Look:
Like Kumo and Rens, Nagori have hopefully this beauty and Japanese style that make those three towns in my favorites town on herocraft, Nagori have even more: SNOW! well, not on all the town, and the limit snow/rain is kinda funny somewhere but it still add something.

Only bad things i could say about the look: there are less plant decoration than Rens, the roof aren't all enough lighted, making monster spawn in the town, and one of the house is totally lava-griefed, you need to fix that, it's ugly as hell.

The three next picture are for some things better, like the chest-storage near herogate, all empty, and, i guess, only used for decoration, it's where the merchant from the sea empty their boats or something like that, really nice idea:

Another thing about the sea, at the harbor, or UNDER the harbor, the bottom of the sea is ligthed by glowstones, making it really nice to swim under the houses near the sea, just don't forget to breath while looking at the underwater life:

The land around the town could use some trees, it's a little empty in some areas, but it's the only of the three town to have a harbor and this emptiness give a nice view to the great temple out of the town, dunno if it's linked to Nagori (probably, cause it have the same japanese looking than everything else) but it's a good view to see:

Except all that, they got a little bank, a little farm with a secure area for pine trees and maybe birch (cause i didn't succeed to access the pine area) but the chests insides aren't locked neither, and it's quite tiny for the need of a town, but if you don't have big needs, i guess it's fine.

Security:
I'm a little sad to say that, but: creepy security, the first door after the herogate, the very first door was open, and behind, an unlocked chest with half a stack of LAPIS! Lapis is expensive, don't let it unprotected so near the herogate, it's like: hey! welcome to nagori, take this valuable, we don't care about! And almost all the doors were open, i didn't have to try a lot to enter the houses, half the chests weren't protected, it's not serious, i got one full diamond armor and the diamond sword coming with it

I'm making only one pict for all the security part cause this post have a 10picts limitation and i already used 9, so... just some advice:

Using a gate as door is a good idea, except if you place the gate sign OUTSIDE, don't let some open windows if we can jump to them from the city wall, the trick "i'll hide my chests and my basement behind a wall picture" is well know now, or at least, close the doors behind them!

Note: [size=large]13/20:[/size] I really hoped to give more points to Nagori, but it could be all fixed in about one day, i believe in you guys!

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
carmeops said:
Sorry Smash, sometime i come at a good time for the town, sometime at a very bad time, and since i don't rob everytown everyday i will probably not correcting towns review for long...

as exemple: i compare Alleria to Zion in my review of Alleria: but after my review, i heard Zion wasn't a town anymore, but i'll keep that this way

people can read my thread to help them choosing a town, but it's still their own judgment who is the best for that, no threads in this forum can tell you what exactly is ingame: go see for yourself ;)

I understand that, and I do enjoy this thread. However online you tell people to visit this thread to help choose a town, and the fact that you're rating towns when they have only but a couple buildings up due to how new they are (we were roughly a week old?) doesn't really seem legit. I understand that your arrival to a town should be a surprise and come at any time, but you should really consider putting a time limit from town creation before you "evaluate" a town. Seeing the 11/20 really turns people off and you're hurting new towns by telling people to use this thread as a tool when these ratings are based on.. what exactly? Security is one thing I can understand, however your rating is not based on security alone. Since you've been here we've developed many more structures, even a minecart track under the town ring. And by no means are we even within sight of the half way mark for our town. No town is going to be perfect, they will all have projects going on. But to "audit" a town within a week of it's creation.. really? lol.

Again, if you're going to publicly advertise this thread on the server as a tool for newcomers, then please re-evaluate your conditions on rating a town.

