• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Robber's exploration in the towns of Herocraft

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
We all like the traveler's guide from anonymous, but here i'll try to show you another point of view, a robber's point of view.

I, Carméops, "visited" many towns, deeply, entering as many houses i can, opening and emptying as many chests i can, which mean i know well how thoses town are made, if they are beautiful, if their mayor lwc or not the chests, if the access to the town and to the houses are easy or difficult.

In the next replies, i'll try to make a little description of my journey in those towns, so, if you want to join a well secure town, just choose a town that given me some hard time trying to rob from it.

the town reviews:
-Rens
-Slam City
-Ori Balac
-Zion
-Guardia
-Neverast
-Oblivion
-Underdeep
-Vault101
-Newerth
-Tarantia
-Chronus
-Kumo
-Lion's Bay
-Seagate
-Alleria
-New Hope
-Nagori
-Chriton
-Artemis

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]RENS[/size]

Such a lovely place, i really liked robbing from Rens, this town really made me happy, here is what i have to say about Rens:

Access:
You can enter by the Herogate or the roads, nothing stop you, the Herogate spawn you in a building near the bank with doors open, and the gates are totally useless as they stay open.

Look:
That's the best part, this town is really beautiful, flowers, trees, mushrooms, waterfalls and others things are everywhere! And the forest is everywhere around the town, you really feel isolated in an ocean of plants. If you are a little hippie like me, you feel like in Heaven.

Security:
There is the Robber's part ;) except two houses, i successfully entered all houses (congratulation the two owners), but even if i entered in a house, lots of chests are lwc, so it was almost a bad day for robbing.

-the mayor's house, iron door closed, hmmm, how to enter? I know: I'll just jump from roofs to the wooden door upstairs, or enter another house and use the linked basement to the house:

-Gabizou's house: two regioned wool block, right behind the door, impossible to enter, and gates to the garden stop me too... Hmmm, well, I'll just jump in the garden from the wall near it:

-Except one house with closed iron doors, and one with regioned dirt block at every door, the others houses aren't that hard to enter, and, remember guys, a well protected house, with the iron door open is like no door nor wall at all:
(i feel sorry for this guy, all his chests weren't lwc, obsidians, gold, diamonds, and others valuables are mines now)

Note: [size=large]16/20[/size]: lovely place, but two chests non-lwc with high valuables inside, and useless iron doors lower the score.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
well, it's already a know fact that i tried to recruit a secret guild of thieves (i totally failed) and that i robbed like 5-6 towns already, lot of people want my death, it's only fair game

for now, i didn't robbed from KOE, cause i live in a KOE town, exept that, i'll "visit" every town asap ;)

thinks at me as a "security tester" ^^

edit for Saber: as i said, as long as i live in silverwyn, i will not sneak into a KOE town (like fiore) for robbing ;)
edit for Steamed: KOE is three town: Silverwyn, Fiore, Skyforge, so: NO, i didn't steal from Skyforge

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
I can already assure you all important chests in Fiore are locked down ;) You might find a couple cobble and dirt chests laying around but nothing of value should be gained trying to steal here.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]SLAM CITY[/size]

Well, this town is supposed "work in progress" so, it may become better later, but for now, it look like a joke for me.

Access:
A huge stairs as entrance, nothing to stop you, the town is free to enter, no herogate, but if you want to sneak inside, some holes at the bottom of the "cube" make it easy.

Look:
Giant bad point for the look, i don't want to be mean, but it's ugly, it's basically a big cube, on a big cube, hiding a bad looking mine or something:

The up town itself doesn't look like a town at all, just a flat area, with some non-related structure, come on guys, it's SMP, not the free version of minecraft, if it's for making things like that: make it in the wild, it's the same:
(peeing statue, stargate, treehouse, church, wtf seriously, this isn't a town)

Well, little mention for the church, not as bad as the rest, but, don't go in there, DON'T! you will lose your live/soul, arrow shooting confessional, fire activated chairs, i don't want to meet the priest...

A little park is the only nature you will see, and it's not a very expensive park:

Security:
Not a lot to say, chests all around the town, no really valuables, but they don't know about lwc, or are very slow to use it, the warehouse contain only 3 chests, still not lwc, and it's not the little lava trap that can stop you, cause it's activated from the inside:

Note: [size=large]6/20[/size]: kinda fun to rob, cause non-lwc chests are everywhere, but i don't want to live there.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]ORI BALAC[/size]

Some people have really to much free time to dig huge holes for their towns.

Access:
Well, i didn't see any road to the town, so the herogate may be the only way to sneak into the town, so it's not really sneaking, just hoping nobody will be in town when you come to rob.

Look:
First thing you do when you see the town is WHOW! that's a freaking huge hole! it's amazing:

then you look more at it and you feel like in an military future, everything is well organized, color-coded, each floor stand for a specific use, it's not a town, it's a military base, or space base, with houses and appartement, the only natural looking element is a nice little waterfall, even the trees are organized.

then, you feel sad for your robbing and you ask to yourself something: where do the citizens live? you can see only 3 little houses, the entire town is quite empty.

there are a big apartments building, but only one room is occupied:
(seriously, where do you hide your houses? there are only 4 citizen in this huge town?)

another thing is this big ass tower at center, it's big, it's round, it's great, but not a single lift, all by stairs! walk man! it will make your legs stronger!

