• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Robber's exploration in the towns of Herocraft

Adam

Air
[size=large]LION'S BAY[/size]
I was informed of the "lost gold" from furnace, I had been aware of the unlocked furnaces and knew only the far left one to be locked and had previously sold all my gold Jittlelames and was in my house during the time the gold had been smelting. The gold still being there was there surely due to a dupe/rollback.
Since money database is separate, no loss from this Lion's Bay Member =D

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
Adam said:
[size=large]LION'S BAY[/size]
I was informed of the "lost gold" from furnace, I had been aware of the unlocked furnaces and knew only the far left one to be locked and had previously sold all my gold Jittlelames and was in my house during the time the gold had been smelting. The gold still being there was there surely due to a dupe/rollback.
Since money database is separate, no loss from this Lion's Bay Member =D

Wait, aren't dupes due to roll backs/downtime supposed to be destroyed in fire. What does that mean for Carmeops haul? *GASP*

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

probably nothing though. >.>

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]ALLERIA[/size]

Wait, didn't i already came here? All is so familiar, so, unoriginally common to my memory.

Access:
Since the herogate is locked in a little room with for all decoration some signs and a closed iron door, let's try by roads! Wait, no roads? well, let's try by walking far in the wild! When you finally see the town at horizon, you can't not know the name of the city: it's writed in big Red LETTERS: ALLERIA! [size=x-small](the voice in your head now shout the word Alleria, admit it)[/size]

Big walls, big closed gate, the little house near it (with the command for the gate probably) is closed by iron door, only thing to do: searching a sneak entrance! If you aren't afraid of some falling damage, you can jump on a tree near the walls, then jump on the walls, it's the only way since all the area is regioned:

Look:
When i looked inside this town, i was almost sure to already know it, i even checked this thread to see if i didn't make a mistake. But no, this town look exactly like Zion, but it's not Zion, it's Alleria, just a big wall, some boring roads inside and some stone buildings with no decoration and plenty empty space:

The most funny thing in this town is: the mine entrance, with a gate, only usable from outside, usually people want to close their mine for stopping the unwanted entrances, but no, they want to keep what is inside, inside. Maybe they dug too deep and too greedily and now they are afraid of a Balrog that can reach the outside?

I don't fear any Balrog, so i entered the mine, long ladder to the center of the earth, and by the glass around the ladder, i can see a big empty area, and some tree, but no access to there from the mine, how can i go near the trees? In fact, i discovered a Lift outside, i need to read more : "to the tree farm", then, let's go to the tree farm!

The whole area looked like still on construction, they dig a LOT of empty space, they probably have lots of idea for this zone, but for now, it look pretty ugly:

Except the two tower that are less bad than the rest of the houses, the only special looking build is a redstone circuit, linked to nothing, with a pressing button code, but even with the code (readable on a sign) i wasn't able to make it doing anything, still work on progress probably:

Security:
Let's give this town one good point, they aren't a lot of thing, but the chests are almost well protected, half the house are impossible to enter, and one of the towers only let you enter half the way to the top. BUT, if you swim in the waterfall and stay close to the walls, you can open some unprotected chests from the outside, cause the 1x1 windows up there don't have glass to stop your arm.

For the town security itself, i saw only one... Pokemon trainer, who chased me, like, 30 sec, before giving up, while i was heading to the front gate. Unlikely, the gate switch isn't working at all, once you are inside, you STAY inside, mouhahahahaha! Thanks for my vault warp, I'm not in Alleria anymore.

Finally, i got one stack of gravel and some sand from the waterfall tower, and two stacks of smoothstone from the furnaces in an unfinished house. Little haul, it will be better in the next town.

Note: [size=large]11/20:[/size] Congratulation, it's a little more than Zion, who look exactly the same as you, Alleria!

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I was just reading the lions bay one and noticed the bit about the waterfall, I had actually made that there the night before for a little fun and was taken down shortly after so thats a non issue, i also love how you pointed out how that was a way in while to the left in your screenshot a giant hole in the wall (entrance to the bay) is clearly visible, who gonna take a waterfall up a wall when you can swim in?

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
i said, if you ever found a way to close your bay gate, the waterfall can lead us inside

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
carmeops said:
i said, if you ever found a way to close your bay gate, the waterfall can lead us inside

Most of the security flaws have been patched. The wall above the front gate is taller, the bay is finished(City still under construction) with the boat launch removed, the hole in wall repaired and a huge ass gate. There are 2 possible ways into our town now, one which Doogler pointed out while trying to get in... or through an open door.