Thanks =)

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
smash26t said:
carmeops said:
Sorry Smash, sometime i come at a good time for the town, sometime at a very bad time, and since i don't rob everytown everyday i will probably not correcting towns review for long...

as exemple: i compare Alleria to Zion in my review of Alleria: but after my review, i heard Zion wasn't a town anymore, but i'll keep that this way

people can read my thread to help them choosing a town, but it's still their own judgment who is the best for that, no threads in this forum can tell you what exactly is ingame: go see for yourself ;)

I understand that, and I do enjoy this thread. However online you tell people to visit this thread to help choose a town, and the fact that you're rating towns when they have only but a couple buildings up due to how new they are (we were roughly a week old?) doesn't really seem legit. I understand that your arrival to a town should be a surprise and come at any time, but you should really consider putting a time limit from town creation before you "evaluate" a town. Seeing the 11/20 really turns people off and you're hurting new towns by telling people to use this thread as a tool when these ratings are based on.. what exactly? Security is one thing I can understand, however your rating is not based on security alone. Since you've been here we've developed many more structures, even a minecart track under the town ring. And by no means are we even within sight of the half way mark for our town. No town is going to be perfect, they will all have projects going on. But to "audit" a town within a week of it's creation.. really? lol.

Again, if you're going to publicly advertise this thread on the server as a tool for newcomers, then please re-evaluate your conditions on rating a town.

Thanks =)

The conditions for rating the town are based on a random number system on WHAT HE FEELS LIKE GIVING, not what you feel like you should have. You not being ready for him really isn't his problem...

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
Figgis said:
The conditions for rating the town are based on a random number system on WHAT HE FEELS LIKE GIVING, not what you feel like you should have. You not being ready for him really isn't his problem...

That's great Figgs, ty for clarifying a question that no one asked. =) My post was about rating towns too early into their development (by too early I mean just became an official town ;) ). I had SUGGESTED (<-- key word) That he either

1.) Wait after a certain amount of elapsed time before an audit or..
2.) Not publicly advertise this thread as a town ranking system.

I mean your silly post aside Figgs, can you honestly tell me that it's fair to audit already long established towns and compare them to a brand new (less then a week old) who don't even have their walls up or structures built? C'monnn guy. =P

Again, I LOVE this thread, I am not bashing at all. It just kind of struck me the wrong way when I was talking to someone about coming to visit, and then carm says in /ch o that town so-and-so has the highest rating, go check them out. All because our town was rated low due to several reasons, all of which are because we literally just became official and just started construction. :)

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
This thread is about him stealing, not sure why you care about his actual town rating. It isn't his problem that you weren't ready. He stole what he wanted, got away with it.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
smash26t said:
Figgis said:

That's great Figgs, ty for clarifying a question that no one asked. =) My post was about rating towns too early into their development (by too early I mean just became an official town ;) ). I had SUGGESTED (<-- key word) That he either

1.) Wait after a certain amount of elapsed time before an audit or..
2.) Not publicly advertise this thread as a town ranking system.

I mean your silly post aside Figgs, can you honestly tell me that it's fair to audit already long established towns and compare them to a brand new (less then a week old) who don't even have their walls up or structures built? C'monnn guy. =P

Again, I LOVE this thread, I am not bashing at all. It just kind of struck me the wrong way when I was talking to someone about coming to visit, and then carm says in /ch o that town so-and-so has the highest rating, go check them out. All because our town was rated low due to several reasons, all of which are because we literally just became official and just started construction. :)

If you feel wronged in this way, maybe townships should be built up before becoming official and ready to be scrutinized, I mean some towns wait for a while to become official and others go the day they have the money along with the citizens. To be honest, you could always ask carmeops to come back later when you are well established.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
it's fun to see all those people arguing :) you can all say what you want, at final, i'll do as i want and not anything else ;)

just one hint: for now, i only robbed town who asked me to come, or someone else asked me to go there, or someone from the town was too cocky about protection ect... they are plenty of town i didn't visited, cause they didn't made me want to visit them.

so, if you want me to wait before robbing your town: don't taunt me :p

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah I def am not arguing, fig is the only one who feels the need to do that, haha :D he doesn't seem like a very happy person :(

And thank you Gab, that is a great idea.

