• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Robber's exploration in the towns of Herocraft

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
carmeops said:
well, if i come back allready to every town i robbed, i'll never rob any other town T.T

i was curious for Underdeep today, to see if others houses lead to the tunnels, the one i used before was closed, but the gates were open and a poor guy started digging for his house, and let an unprotected chest with diamonds and lot if iron inside, too bad for him :D

well, except this future house (which is basically an huge hole) i didn't find any new access to the town

Oy. I found that very chest last night and was like holy crap and then lwc'd it for him while he was offline.... he must of decided to move it sometime between then and now lol!

Edit: I just checked it, he indeed modified the chest and broke the lwc i had put on it lol. Sucks to be him then.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
i updated the security on my rens house, though i went there a few days ago and saw all my doors open. good thing they were blocked by dirt ;).

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]Newerth[/size]

Someone from Newerth secretly asked me to wake up the mayor by robbing the town: WISH GRANTED!

Access:
Even if you can enter in the town by sea, by other towns, and others various way without too much difficulties, i don't recommend using the herogate, they trap the entrance, you are stuck and can't even go back in the portal to escape, i was in luck, they didn't closed the trap this time:

Look:
While i was in this town, one word, only one word was in my mind all the time: HUGE! this town is a freaking megalopolis, it took me two day to rob it, i slept in a tree cause i was so tired of walking, and i'm not even certain i did all the town!

Those guy are crazy, the plots are huge, the amount of houses is huge, the build style are incredible, that's really a full town, lively, big, crazy, each part of the town can be a town by itself: the port, the mountain, the field, it's like some towns fused in one to give birth to Newerth:

(big castles, huge dragon house, giant chicken-waterslide, Power-4 game; those guys are mad: i like it!)

Security:
I tried really hard to enter the huge dragon house, but i failed, knowing the owner of this house asked me to rob the town, he really made his best to keep his own house safe, but, well, i found some goodies elsewhere, remember guys: a simple fence all around isn't enough to protect your non-lwc chests if you don't make walls: we can jump from other houses, find a way to jump another fence and then jump yours, or others ways (btw: never let a full armor in a non-lwc chest)

Some others houses are more hard to enter, but if you keep sharing basement with your neighbor, it's pointless to have an iron door, or, if you have a jumping plank in your pit house, we can jump on it and it cost us only few hearts to enter (keeping a waterfall to a public place isn't safe all neither), except that, i didn't find lot of non-lwc chests, but i found a stack of lapis, and it totally worth my two days:

Note: [size=large]16/20[/size]: great town, but finding some high valuable unprotected lower the note, like Rens.

Haha! That was a good read :icon_mrgreen:

You caught us at an inopportune time but c'est la vie. Thanks for the input and review. :icon_lol:

tayw97

Air
Quite an entertaining read! Most definitely looking forwards to others in the future, and hopefully I can learn from other's mistakes.

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah, this is a great thread.

I especially like the fact that although you took my shit (read: zion & the guy's underground rail) you were man enough to tell me how shitty our base security is.

Love what you do!
(come again)

Punisher79
SIC/Banker of ZION

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
i'm at Newerth for HOURS, and still didn't visited everything, its huge, very very huge town, i'm tired, i'll finish my robbery tomorrow
(allready got one stack of lapis and others inks, one stack of mossy, some iron/sulphur/redstone, and got 115c by selling wool from the same chest than the one with lapis)

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly can't wait to see the update on this, this thread is quite enjoyable to read.

-Noobeata

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
carmeops said:
i'm at Newerth for HOURS, and still didn't visited everything, its huge, very very huge town, i'm tired, i'll finish my robbery tomorrow
(allready got one stack of lapis and others inks, one stack of mossy, some iron/sulphur/redstone, and got 115c by selling wool from the same chest than the one with lapis)

Sounds like Newerth's not getting a good score XD

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
Sorry for the huge delay on Newerth review: i was moving house all the week and my comp wasn't on/i was too tired to make the post

but it's DONE! at least, I'll make a little break in robbing this week again, i have some build work late from long ago now, but don't worry, I'll make your game a nightmare again soon ;)

Shenorai

Banned
Heheheh...you really think that the person who asked for the favor is going to let you into her manor so easily? :p Hope you had fun trying to get in. ^^ Especially with increased water flow thanks to 1.4.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]TARANTIA[/size]

I have arachnophobia, why should i rob from Tarantula? ... ho, it's tarantia? well, i guess i can try then!

