• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
@Kainzo I personally would love this as well. I read Yavool's original post and Kainzo';s comment of considering it... I prefer building a town to pvping and having everything you worked so hard on ripped apart. I am not saying pvp isn't fun at times, but I prefer to pve for the most part and kill mobs, go to dungeons etc.

Will the restrictions be removed on professions as far as... only a smithy can make certain things etc? I feel that really cut down on the enjoyment of the game for myself and Dakinara... I understand why it was implemented, but I think it was too restrictive as well.

Also, what township mod are we using for this new map? I would like to read up on it and get to know it more before the map reset. :)

Also, I would ultimately prefer everyone on one map to build play etc with the exception of the resource map... however, I have never agreed with towns being able to be demolished or people being able to declare war on you. I think it was tons of fun to build towns that you had to fortify and protect... and when you walked outside, you had to watch for Umbra to attack you. Bastion and Haven were the best maps and experience for myself, in all honesty. but I do not think people should be able to break into your town by breaking down doors etc. I think it is far more fun and rewarding to try and find that noobs house who left the gates open or couldnt remember how to exit the town so made a hole in the town's walls. LOL it gives the town stuff to do as well by keeping track of what is done and watching for security breaches etc. To me, thats when HC was the bestest... back in the days of Haven / Bastion. <3

and the custom township plugin was the best township plugin we ever used in my opinion also. I was very upset when that went away as well as when parts of it were disabled. but I understand that it was buggy. I agree with Trazil about bugs tho.. I do think that is another thing that really makes the player base drop off - people get very frustrated but I know it can not always be helped.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Looking forward to the Last Stand.

Whatever changes are implemented, we need Areas where you are incentivized to build and then spend time in PvP, with no pvp borders nearby.

In the past, these Areas were Leveling Swamps, and being able to cultivate and protect these pvp hotspots has been our most successful model.

ooOOooo that is a very VERY good point! The best battles took place at those leveling spots!

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
All of these people thinking splitting the server and killing pvp for good is a good idea.
Smh.

The last time we did that obtained LITERALLY the lowest playercount we've ever had. What do you think would happen if we did it again with this already abysmal current playercount.
PvE content can only hold a player for so long before they've done everything there is to do.
PvP content can hold someone forever, there's always fights to be had and it's always possible to improve.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
All of these people thinking splitting the server and killing pvp for good is a good idea.
Smh.

The last time we did that obtained LITERALLY the lowest playercount we've ever had. What do you think would happen if we did it again with this already abysmal current playercount.
Well thats because the last remaining people on the forums are pvers.

Fairbuy

Iron
So there goes all my work again :( I guess i have to build something new from scratch then after the reset ^^ I know you wrote that the township system is in development atm, but do you know if it will work fairly similar to how it is now? Like, will anyone be able to start a town to get protection?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Smh.

PvE content can only hold a player for so long before they've done everything there is to do.
PvP content can hold someone forever, there's always fights to be had and it's always possible to improve.
Except, PvP doesn't hold you if you don't enjoy it.
You have to understand, some people AREN'T here for the PvP aspect.
Towns should be like 90% Safe, with a way in if Raiders want to put the time in. Raiders have a goal, get stuff to break into town, while people who don't want PvP can stay safe in their town most, not always, of the time.

Well thats because the last remaining people on the forums are pvers.
Well, maybe if instead of bitching and leaving, there would BE a PvP population.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Towns should be like 90% Safe, with a way in if Raiders want to put the time in. Raiders have a goal, get stuff to break into town, while people who don't want PvP can stay safe in their town most, not always, of the time.
Yet we had more players when towns were not 90% safe.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Also, I would ultimately prefer everyone on one map to build play etc with the exception of the resource map... however, I have never agreed with towns being able to be demolished or people being able to declare war on you. I think it was tons of fun to build towns that you had to fortify and protect... and when you walked outside, you had to watch for Umbra to attack you. Bastion and Haven were the best maps and experience for myself, in all honesty. but I do not think people should be able to break into your town by breaking down doors etc. I think it is far more fun and rewarding to try and find that noobs house who left the gates open or couldnt remember how to exit the town so made a hole in the town's walls. LOL it gives the town stuff to do as well by keeping track of what is done and watching for security breaches etc. To me, thats when HC was the bestest... back in the days of Haven / Bastion. <3

and the custom township plugin was the best township plugin we ever used in my opinion also. I was very upset when that went away as well as when parts of it were disabled. but I understand that it was buggy. I agree with Trazil about bugs tho.. I do think that is another thing that really makes the player base drop off - people get very frustrated but I know it can not always be helped.

@ShadowRavynn :D

Glad we are on the same page. :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So basically, I like our mob system, it has a lot of lore in it, we've spent a lot of time in it.

Where this has failed basically, was scaling. The harshness of these mobs and the repetition (lack luster) skills yielded little enjoyment.

So I hope to contain the numerous mobs we have but have them spawn randomly in different regions of the map (maybe a little harder ones on the outskirts and the easier ones in the middle.

The skills are needing massive reworks and balancing, something I will handle myself.

The importance of Herocraft is that we want players to decide what happens, its in the name. You are crafting your Hero the way you see fit.

@Kainzo I personally would love this as well. I read Yavool's original post and Kainzo';s comment of considering it... I prefer building a town to pvping and having everything you worked so hard on ripped apart. I am not saying pvp isn't fun at times, but I prefer to pve for the most part and kill mobs, go to dungeons etc.

Will the restrictions be removed on professions as far as... only a smithy can make certain things etc? I feel that really cut down on the enjoyment of the game for myself and Dakinara... I understand why it was implemented, but I think it was too restrictive as well.

Also, what township mod are we using for this new map? I would like to read up on it and get to know it more before the map reset. :)
The township mod is newly developed, if its not ready, we will stall the release.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7

Well, maybe if instead of bitching and leaving, there would BE a PvP population.
How was I bitching please inform me. I was stating a fact.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
How was I bitching please inform me.
I don't specifically mean you. But there was a large outcry and moaning and complaining from Avid PvPers, who pretty much just complained about the issues, asked for Dragongarde, then left.

Smh.

That's not quite right. Sure, PvE gets boring with a lot of repetition, but the current population is PvE oriented. PvP does actually get boring after enough time. Trust me, I've gotten bored of it a few times.

Towns should be able to be built up how towns want them to be built up. There should be some risk of raiding though. Without the threat of PvP for PvE towns, they grow stale and die out. It's all about the balance, man.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
What happened to the server? When I left there were hundreds of different players logging in everyday with the server reaching cap throughout the day. The server held strong for the years I played and before that. What is it that drove everyone away and keeps new players away now? Did the entire Minecraft community change or did the server?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What happened to the server? When I left there were hundreds of different players logging in everyday with the server reaching cap throughout the day. The server held strong for the years I played and before that. What is it that drove everyone away and keeps new players away now? Did the entire Minecraft community change or did the server?
A mix of both really.

Y

ytiggidmas

How was I bitching please inform me. I was stating a fact.
leo don't even waste your time with this guy. We all know the people that know what they're talking about, and the people that have their head far up their ass.

Last edited by a moderator: