• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Super Ultra Mega Thread of What You Want + Herocraft RPG

Nikewade

Soulsand
FYI I used to be an admin here. So I can confirm that if there is a member of staff stepping out of line they will be dealt with if evidence is provided. So rather than complaining about something that isn't there try doing what you're supposed to do.
I'm not complaining? I thought this post was made so people could comment what they would like to see changed / added. I'm simply adding that I would like to see the staff system fixed. Why does someone always have to start a fight in this community? I'm leaving this at that, as this post should not be full of arguing, and I hope you as a former staff member (Not sure what you are, no offence), can do the same.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not complaining? I thought this post was made so people could comment what they would like to see changed / added. I'm simply adding that I would like to see the staff system fixed. Why does someone always have to start a fight in this community? I'm leaving this at that, as this post should not be full of arguing, and I hope you as a former staff member (Not sure what you are, no offence), can do the same.
I'm not trying to start a fight I have a bad habit of wording things in a way that may come across that way (you however did initially respond to me with a fairly snide comment so imo it wouldn't be unwarranted). But the reasoning in why I used the word complaining is because you haven't actually provided any constructive critisism. You've effectively said "it's broken fix it" you've not stated why it's broken or made any suggestions on how to resolve the problem only showed your displeasure with the staff system which is what the dictionary definition of complaining is.

Example of what I mean.
"It's overall bad in my opinion"
Why is it bad?

"Loads of confusion"
Confusion about what?

You also stated that "staff are abusive" which is what I stated that if you feel that way you should report it because nothing will happen if you do not report it.

"If the staff system was broken, reporting would not help"
Again, what is actually broken. Explain your reasoning.

In short I'm not trying to start a fight more help you provide more constructive and useful critisism.

Last edited:

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

My mans I'm sorry to say this but you were pretty disrespectful to danda and honestly being on this server for 5-6 years I really haven't seen staff being abusive maybe using their powers in favoritism, but never have I seen a staff member be abusive. Please apologize to Mr. Danda

KLuebbert

TNT
I strongly feel as if mining in Pantheon was a horrible mistake... I know the ores regenerate, that's nice, but because how rare ores are, I don't think it matters... You can use 5 iron pickaxes, you'll find a vein of coal, and maybe one vein of gold or diamond by using other player's mine-shafts, and that is it... And even if there are no tunnels around, and the fact I'm near the map border doesn't matter, the ores are rarer than emerald generation in extreme hills. I've been having a very hard time trying to mine, and it seems the best way to make coins now is by killing enemies, mining almost seems useless when I can buy what I want in the market.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Even though it would only last one day I would love a pvp tournament
I know it's short notice, but I'll be free Monday to host one if people are willing to show. I only found out I'd be free today.

I have some time tonight to check on the event server (If it's even up) and over the weekend to make sure it's up to snuff.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I strongly feel as if mining in Pantheon was a horrible mistake... I know the ores regenerate, that's nice, but because how rare ores are, I don't think it matters... You can use 5 iron pickaxes, you'll find a vein of coal, and maybe one vein of gold or diamond by using other player's mine-shafts, and that is it... And even if there are no tunnels around, and the fact I'm near the map border doesn't matter, the ores are rarer than emerald generation in extreme hills. I've been having a very hard time trying to mine, and it seems the best way to make coins now is by killing enemies, mining almost seems useless when I can buy what I want in the market.

I don't usually mine much but I found this ore system to be retarded. It's much easier to level I believe as I have found ore chucks with just an insane amount of ore and really shouldn't have a place on the server. As much as it is useful for late map play it has no use if your server economy is already down the drain and has a low population all the time. It makes all the ores and special minerals go down in price because everyone has so much of it. I barely mined this map and have 8 stacks of diamonds
And 8 stacks of emeralds from 5 hours total

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I know it's short notice, but I'll be free Monday to host one if people are willing to show. I only found out I'd be free today.

I have some time tonight to check on the event server (If it's even up) and over the weekend to make sure it's up to snuff.
Yeah I'll be down for that, just make sure to announce it though asap.

ThePeach

Coal
well the only things i can think of to possibly help the server would be

adding simple town quests
and a new tutorial set up

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
well the only things i can think of to possibly help the server would be

adding simple town quests
and a new tutorial set up
Completely agree with the tutorial. The current tutorial is like walking through a wall of text and most people will just run through it and get stuck/ask questions later

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Completely agree with the tutorial. The current tutorial is like walking through a wall of text and most people will just run through it and get stuck/ask questions later

Maybe some sort of interactive tutorial which requires them to do things ? They can earn LostSoul / Crafter exp and maybe some coins by completing it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Maybe some sort of interactive tutorial which requires them to do things ? They can earn LostSoul / Crafter exp and maybe some coins by completing it.
like a mini dungeon as the tutorial or something

Pakeon

TNT
I would like lil quests in tutorial and they may give exp, that you can master lostsoul in tutorial

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
About fixing the economy, why don't we leave it up to the people who knew it best back when money was more relevant. Allow them to design a new cool and interactive system which @Jonsoon briefly outlined above.

Guys like @Jonsoon @Yavool come to mind.

What the Trade District is or isn't does not affect the reason why 99% of people choose Herocraft over another server or another game. Additionally, whether it is a centralized marketplace with places for each person to put their chest shops or is what we have now with the global market doesn't matter one bit unless we have at least 50 people playing HC at any given time and over 200 people at peak times. The Trade District needs patrons to succeed, regardless of what it is, and until those threshold numbers are consistently attained via whatever means HC needs to keep its player base coming back for more daily, then what happens to the Trade District is moot.

That being said, I have made suggestions in the past and also believe that we should:

have the TD turned into customizable plots;
have the length of the leases be increased at least doubled if not quadrupled, from weekly to every other week or monthly (monthly preferred);
make sure the rents stay low;
ensure there is sufficient room at spawn for *every single HC member* to have a trade plot;
have chest shops cost 50 and refund 25 (or whatever it takes to adjust for the current economy);
bring back villagers so that the villager's wares can be sold;
increase global spawns of mobs and animals to add to the general pool of mob drops and animal drops;
ensure that *everything* is tradeable (which requires the correct coding);
make sure the Merchant profession is appropriately empowered with a unique set of skills;

We can make policies that have it so "each Trade District merchant is allowed one locked double-sized supply chest, labeled "Supply Chest" to refurbish their wares on their plot. Periodic checks of all Trade District plots will be made, and anyone who is found to have items outside that one Supply Chest will immediately have those items confiscated and destroyed." All we would need at that point is a mod/admin to enforce it with regularity (i.e. once a month or so).

For all it matters, we could have *both* a Trade District and a Global Market. If people have preferences, then let them have preferences. We can "tax" the Global Market accordingly; in Dungeons & Dragons Online, there is a small % posting fee, and the House takes 1/3. For us, this would also work, as it rewards those who have the ambition to take on building their own TD plot, penalizes the ease of the Global Market, creates additional competition (which is always good in an economic sense), and gives everyone a chance to sell their wares without having to spend all of their time in the TD building and making chest shops if they don't want to.

There are a lot of benefits to a vibrant Trade District, but those benefits are more part of the composition of the glue that holds HC together, and less of the stones that create its foundation. The foundation is PVP, the Heroes mod, the Professions, building, wars between empires, character and class advancement/power. If we want HC to have its patrons to not get "bored" quickly, we need to create incentive for them to keep coming back day after day. Many years ago, I learned that imitation of success is the best way to ensure your own success (and after winning many Magic: The Gathering tournaments by using other people's deck creations, I can validate this concept); I believe that @Kainzo needs to scout the top 10-20 Minecraft servers on each list, identify why they are having such success, and then implement those strategies into the Heroes mod concept. I am not a coder, but if someone else can do it, I imagine it wouldn't be like reinventing the wheel if HC did it, too.

-yav

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
What the Trade District is or isn't does not affect the reason why 99% of people choose Herocraft over another server or another game. Additionally, whether it is a centralized marketplace with places for each person to put their chest shops or is what we have now with the global market doesn't matter one bit unless we have at least 50 people playing HC at any given time and over 200 people at peak times. The Trade District needs patrons to succeed, regardless of what it is, and until those threshold numbers are consistently attained via whatever means HC needs to keep its player base coming back for more daily, then what happens to the Trade District is moot.
I disagree with the first part of your statement here. Herocraft had a functional economy before we hit our peak of 200 of players at peak. There were points in time where 50 players was peak and we still had a more functional economy than we currently have. The issue we have presently is that there is nothing people actually want to buy on a regular basis. There aren't any useful services to sell on a regular basis and there aren't any blocks/items people want to purchase frequently.

Honestly I think the largest impact to the economy which most people probably rejoiced at was the removal of most reagents on skills. This was a huge market which vanished. I'm not saying this is the sole reason nor am I suggesting reagents be added back in but it is one of the many nails in the coffin of our economy.
bring back villagers so that the villager's wares can be sold;
I completely agree with the sentiment of this idea however I think it is not presently possible unless we can find another way of obtaining villagers. Reason being is that currently the weakness effect you experience from the mythic mobs I believe is what the current vanilla minecraft weakness does (cannot test so cannot verify). As a result splash weakness potions need to be disabled for balance reasons otherwise all melee classes will be forever screwed in combat.

Last edited:

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Perhaps you have already thought of this, but if not here goes.

If you decide to act on some of the suggestions in this thread and rebuild the game, you will also need a new spawn and other buildings.

You should be deciding now what you want that to look like and start building. The architect team will need just as much time as the coding team to provide a truly great product.