In the mean time Carm, try not to tell new comers to refer to your thread for "rankings of towns"

Keep up the good work! :)

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]CHRITON[/size]

I don't remember who or when, but I'm almost sure someone asked me to try Chriton, it's a fun name, so i tried it:

Access:
First thing you see when you approach Chriton, Big Ass Walls All Around, the idea of finding a way to jump the walls didn't even came into my mind, and the town is a little far, but take the road, cause the herogate is closed in a regioned house outside the town, no hope from there, but you can shorter your travel by coming from another town herogate near Chriton.

But fear not my friend, this external feeling of security is totally for the show, cause those walls don't protect the town AT ALL! Let's list some really easy entrance to the town:
1-the [gate] signs, in EACH SIDES of almost all gates, the region protection don't protect the signs guy, it's like no gate at all.
2-the sea side, with the Big Ass Wall hovering and NOT touching the sea, just dive and swim, you are inside.
3-the wall isn't regioned on a big part of it, it's useless, just dig under or INSIDE the wall, and you get in (just refill the hole after, ok?).

Look:
If you like to live in a jail, welcome! flatgrass areas, with Big Ass Walls EVERYWHERE! Even inside the town, dividing it in little areas each separated by gates, some area with lots of houses, some others totally empty, this town, if we can call that a town, is freaking, and filled with monsters at night.

Well, they still got something pretty amazing i need to tell, a Big Ass Floating Island (not really floating, a block still touch the ground) and the base of it is pretty well made, i like this island look, but the inside and the upper part seem to be still under construction, even that, still unfinished, it's huge and pretty, i approve!

Except that, they got decent town facilities, farm, bank, shops, mine, and a strange monster bashing facility, not sure it's really legal (they got a sign saying to not camp the entrance, but still) with tons of monsters in a small area, and the wheat farm right next to it: it's clearly to boost the xp for heroes/loot the monsters.

The strange thing with this facility is that the monsters pass trough a little drowning, and a big fall so it seem (to my eyes, i'm not an admin, i don't judge, and if it's legal, it's pretty smart) that this machine hurt the monsters enough to make them easy to kill:

Little mention to the "docking area" where you go with your boat and park it in a personal dock underground: wtf? it didn't even get a way to go outside without the boat, so what's the purpose of this? Let's hope it's under construction, but still: storing boats???

Another little mention to the outside of the town: Big Ass Castles, floating islands, the outside view is very nice, too bad you can't see anything from inside the town: big walls all around hiding the outside.

Security:
The houses are almost all regioned, except some with open doors, or with gate door openable from outside, i entered less than half the houses. And, WARNING: be very careful here when you enter someone house: one in particular isn't hard to access, but is FULL of traps, i got burned, crushed, almost die and cannot exit the house at all, even the chests were closed, so i just suicided myself to escape.

Second time i came, i was too cocky and didn't even looked at people names, so i got busted almost the second i entered and was chased in the town by guards (and by the fist arena champion who just wanted to give me a friendly hug Oo) and finally get killed by the guard (i got a new bounty on my head, thanks)

The chests in the town are almost all closed, lwc or hidden in the town storage with every single door lwc, almost didn't stoled anything from citizen, but all public chests in farm/storage/mine were unprotected, thanks for the obsidian, the gunpowder and everything guys!

Note: [size=large]11/20:[/size] definitively not a great town, they have lot to do in term of protection and look, but i must admit the houses are almost well protected and the personal storage seem secure.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
thanks sir :)

but i thinks i will probably put an end to this thread when Heroes/Blink spell will come out :(

with all those teleportations and ultra high jump, a "powerless" robber guide is useless

cause most of the towns will be easy to enter with high jump (except some towns like vault101 or underdeep)
and lots of houses will be easy to enter if a 1x1 windows is open or if the doors are only half closed by dirt

so this thread, who is already a lot outdated will be totally inaccurate...

I'll continue this thread until then, but the day heroes/blink will be available, I'll close this thread and stop making reviews.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
wanted to make Moria review today, the only thing i got so far: a screenshot of the gate entrance ^^ probably impossible to enter the town unless someone forgot to close it

carmeops said:
[size=x-large]CHRITON[/size]
Well, they still got something pretty amazing i need to tell, a Big Ass Floating Island (not really floating, a block still touch the ground) and the base of it is pretty well made, i like this island look, but the inside and the upper part seem to be still under construction, even that, still unfinished, it's huge and pretty, i approve!