Security:
You can enter everywhere, but there is nothing to steal, they are lwc user junkies, you can't find a chest no-lwc, there is a huge ass warehouse, they didn't forgot the lwc on one single chest, and the bank have a lot of empty deposit box, time eating for a robber like me, greatly secured town

Note: [size=large]14/20[/size]: the depressing atmosphere and the emptiness lower the score, however, quite secure town, but with almost no houses, it's logical

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]ZION[/size]

quite the standard town: big wall around, almost flat field, streets and houses with no real originality

Access:
the herogate throw you outside the walls, big walls, double layer gate, impossible to enter if nobody open you, but well, you walk around, trying to find a weakness in the shield: and you quickly happen to see: the wall isn't finished at all, half a wall, it's like no wall at all guys:

however, with a little exploration near the town, you can find a.. half an house, with his "power tower" and a rail tunnel ending in a house inside the town: even if the walls were complete, the access isn't impossible:
(really wanted to enter the tower: robber sad, locked iron doors)

Look:
well, nothing really particular, the usual town, with houses like the ones in sanctum, without the center tower, it's like a tiny sanctum, boring... well, they have a nice shopping center, i must admit it, and the bank look cool.
(nothing in the shops chests for the little robber) :(

Security:
you can enter every house, almost no valuables, but the security isn't great at all in common houses, especially the house with rail tunnel that is a security failure.
(sorry guy, i have all your mine carts.)

The bank is something else, huge building, surely lot of interesting to see inside: iron door locked from inside: impossible to sneak in the employee part, only the tiny visitor part is accessible, the robber is sad :(

and, last thing, every-time i came in this town, like, every-time, there was someone at town, it's scary to loot a little town with someone around, hopefully, if you can use /sneak, the risks are lowered:
don't turn around, I'm making a screenshot of you behind your back while robbing your town

Note: [size=large]10/20[/size]: for the lack of originality, the lack of security and the distracted armor guy who didn't turn around when i shouted "YO" in local

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
carmeops said:
well, it's already a know fact that i tried to recruit a secret guild of thieves (i totally failed) and that i robbed like 5-6 towns already, lot of people want my death, it's only fair game

for now, i didn't robbed from KOE, cause i live in a KOE town, exept that, i'll "visit" every town asap ;)

thinks at me as a "security tester" ^^

edit for Saber: as i said, as long as i live in silverwyn, i will not sneak into a KOE town (like fiore) for robbing ;)
edit for Steamed: KOE is three town: Silverwyn, Fiore, Skyforge, so: NO, i didn't steal from Skyforge
You didn't have to edit for me, I caught on to what you were saying already ;) Just putting it out there that Fiore's chests are locked down unless the residents themselves have changed the locks.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]GUARDIA[/size]

big town, lot of people living here, well, that's what they want you to believe
first time i entered the town was while following Neverast wall, i ended in Guardia, well, let's begin with Guardia!

Access:
Cause of a bug, it took me two days to rob this town, the path i used the first day was destroyed the second, and the herogate was closed the second days too, it's like they react very well to my attack ^^

However, it's still possible to enter, if you don't mind losing one or two hearts, there is some areas in the city wall you can jump, if you know how to search:

Look:
Lots of houses, mean lots of people? not sure, when you begin to rob, you quickly see the matter here: many houses are just "pre-made" and waiting citizens, so lots of houses contain nothing to rob :(

But well, for pre-made houses, thoses are nice pre-made houses, they aren't all the same, even if their look is adjusted together, some houses have even some fun inside, like this one, with a monster spawner that nobody use, cause nobody own the house yet:

The town itself isn't that bad looking, the houses aren't "wtf it's not a town" like one another town that i'll don't mention here, the entrance is hard, and the town is nice looking, well, good start:

Security:
i was about to blame the security of the town, but they really made lot of security upgrade in a short time.

This warehouse, in someone basement, and thoses public chests: i emptied EVERYTHING, like, nothing left, not even a single dirt, and the second day, all the chests in the warehouse were lwced, and all the public chests were protected like the herogate, impossible to rob them again:

out of that, the houses aren't that hard to enter, one or two are closed with iron door from the inside, what to do? well, good old technique: jumping in balcony from another house, lost 1,5 heart, but the many stacks of red dust, coal and mossy cobble worth it totally. and well, after that, i found the tunnel between the houses, so you can enter this secure house by the bank for example:

Special mention to the snow donation box, it's so nice, all those people that donate snow to my own benefit, thanks a lot guys:

Note: [size=large]15/20[/size]: the quick-enhancing protection staff make gain points, but not really my taste for a town

malandrops

Stone
the lack of security and the distracted armor guy who didn't turn around when i shouted "YO" in local

Actually i did say "yo" ;/ i was actually happy thinkin i had one of u to be my pirate pet, but he ran away /sadface. And yes the lack of security is a trace of unfinished towns, shame everything is lwc'd.

But oh well, better luck on your next stop.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey Carm, I'm interested in letting you raid Neverast, so I can get some good honest feedback on the security measures we've installed. If you get in you're free to take whatever isn't bolted down, it's the citizens' faults for not letting me know their chests arent lwced =D

I'd appreciate it if you'd get in touch with me prior to the event though.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
RedEchoRanger said:
WHHHAAAAATTT!!!! we can rob? I took to gold blocks from one town and got yelled at by a mod.

If they're placed somewhere it's griefing, since they're part of a structure or other creation. Taking them from chests is fine and dandy.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Carm, I like the post on Rens. It gave me many ideas as how to change some security features about the city. Those two unlwc'd chests are somewhat idiotic and blame my citizens for not updating me on new chests placed. Anyways, these holes in security will be fixed, you did piss off my mayor though, and I'll explain the situation to him when I get on sometime. For now I'll just have to make sure the important chests are secure. A plan will go into effect if say someone were to try and invade Rens through herogate. I'll invite you again soon to help find more security holes later on. All people in the future, expect Rens to be in lockdown mode, as mayor orders, with little ways in or out.