• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
anything I cam help with Kainzo? sounds like fun!
Come back to MEEEE!
Three questions;

If conquest points are open 90% of the time, this would lead to it getting boring with it being open for such a long time. They should open every hour or so.

Leveling, what do you mean by less strict leveling?

Can we get some new classes? I really think this is needed extremely bad.
1) hourly sounds fine. 2) "easier" leveling, ie - less time sink from current stance. 3) I'll see about adding some new classes and renaming, I think it'd be interesting to do.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
If it brings back an active player base with frequent world pvp then I'd love the server again, gl kainzo

IronAegis

Legacy Supporter 4
Looks like a great plan, if you need a creative thinker to help alleviate some of the server problems like more classes or new concepts please let me know

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo, I invite you to consider keeping Citadel as a PVE server, with entire map mob and livestock spawns, and as a resource map with y=20 and below being reset every month or so. This will let those of use who would rather PVE to keep building upon what we had already started, and do so in peace, without you having to create a whole new map.

Also (or alternatively), f you would consider, please do not end Citadel's era and reset the PVP map until that list of changes you have made are solid and fully play-tested. There is nothing that stops the momentum of a new map than bugs and faulty-functioning changes that an extra month of development could have handled (especially things that are inherent to the character and the group, e.g. Township, backpacks, cross-server item transfers, spell functioning).

With the new map, I invite you to implement back in:
Livestock spawns and random mob spawns (in addition to the dungeons);
More lively spell particles like it used to be;
More of a feel like it was back in Bastion; and
a commitment to having the new map for a minimum of a year...

and for the love of all things Minecraft, allow a town to be a town with block protection, and not just some target for TNT fodder.

Best of luck!

-yav

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Kainzo Have you ever thought of trying to develop is Herocraft game? Maybe slow down on the updates for the current server and start working on a full game. You would have much more freedom in what you wanted it to be and wouldn't be restricted to minecraft mechanics. Minecraft hasn't been growing at the rate it was in the past just due to the fact that it really isn't getting any kind of new content and there is only so much you can do with existing content so making an entirely new game would really be nice imo. Maybe you could get it onto steam or something also.

Just a thought :D

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm up for this, especially the leveling fix. Now I feel like I can jump into playing and actually enjoy leveling again. Is this reset going to be set up for 1.9 as well? I think there could be some cool new classes with 1.9's new added mechanics, and the server texture pack can support custom weapon textures for legendary weapons and things like that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo Have you ever thought of trying to develop is Herocraft game? Maybe slow down on the updates for the current server and start working on a full game. You would have much more freedom in what you wanted it to be and wouldn't be restricted to minecraft mechanics. Minecraft hasn't been growing at the rate it was in the past just due to the fact that it really isn't getting any kind of new content and there is only so much you can do with existing content so making an entirely new game would really be nice imo. Maybe you could get it onto steam or something also.

Just a thought :D
Yep, Herocraft is something I really want to do, just takes a lot of people and time to do it properly. The Dungeon Heroes MMORPG project will closely resemble what I want from an indie game so the documents/lore/graphics will be ported but the backbone will be on Unreal.
@Kainzo, I invite you to consider keeping Citadel as a PVE server, with entire map mob and livestock spawns, and as a resource map with y=20 and below being reset every month or so. This will let those of use who would rather PVE to keep building upon what we had already started, and do so in peace, without you having to create a whole new map.

Also (or alternatively), f you would consider, please do not end Citadel's era and reset the PVP map until that list of changes you have made are solid and fully play-tested. There is nothing that stops the momentum of a new map than bugs and faulty-functioning changes that an extra month of development could have handled (especially things that are inherent to the character and the group, e.g. Township, backpacks, cross-server item transfers, spell functioning).

With the new map, I invite you to implement back in:
Livestock spawns and random mob spawns (in addition to the dungeons);
More lively spell particles like it used to be;
More of a feel like it was back in Bastion; and
a commitment to having the new map for a minimum of a year...

and for the love of all things Minecraft, allow a town to be a town with block protection, and not just some target for TNT fodder.

Best of luck!

-yav
I read this and am considering things.
I'm up for this, especially the leveling fix. Now I feel like I can jump into playing and actually enjoy leveling again. Is this reset going to be set up for 1.9 as well? I think there could be some cool new classes with 1.9's new added mechanics, and the server texture pack can support custom weapon textures for legendary weapons and things like that.
It will be on 1.9+

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Yep, Herocraft is something I really want to do, just takes a lot of people and time to do it properly. The Dungeon Heroes MMORPG project will closely resemble what I want from an indie game so the documents/lore/graphics will be ported but the backbone will be on Unreal.

I read this and am considering things.

It will be on 1.9+
Excellent!

It won't we have tried too many times
The world is smaller with overworld dungeons, simplistic items (i.e. less difference between top and bottom tier gear), faster leveling, and conquest points (which I'm not entirely sure what they are, but they sound PvP-y). All of these things encourage PvP. All that's left is to attract active PvPers.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It won't we have tried too many times
Agreed with the above statements. Don't come back if you don't want to.

Several members have expressed their wanting to play. With the new Townships system, it'll lead to a much more encouraging game system that leads to better politics, better pvp and everything.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
The world is smaller with overworld dungeons, simplistic items (i.e. less difference between top and bottom tier gear), faster leveling, and conquest points (which I'm not entirely sure what they are, but they sound PvP-y). All of these things encourage PvP. All that's left is to attract active PvPers.
Harder than you think. Alot of the older players have grown up and moved on while others just gave up because recently the last couple maps have been a disappointment. I know SOME of the older players will try the new map, but now its whether this server cares about advertising and finding a way to keep the newer players around.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Harder than you think. Alot of the older players have grown up and moved on while others just gave up because recently the last couple maps have been a disappointment. I know SOME of the older players will try the new map, but now its whether this server cares about advertising and finding a way to keep the newer players around.
Seriously should do advertisement on mc server lists for atleast a week or two after the day of the launch... Worth the money

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3

-yav
K lets look back to what happened last time we split the server please.
Do you remember?
K good.