Access:

Two open gates if you come by roads (i closed one for the picture), and the herogate inside the town without any lock don't stop you to enter, it don't seem like they actually try to let you outside, they like visitors, it's their choice:

BUT, well, not fun to enter the town so easily, so i tried to sneak inside, a little hole in the walls didn't helped me, it end under the wall road and isn't really an entrance:

I continued my search for a weakness and found some area where, if you are a good jumper, you can jump the wall then jump inside without being hurt, and since the area outside the walls aren't regioned, you can just make your own dirt stair to inside, some others thieves left their entrances for you:

Look:

Nice almost-all-desert-like town, not very original but still nice, some garden, a little public farm, a big cactus farm, a really useless but nice looking bridge, i could buy a plot here, but not being citizen (i don't like heat and desert and stuff):

When i said not very original, they still try a little, the big ass dog-entrance is impressive, the central building is quite nice too, with the heart of Tarantia under it, nice concept. And the Pampa is totally hilarious:

The outside view isn't that bad neither, you can see the nexus not too far, and the KICK ASS ONE WINGED PHOENIX! between the towns of this kingdom, even if it's not inside tarantia, it needed to be noted:

Security:
Almost no pictures for this section, cause almost every chest are lwc'd, and, rare thing, tons of doors are lwc'd too! it's good to see that some people actually use lwc door, that's the first town i rob that use it that much, congratz. better looking than a regioned iron door and as efficient, too bad some people don't close them...

So, the most valuable thing i got in this town was two stacks of seeds from the farm, their stones tools and some dirt (cause they like their dirt, so i taken it)

Little mention for the one who made a secret door in his house, behind a poster, i laughed, thanks:

The thing is, it seem someone else robbed tarantia right before me (it's like that i know they like their dirt, cause he seem to have stolen lot of dirt and they hate it ^^)

Note: [size=large]14/20[/size]: not a really great town, the access is too easy, even if the chests and doors are well protected, and the lack of some area, like, a trade center, a restaurant... but still a nice town to live.

BlackLabelBobbie

Legacy Supporter 3
carmeops said:

I updated the first post with the list of the 5 next towns that I'll begin to rob this week, be warned, citizens

ps: leave me a private message if you want me to attack a specific town after the fird town ;)

Did you really have to take all my fucking dirt? I have shit that needs to be done. Appreciate you checking security and all, and I wouldnt be pissed if it was valuables, I lock those tight. But take something worthy, not my architect supplies. I'm busy as fuck and definetly don't appreciate the delay.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
whow, calm down dude, today i was organizing my vault/being hunted for my bounty

i PLAN to come at tarantia, maybe tomorrow, maybe after, but this week, if someone robbed you today, it wasn't me (well, i did robbed tarantia long time ago when the town wasn't a town yet, but long ago)

so, please to be mad at me for things i did, not for things someone else did

edit: ho, and, one thing: i'm not a freaking security checker! i'm here to steal you, rob you, kill you even if i get the chance, i WILL take dirt or non-valuable if i have nothing else to take, i'll take everything i can, i came three times to vault101 to take all the sugar cane, i don't need sugar cane, but i did it!

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]CHRONUS[/size]

Buckets here, buckets there, buckets EVERYWHERE: welcome to bucket fetishist city.

Access:
One road from the sea, one road from the land, no gates, no traps, one dock for boat, nothing to control the boat user, in fact, the most secure entrance is the herogate, scaring the hell out of you by making you believe you just entered the Nether, but don't worry, it's just a look:

Not funny, let's decide, if there were gates, if they closed the herogate, could we still pass trough the giant walls of the city? The answer is, yes, you can jump on the roof up to the access stairs and get inside:

Look:

The town concept is pretty cool: big ass underground city, regular city on top, floating houses in addition and the houses are desert themed, it make a great look, exept the herogate house which is totally ugly, red in this sand town:

The upper part and the underground part are linked by the central tower, using lift to go up and down (yeah, not taking long ass stairs, like in others towns):

In fact, there are a level under the underground town too, but it's more like a giant demolished mine, falling to death can occur, so, be attentive if you want to visit this useless part of the town:

if the down part is quite good, the upper part of the town is lot less beautiful, less than 1/2 of the houses plots are taken, lot of emptiness, some starting of house, and, in one little area, all the houses near each others. The funny fact is, the area isn't regioned, and some holes are already here if you want to have a view of the bottom part of the town from the big glass dome separating the two part of the town:

Security:
Except one or two houses with lwc doors, lwc chests, and region, tons of chests aren't protected, too bad for me, another thief passed before me and taken all the very valuable, only letting me: buckets, tons of buckets, some snow, and tons of dirt (good thing, i needed dirt) but, so many buckets...

(the two houses i didn't brake into, one was up to pillars and the only door was lwc, the other, i successfully jumped on the balcony, but the owner dirt-ed the regioned stairs, didn't reached the chests)

One building that made me laugh was the dock's restaurant, nice place, good lwc storage, but, if you lwc guy, no need to place an hidden door behind a picture ^^

For the little story: if you don't region your house, lwc your door mean nothing, we can just brake the wall, then rebuild it behind us, i found 10 chests in a house this way, only one without lwc: only filled with 23 more buckets! what does they have with buckets in Chronus? This town gift me more than 40 of them!

Note: [size=large]11/20:[/size] nice concept, but crappy protection, half empty town, a bucket craziness, and really crappy protection.

Shenorai

Banned
carmeops said:
When i said not very original, they still try a little, the big ass dog-entrance is impressive, the central building is quite nice too, with the heart of Tarantia under it, nice concept.

Lion. ;)

carmeops said:
The outside view isn't that bad neither, you can see the nexus not too far, and the KICK ASS ONE WINGED PHOENIX! between the towns of this kingdom, even if it's not inside tarantia, it needed to be noted:

Glad you liked it. ^^ ...that thing is a pain in the ass to build. >.<

All I wanted to say, really.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
little warning:

since i remove today my citizenship from Silverwyn, nothing stop me to rob the KOE towns, that will eventually be done after this week.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]KUMO[/size]

Let's go robbing Fort Knox! What? Kumo? Well, Fort Knox would be easier, I'm pretty damn sure!

Entrance:
If you aren't invited, or citizen from Kumo, or if you just care about your life, don't even come near this town, all entrances are closed, the outside wall are too high everywhere and have a security system that make them ON FIRE if a guard pull a switch!

And, the passives protections aren't all, they got guards, very angry guards, we were 11 on the server, the server is huge, and 3 of those 11 people were at Kumo, making patrols to make sure nobody enter.

First time i tried to enter the town, they shooted a long range rain on me, the whole land was covered by arrows, and i burned my ass trying to find a weak spot in the walls.

Second time i tried, i successfully entered by the front door, temporary open and almost closed right after my entrance, passed lot of time hiding, and when i showed my head to see if nobody was here, the archer spotted me, i ran away, jumped off the walls, ran far, ran fast, swam in the ocean, and he was behind me the whole time, shooting, shooting, and shooting again, how many arrow do they give to their guards?

I finally successfully entered and visited the town later, everything was closed, the herogate too, hidden in a nice little house, with a list of people too kill on sigh (I'm not on this list, I'm sad)

How did i entered with everything closed? Call it Luck, call it Patience, I, personally, call it "running in gate when Pumpapa go out to fix something near the back entrance, then waiting hidden long enough to see him disconnect":

Look:
Kumo is a calm little asian-looking town, inside the safety of the over-protective security, Kumo is very well like a Rens with less decoration and more empty space, but still nice looking town:

Nothing much to say, the themed houses are beautiful, even if some are still not finished, the spleef arena and the wolf park are something that not all towns have, but they also have everything a town should have, banks, farms, shop district ect...

The great thing of this town, it's the security system, and all the things they make to make Kumo a safer area, like the freaking alarm system, a double sound block shouting in almost half the town, didn't resisted the need to pull the switch:

Security:
Three wool, that's all i got from Kumo, three wool! And, not even in a chest, no, i got them by punching a sheep inside Kumo, cause, NOT A SINGLE CHEST isn't protected! It's an exaggeration, i did found, like, 2 unprotected, empty chests, but, it's irritating to not found anything, not even a stack of dirt, i like dirt, but no, not even that!

And, not to mention the difficulty to enter the houses, almost every door is protected too: or it's an iron door with switch from the inside, or it's a lwc wooden door, or the guards placed cobblestone in front of the unsecurised doors:

In fact, i successfully entered only 3 houses, the lowest rate of house entered of all the towns for now, mostly cause two of the three houses weren't finished, one without windows, the other with holes in the roof:

The third house was the little castle of Pumpapa, the same Pumpapa who let me enter without knowing it, nothing to rob there neither, but there is this lever, THE lever, the one who light every outside wall on fire! Didn't resisted the need to pull this switch too, FIRE!

Note: [size=large]17,5/20:[/size] juuust a little more than Neverast, truly the most secure town so far, and you can easily reach 18 or 19 by boosting the look of your town.