Yeah, that is definitely still in development :D (The picture explains why we always ask for dirt in chat)

carmeops said:
Security:
The houses are almost all regioned, except some with open doors, or with gate door openable from outside, i entered less than half the houses. And, WARNING: be very careful here when you enter someone house: one in particular isn't hard to access, but is FULL of traps, i got burned, crushed, almost die and cannot exit the house at all, even the chests were closed, so i just suicided myself to escape.

Looks like you found my house mate ;)

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
carmeops said:
wanted to make Moria review today, the only thing i got so far: a screenshot of the gate entrance ^^ probably impossible to enter the town unless someone forgot to close it

Hint Hint ;)

Someone in Moria be a gentleman and open the gate for the old man..

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]Artemis[/size]

Can't help it, i came there two days ago for giving some free stuff to a newcomer and it was so easy to enter, i needed to rob it: Done!

Access:
No need for screenshots on this part, they don't even try to keep thief outside, no walls, no gates, nothing, you come, the way you want, and you are in!

Look:
It's basically a flatland town, nothing really amazing to this, except it's a huge flatland town, maybe even the biggest of this kind, tons of houses, but it seem they destroyed a whole part of the town for a future purpose, as thief, it's not an empty space: all the basements of all the houses are still under the one block layer, just remove one block and go explore it!

The houses part of the town is kinda boring, perpendiculars roads with totally random houses, no fun, and with all those monsters everywhere, it's dangerous at night! It's even worst underground, it look like citizen can make their own mines under the town, there is tunnels, caves, mineshaft everywhere, under other people houses, going outside the town, don't matter, a guy even try to make taxes on the utilization of his mine, but anyone can dig anywhere! don't dream, you'll never got any taxes!

For me, the best part of the town is the harbor, many many boats, maybe a little too similar, but still nice looking, some funny stuff inside them too, like the ship where the captain seem to store his bones in .. furnaces?? And the Pirates ship too, i hope i will not be hunted by the pirates for emptying their chests. Speaking of chest, please, a boat full of chest, like, 50 unprotected empty chest isn't fun at all! I opened them all! and found nothing! Bad!

Not really much to see, except the farm maybe, where is it? No clues can help you, no signs, kinda hard to figure that a tiny ladder after an open air stairs lead you to it. Don't go down there without weapon! there are monsters uptown and downtown as well! But if you survive, i must admit, it's a pretty huge farm, if you can work with a tool in one hand, and a sword in the other to kill monsters, it's a dream farm!

Security:
First of all, i need to congratz Artemis: really, it's a new, i never saw that before: i got GOLD in the BANK! Very secure, congratulation! The half the houses with open door, almost no region and all the public chest unprotected, good job! Even when a door is closed, sometime i can just jump in a bed by a windows!

Speaking of public chests if you search a little, you can find some chests area, like ruins from a old time, like in this picture, one or two stack of dirt/gravel/cobble in each chest, no matter what say the signs, look like abandoned vaults, and, so much signs, almost more signs than stacks of mats, wtf? can't you use them to actually mark the towns areas? Like the farm, could be a nice idea to show it with a sign.

Crappy protection all over the town, like, those two houses with lwc door and regioned, but since the town itself isn't regioned, you can simply make a dirt pillar on the road to access any roof and enter by any balcony or any roof entrance.
People so enjoy the life in Artemis: they leave insult sign on the roof so the neighbor can read it when he take a little sunlight on his house.

Some others houses are well closed, i didn't access all the houses, but still, some idea of protection are crap: this house, no doors, how to enter? Well, just swim in the water around the house and end in the basement, i mean, it's supposed to keep us outside? And if a mob fell in water, he will directly end in the basement! Totally unsafe house.