So to sum up our losses, no citizen had any major loss because the person with the gold in the furnace had already sold it. It just happened to re-appear after the major rollback about a week ago. :)

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
I wish you would of come to see Alleria at not such an early date from its creation :( There is a sign right next to the main entrance that explains we are under heavy construction. The town is very vacant in regards to pubic buildings, projects we have in mind, and even homes. If you wish to return at a later date for a more accurate view of the city, hit me up in game. :)

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
Sorry Smash, sometime i come at a good time for the town, sometime at a very bad time, and since i don't rob everytown everyday i will probably not correcting towns review for long...

as exemple: i compare Alleria to Zion in my review of Alleria: but after my review, i heard Zion wasn't a town anymore, but i'll keep that this way

people can read my thread to help them choosing a town, but it's still their own judgment who is the best for that, no threads in this forum can tell you what exactly is ingame: go see for yourself ;)

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]SKYFORGE[/size]

Did i mention, i have the vertigo, but well, i always wanted to rob Skyforge when i was from KoE.

Access:
The herogate throw you outside the town, near the main entrance, which is a big ass double stair to the sky, you can almost see all the town just by take this stair:

At the end of this climbing, you finally come in front of a gate and bridge, the most secure entrance, cause there is lot of entrance all around, you just need to search a little, and this very secure entrance... was open when i came to rob the town:

Another way to enter the town is from the railway, coming from the others towns around, only one railway entrance out of four was closed when i entered for the fird time the town.
The station itself is very good looking, and the redstone circuits well made, too bad that the new region protection don't let you use them if you aren't authorized:

Look:
Each level of the town is like a town by itself, the top level and the middle level are totally aerial, this is a sky town after all, it's in the name! It's like an usual town, but without the grass or fence or anything between houses, the glass road make it easy to see all the town, from all the town, and easy to fall down, be warned:

The ground level is more the farm/utility level, but still with some houses, but you need to be even more careful than trying to avoid falling from the upper level: all the houses up there make a ton of shadow on the ground level, so monsters can spawn everywhere down here, and the town don't have a monster damage protection, so you CAN be killed by them!
(in fact, a skeleton got me at my 4th entrance in the town)

There is another level, the sea level, a little more outside the town, it's filled with big boats, little boats, and even a submarine instead of houses, it's quite nice and maybe the less dangerous level of the town:

At the total opposite of the town, you can find Hogward, the huge castle, let's call it: the magical level, you can pass lot of time just exploring it and you have a beautiful view of the town from his roof, Skyforge really have lots of different styles of living area, so you probably can find a place where you like to live, without having to enter the others part of the town:

One last level, the underground, more like some room dug under the town to be fonctional, like the rail station, and the farms: huge cacti/sugar cane farm, and more strange, a tree farm divided in little area, like, tons of mini-farm separated, maybe they give some tiny farm by citizen, don't seem really efficient as a tree farm:

Not the mention the pyramid-monster spawner at ground level, the big trap building at the cloud level, and some artistic builds who make this town really motley, and long to visit, cause they are tons of things to see.

Security:
Almost all chests are lwc'd, and the new region protection work like a lwc on ALL FREAKING DOORS! And not a single pressure plate, nor button, nor lever will work if you aren't from Skyforge, it make the entrance in the houses very difficult, added to that the fact that you CAN'T even try to jump from a house to another: you will end splashed in bloody pieces on the ground level, the fall is pretty high.

I still managed to get two diamond, one gold bar, and a stack of iron, securing it in my vault, before the paranoid naked guard start to freak me out.
Don't ever let Afrodave THINK you can be in Skyforge, cause, even if you are at the total opposite of the map, or on another map, he WILL find you, he will hunt you down, and take a bounty on you to know where you are, no sneaking can help you, just: RUN!

Their region blocking the doors help them a lot for the security, but I'll still add points for that, even if the towns before didn't get this possibility, and since i managed to get gold, diamond, and iron in Skyforge, that region isn't enough: don't forget to ask your citizen to tell you if they have a chest to lwc!

Note: [size=large]16/20:[/size] Really good town, hard to hide, hard to rob, but still easy to get in and dangerous to live into.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
GreekCrackShot said:
You should go to new hope, heard they have a password protected herogate entrance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr3iTgvhI6Q
Here is a video showing it (used this for my arch app but it shows how it works), I really don't think anyone is going to figure out the password from brute force alone.
5^7 = 78,125 possible combinations (love showing that)
The defense has been beefed up since the video since of extra testing like
-plates on the soulsand to prevent building
-repeaters to make the 1 way door even more secure.
-Changed the password since of the video
-Defense of the one-way exit to prevent escapees
-Gate closes faster to prevent unwanted people after password is entered

So Good Luck getting in Carm.
-just though of how to prevent you in even more if u try to camp the area just now.

to be honest, our town defense is still far from being secure victim (forgot his full user name) can tell you that. the only real secured area is the gate, we need to finish the wall by making it higher and our mine is sealed.
So if you cant get in, I wonder how you rate us?

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
yeah, i know very well this entrance, i wanted to go at border and cut some birch, so i choosed a town far from spawn, and ended in the password room, someone saw me (fizze i think) and pressed the "burn to hell" button...

and, one day or another, i always end to enter a town, just need to check often, basic citizen are dumb and let the gates open when they leave their town

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
carmeops said:
yeah, i know very well this entrance, i wanted to go at border and cut some birch, so i choosed a town far from spawn, and ended in the password room, someone saw me (fizze i think) and pressed the "burn to hell" button...

and, one day or another, i always end to enter a town, just need to check often, basic citizen are dumb and let the gates open when they leave their town

If you watch the video, the gate is fully automatic.
OR idiotproof as you might say :)
so there is no way they could leave the gate open

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]NEW HOPE[/size]

Making an "idiot proof" entrance? Good, but if you got an idiot citizen who make his own entrance, then i still can enter!

Access:

Since the town is far away, you might want to come by the herogate, they got really proud of their herogate protection, with a very complicated password room to enter, with a one way only-exit so you can exit the town without making the password:

THIS is Totally Useless, cause:
1-with the new region protection, we can't even press the buttons if we aren't from the town so a single button is enough.
2-one idiot from the town made a hole in the fence protection upstair, so you don't even have to use the password to go inside the town:

But! If you come by walking in the wild (it's what i did at the first time, thinking i will not be able to use the herogate to enter) you will meete a big wall, impossible to enter and, i believe, impossible to even region-lag cause of it's halfstep part, great protection, unless one moron from the town (i suppose) make his own entrance with a dirt bridge:

Look:
The Concept of this town isn't really new: one big flat area with perpendicular roads and no real rules for the looks of the houses, BUT, they did it well, if you want a great town using simple organization, you will like New Hope:

They got great farms, with all your wood/pine/birch/cactus/reeds/wheat need fulfilled by the town, and, which is more rare and a great idea, a Fishing area, with a squid trap at the center, respect, first time i see that in a town:

They have all the publics buildings a town need at center too, forge, storages, food... but the more impressives buildings are citizens made: their houses, it's mostly what is inside this towns: tons of houses and tons of plots for others houses, and, and, and a totally useless railroad under the town, going to nowhere from nowhere:

Security:
Usually, i talk about monster trap (now useless) in the "look" part of my reviews, but since i got some monsters loots in an unprotected chest there, and two diamonds! (seriously, why diamonds in the monster drop chest?):

Now for the houses: the new region protection help a lot with all the door un-openable, but still a lot of houses had their doors open, if you get a protection on all doors: CLOSE THEM! And, since they made the town ground over the sea: some houses have a direct acess to this area, meaning some closed houses can be entered by another open house:

Not to mention almost all chests are lwc'd, which is a good thing, i still got some iron and others stuff in someone house, and entered lot of houses, like this one, with a well closed door, BUT, no glass in the windows: if you make windows, use glass into them, or the door is useless:

One last thing i want to show you: this little fountain, nice hu? But if you pay attention, you will understand this fountain is in an house plot, strange? No, cause it's actually a house! A totally unprotected house with four totally unprotected chests filled with stuff, four chests now totally empty and i'm happy to own a gold record now, thanks:

Note: [size=large]16/20:[/size] You can still improve the look of your town, and improve the security a little, don't put everything in the password herogate entrance.

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh well. I'd rather a 'review' had been done after we had things finished.

The issues with the Herogate area are 99% resolved, and not in the ways you suggest (use of the 'use' flag and fixing some region parent issues).

I saw the dirt bridge and will be investigating, thanks.

The monster trap is far from useless. It has also had some issues fixed since you visited it seems.

The subway isn't useless, it's for a future project and sealed on both ends until ready to use.

As far as improving the down, we're only something like 6-8 weeks old. The entire city was leveled out in about a day. We just have tons of space we haven't done anything with yet. And there are building codes, just lots of homes currently in the process of being built.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
The gate is perfect and it's not useless, we wanted to be unique. Guess someone didn't know how to use an advance city interface and used old school tricks....
In my defence, I didn't know about the LWC buttons, I guess ill bum it down to one button, simple I built the password changer and amount in to it lol.

That wall is suppose to be higher, we ran out of material a while ago, not easy looking for coal of that amount.
I think we went pass 2 large chest already.

Thanks for that :) we have a pretty town dont we :)

Leave my Squid farm alone, they didn't do anything to you.(see unique right there) and yes all that water is still and 7 deep and used only two buckets cuz that's all you need to fill that large area.
-Was build by a lot of people of New Hope and when we finish we had a swim, pretty big dont you think?

Railroad in progress.

I leave diamond tools in non-LWC chest all the time to ask people to help and say just grab a Diamond and wood and make yourself a pixaxe, I guess i never get around to get it back since there is always more chest to search for from other projects, Hint Hint( jk i just took them all back )

I hope the underground ocean was lit up enough for you.
I guess ill try to monitor that area a bit more

I think i sound defensive but? Rawr let us finish the other 3 gate and wall and then we will see a 20/20 right?

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
yeah, me too ^^ even if i never change my final note

don't care of people explanation, i note what i see, if i missed something, too bad, c'est la vie.

i'm supposed to be the bad guy, not the nice guy who make review :p

but, well, the Mayor of Nagori asked me to try his town, even if Nagori is from the same kingdom as me, awkward, but he insisted, so i'll be there soon.