• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Robber's exploration in the towns of Herocraft

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
inside a town ring, i only took from chests, redechoranger ;) and, don't worry apple, i was in guardia yesterday, and it's allready planned that neverast is the next town to be visited ;)

edit: didn't see gabizou message, well, i'll probably come back later, but i still have so many towns to try before, don't expect me for a while ;)

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STOLE ALL MY DIAMONDS GOLD AND IRON. CURSE YOU!!!!!!!

haha I had an unlocked chest in the city of Osari a city near Rens...

good job if I ever seen you in game you are dead man!

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
sorry, didn't came at osari yet, only the town described up there, and oblivion, dunno if i'll make a post with oblivion or not

even if i'm probably the only one making a thread of my robberies, there are some thieves guilds and others independents robbers out here ;)

just back home, i'll be ingame in an hour or so for finishing Guardia's exploration

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]NEVERAST[/size]
Damned, they fear the cold or what? they don't even let a little wind enter the town.

Well, this is a temp report, i'll make a full report when i'll find a way to enter the town, or when someone forgot to close a door ;)

Security(part one):
My advise: even the white house isn't that secure, all the outside gates are closed, the walls are too high to jump from somewhere else, the area is totally regioned, so you can't dig your own entrance, nor build a staircase to the walls, and don't try the herogate: you will be trapped with no others choice than taking it back to nexus:

I did found a tiny mouse hole, leading UNDER the town, but under isn't inside, all the exit from this cave system are locked by regioned blocks, i traveled like TWO HOURS in those tunnels before give up.

I really feel i wasted this time, only found one coal in a forgotten furnace, and i have no hope to see the entrances open in the future, cause i even found diamond they didn't dig yet, so they don't come here anymore.

Second try:
When they madly want me to "try them"

Access:
I don't really know if i was lucky the second day, but all gates near the herogates were fully open, i just have to sneak from a guard to enter the town:

Look:
Saddly, i don't have lots of screenshots of the town, cause the guards were everywhere, i ended the robbery being chased by two guard with lava bucket Oo

What i have to say: the walls are beautiful, the houses are quite common, but the big castle is really cool, the only thing that really annoy me with this town, it's that they love using iron door opened by redstone torch, in a regioned area, lots of area are closed from me.

Security (part two):

I allready said a lot about the security, but it's still the main part of this town, guards hunting thieves, ton of people in town, ALLWAYS! making really hard to sneak, two citizen caugh me before the guards, but in a non-pvp area, i was safe to continue.

At the end, i only found two good area to steal from: the bakery, with ton of bread, TON! i eated some, filled my inventory totally, even tried to fill my boots with bread, but it was silly.

Since i didn't want to come back for bread, and wanted to let an empty chest behind me, i trowed the rest to the chicken near me, look like it pissed off some people in the town, but well, in my chests, or trowed away, what's the difference? In each case, you don't have it anymore!

The second area was the "donation chest" (i love donation chests), some sulphur stacks, redstones, those people sure give good donations ;)

Note: [size=large]17/20[/size]: mostly for the overprotection all over the town, the Second most secure town i "visited" so far

Edit: Addition of one word in my last sentence, after Kumo's review.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]OBLIVION[/size]

Someone asked me to rob Oblivion, so, obviously, i robbed the town (cause i'm making a post about it)

Access:
Well, no herogate and it's far at north, so no road neither, then the best way to enter the town is probably by the sea, it's not really difficult.

Look:
Tiny "town", since, it's actually not a town at all, just a fort deep at north, with some house, like, 4, or 6, depend what you call "house", except the houses, the castle is just an empty shell, and there is lot of empty space:

The best part of the look is the three tower outside the town, a little griefed and i'm not really sure it's part of the town, well, part of the non-town, an underwater tunnel linking the castle to two towers and a tree-house:

Security:
Almost nothing to say, almost no chest, almost no lwc, almost no dfficulty to enter everywhere, almost nothing to rob, almost nothing to see...

The underwater tunnel start in the castle, the towers linked by the tunnel are almost filled by water with nothing to steal:

BUT, the tree-house, it's a big farm with... a big UNPROTECTED storage! jackpot! i took EVERYTHING! it took me some time to come back again and again to empty all the chest, but i did it!
And i took a picture of the town from the top of this tree as last action in oblivion.

Note: [size=large]5/20[/size]: even Slam city look more like a town than oblivion

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Woo! 1 coal net loss =D
I'm hoping to can find legitimate weaknesses in our defense, so I know how people are able to get in. So far the only way people have managed to get in is by exploiting region lag, which is rather disappointing.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]UNDERDEEP[/size]

Or, the big underwater dome town. I won your challenge Gtastuntdude ;)

Access:
From the herogate: no hope, a freaking huge stairs (no, not a single lift this time again) only to end on a closed gate, bad luck, and from every others access, everytime, gate closed.