And the best at the end, in the destroyed part of the town, one of the old plot have a lift to the basement, last part undestroyed of the house, with tons of lwc chest, BUT 3 unprotected! They probably forgot those three, one gave me tons of signs (again??), another gave me some coal, and the last one... I made a screenshot of the chest, cause it was so beautiful:

A FULL DOUBLE CHEST of dyes, flowers, and colored wools! JACKPOT! This and the Bank Gold made my day, taking time to rob Artemis: totally worth it!

Note: [size=large]8/20:[/size] Huge town, nice harbor, but crappy looking, crappy protection, crappy monsters all over it, and not even a try to keep thieves outside: no, i don't want to live here.

deadandown

Legacy Supporter 3
carmeops said:
[size=x-large]NAGORI[/size]

I accepted to come cause the mayor insisted, cause i don't want to rob our kingdom... I was probably better to not come...

Access:
They knew i was going to come soon, so i was prepared to see all gates and doors closed, but when i used the herogate, i found an open gate, nothing stopped me, quite a shame.

Maybe someone forgot the gate when he left by the herogate, i ended in a bad timing for them, it happen, so i looked around the town, and i was wrong: not even ONE gate was closed: everything open, from all side, even from the ocean, and they got big ass gates there, hard to forgot.

Well, really easy to enter if all gates are open, they got beautiful city walls, impossible to jump, except from one tree, so, even if the gates were closed, i still could enter the town, but it's easy to fix: closed the freaking gates and cut this tree to make the entrance totally impossible:

Look:
Like Kumo and Rens, Nagori have hopefully this beauty and Japanese style that make those three towns in my favorites town on herocraft, Nagori have even more: SNOW! well, not on all the town, and the limit snow/rain is kinda funny somewhere but it still add something.

Only bad things i could say about the look: there are less plant decoration than Rens, the roof aren't all enough lighted, making monster spawn in the town, and one of the house is totally lava-griefed, you need to fix that, it's ugly as hell.

The three next picture are for some things better, like the chest-storage near herogate, all empty, and, i guess, only used for decoration, it's where the merchant from the sea empty their boats or something like that, really nice idea:

Another thing about the sea, at the harbor, or UNDER the harbor, the bottom of the sea is ligthed by glowstones, making it really nice to swim under the houses near the sea, just don't forget to breath while looking at the underwater life:

The land around the town could use some trees, it's a little empty in some areas, but it's the only of the three town to have a harbor and this emptiness give a nice view to the great temple out of the town, dunno if it's linked to Nagori (probably, cause it have the same japanese looking than everything else) but it's a good view to see:

Except all that, they got a little bank, a little farm with a secure area for pine trees and maybe birch (cause i didn't succeed to access the pine area) but the chests insides aren't locked neither, and it's quite tiny for the need of a town, but if you don't have big needs, i guess it's fine.

Security:
I'm a little sad to say that, but: creepy security, the first door after the herogate, the very first door was open, and behind, an unlocked chest with half a stack of LAPIS! Lapis is expensive, don't let it unprotected so near the herogate, it's like: hey! welcome to nagori, take this valuable, we don't care about! And almost all the doors were open, i didn't have to try a lot to enter the houses, half the chests weren't protected, it's not serious, i got one full diamond armor and the diamond sword coming with it

I'm making only one pict for all the security part cause this post have a 10picts limitation and i already used 9, so... just some advice:

Using a gate as door is a good idea, except if you place the gate sign OUTSIDE, don't let some open windows if we can jump to them from the city wall, the trick "i'll hide my chests and my basement behind a wall picture" is well know now, or at least, close the doors behind them!

Note: [size=large]13/20:[/size] I really hoped to give more points to Nagori, but it could be all fixed in about one day, i believe in you guys!

im the new nagori mayor you should try it now!

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
no need to quote the whole nagori review to ask :)

but i'm sorry, as said, i will not remake my old reviews and i'll probably close this thread at the end of this month

and, it was already awkward for me to rob one town from my kingdom, i don't want to redo it :(