I didn't wanted to spend two hours for nothing like with neverast, but i tried a little by the mines tunnels, and: i did found a way in! a couple of guy made an access to the mine from their basement! they even accepted to pose for a screenshot, since the town is non-pvp, i didn't risk to die from simple citizens:
(funniest pict ever, the victims posing for their robber ^^)

Look:
If you aren't claustrophobic, this town is cool, looking big, looking huge, but a lot of space is taken by the farm and by the central town building, taking a lot of the central area:

The central building is nice, even if it eat lot of town's space, bank, vault, trading, very functional, but still nice looking. For the shops, it's outside, lot of chests shop, but only some of them used for now:

Security:

Except one house locked from the inside, with no balcony nor houses to jump from near it, the main protection used here is lwc, didn't found a lot to steal, mainly some sapplings and bonemeals, but well, i'm not leaving it, it's mine now:

And, i hope you don't mind a town filled by monster, they are EVERYWHERE! you can barely walk in the street without hitting some zombie, without making some creeper self explode, the town is no monster damage, and no creeper explosion, so you'll be safe with only a little fear:

Note: [size=large]14/20[/size]: a little too dark, a little not enough houses, but still a huge coolness for the big dome town.

gtastuntdude

Legacy Supporter 7
Now I gotta restock our tree farms supplies D:

Was hoping most people would ignore attempting to get in from the tunnels o:

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I had a feeling you'd get in through someone's house, i give you credit for running around that maze of tunnels and actually finding one that led to someone's basement! The house you got into Underdeep from was literally made last night haha! I wonder if there is any other way in through the tunnels if you had attempted a day sooner. Mobs in Underdeep only want hugs, they are like citizens to us! Also yay me for having the impenetrable house!

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm kinda curious over how you score each town+ I mean i understand looks and security are always upping the score but just a general run down of how you calculate points would help. I don't want to ask for too much though. Anyways, good reviews of towns+. I'm certain a few guilds will find this information useful as well as new players looking for a nice secure place. Either way, i now have work to get to start securing those "useless gates" :p I was thinking something more elegant than the steel doors so something like redstone circuit gates of craftbook... I'm already doing tests on one of the gates leaving from Rens to Osari.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
All in all 16/20 isn't so bad! Mr. Anonymous never spoke a single word of Rens! yet i've been to some towns on his "most ascetically pleasing cities" list and I think Rens tops 'em still :p

And it's got the 2nd best score so far! :D

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
gabizou: i don't really "calculate" anything, it's just a totally random number based on my feeling and on what number i gave to others town ;)

rens worth way more than 16/20, but well, i robbed gold and diamond at rens, it's a HUGE bad point in security ^^

neverast didn't got more than 17 cause i got some stack of sulphur, it will got more too if one chest, just this one was lwc

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Well I'd just like to say that dysprous' house had lwcs but he decided to change their location without telling me :p So unfortunately his chests were looted :( Other than taht, I'm upping security of Rens with some gates and redstone circuitry for citizens only via regions and placing redstone torches etc. I don't mean to say that i want Rens' score changed. Wonderful work though. I look forward to seeing more towns+ reviews in the future.

HutchTheDutch

Glowing Redstone
Symbolite said:
I had a feeling you'd get in through someone's house, i give you credit for running around that maze of tunnels and actually finding one that led to someone's basement! The house you got into Underdeep from was literally made last night haha! I wonder if there is any other way in through the tunnels if you had attempted a day sooner. Mobs in Underdeep only want hugs, they are like citizens to us! Also yay me for having the impenetrable house!

Yeah that was my house... After buying the lot I dug down 1 block to put a floor in my house and found a giant 4 block wide staircase that went down quite a ways. =/

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
in fact, when i found the staircase, i saw your two names and didn't know it was no-pvp, so i hidden myself, hidden long, and when you finally goes away, i saw you placed a ladder instead of the staircase :p

even if the staircase wasn't yours, the ladder was ^^

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
Hey carm. :)

I'd like you to come try Ori Balac when we are done :p
Reason for not many homes is because we all build/mine when we are on XD

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
well, if i come back allready to every town i robbed, i'll never rob any other town T.T

i was curious for Underdeep today, to see if others houses lead to the tunnels, the one i used before was closed, but the gates were open and a poor guy started digging for his house, and let an unprotected chest with diamonds and lot if iron inside, too bad for him :D

well, except this future house (which is basically an huge hole) i didn't find any new access to the town

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]VAULT101[/size]

If you don't know about Fallout, then you miss all the fun here

Access:
It will be quick: Impossible, the only access is by the front door, the herogate is near the road, and there is only, one, way, to enter: all the traps at the entrance must be deactivated from the inside, or you'll face gates, lava-holes suprises, and pit fall.
I was in a lucky day, they didn't activate the traps, so it looked like a simple corridor for me:

Look:
If you like to live underground, (and not in an hipster way), if you like fallout references, then you will like Vault101. Stairs, lifts, littles corridors, more stairs, and lot of big houses area, it's like a town maze, it's actually quite fun to visit:

they have huge farms too, you will never need anything growable from the outside (or only after my robbing), all the commons area, banks, warehouses, restaurants are there too, maybe a little too "wood-like" for a Fallout Vault, but well, their farm must produce TON of wood:

Security:
Except the entrance traps, which they can only close from inside, so they must let it open when they go outside (which is stupid) and the houses chests almost all lwced, they have plenty of warehouses full of non-lwc chests, it took me lot of time, but i took the most valuables in each one:
(i didn't took everything, cause i was playing hide and seek with the head guard of this town, he was chasing me in all the town with his lava bucket while i was hiding in the dark, or already out with /home, it was hilarious ^^ he even tried to challenge me to duel, i accepted, and when he deactivated the traps to come out and kill me, i ran inside again and we re-played hide and seek again !)

Well, last notice for the funny sign "don't steal the record" in the two jukebox i found, funny cause now, i own two more record:

Note: [size=large]14/20[/size]: mostly for the unprotected warehouses, and for the shitty-talk head guard who insulted me, the rules, me, every other players and me, a lot, while trying to find where i was hiding.