• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I wonder if we'll see any Kingdoms this time around..
I'm not sure that the server population will increase quick enough for new or old players to successfully develop a kingdom within 5-6 months, but I thinks it's possible in the reset after this upcoming one.

I think you should put dungeons (no-pvp area :D) and the survival map in the same world, so it's easier to meet people (and fight).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think you should put dungeons (no-pvp area :D) and the survival map in the same world, so it's easier to meet people (and fight).
And 3 people play on the server
Map wipe announced, 9 months into the map we still had 25-45 logging in on weekends. Though as I stated before, please don't troll.
The goal is to have dungeons back on the primary / main map. Integrated in a method that brings people together, where they fight over resources, leveling areas and land.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Some of the changes sound nice. I'll be back for the new map as usual but as always the question is for how long. Can never seem to get that fun from the early days back but I keep coming back anyway. Ah well, see ya guys there.

I guess I'll throw in my two cents.

IMO, dungeons separate and prevent pvp, and the old leveling where we all hung out in swamps was dank.
I think that system was better because it encouraged new players to actually reach out to higher levels - they needed protection

We're all thinking it: if you want to do "just pve" and feel "safe"... Take your butt elsewhere. HC is not the place

I like what kainzo said about the server being hardcore. That's what I loved about it, and the community has always been formed be people willing to fight through hardships and preserve long enough to get strong.
Being "nice" to new players isn't the solution. Nobody wants 9-year-old wusses to stay. If we cater to the weak, the community will reflect that. Kainzo do what you do best, make it tough

As for enchantments and OP gear..
That's some serious BS. Anything with above Prot 1 or sharpness 3 should be exceptionally rare, just like the old rare weapons that drop off mobs. This is NOT friggin World Of Warcraft. Nobody wants to have to spend days grinding for a set of gear just to have a chance in pvp. IMO in the new map you should be able to fight just fine in unenchanted gear, and anything more is lucky.

I don't like keep armor on death, give that as a bonus to players under level ten or something. If we can fight in crafted gear, losing it won't be a problem. Pvp isn't something you should have to prepare for.

I love HC for what it is, keep doing what you do best

-Ethan

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I like what kainzo said about the server being hardcore. That's what I loved about it, and the community has always been formed be people willing to fight through hardships and preserve long enough to get strong.
Being "nice" to new players isn't the solution. Nobody wants 9-year-old wusses to stay. If we cater to the weak, the community will reflect that. Kainzo do what you do best, make it tough
A couple of misconceptions here, can't just let them go past, sorry.

"Hardcore" does NOT mean unhelpful. It's doesn't mean troll or asshole behavior required.

"New player" does NOT mean weak. It doesn't mean wuss. It simply means inexperienced. And often also interested, invested, keen to learn - keen to be given a fair chance to get over the learning curve and into the play.

Also, btw, "experienced player" doesn't mean getting to have everything your own way and treat newer players as expendable. Well, I don't reckon it does. If it did, well, what happens as a result?

Last edited:
Jeez. Not saying assholery is required or that being rude contitutes the "hardcore " element of herocraft. Nobody likes being treated that way.
And I'm not the type to treat anyone like that

What I was trying to say is HC was always designed to attract those who like a challenge and don't mind dying a few times before they figure stuff out. I'm all in favor for lessening any advantages well estabolished players have, such as tiered gear.

However giving newer folks a place to hide and avoid pvp is not good. You then create a group of people who only knows how to run between safe zones.

New players should be encouraged to wander into the map, not a dungeon first thing. On the map they will die a few times, but more importantly they will come into contact with other players and pvp early in the game. You need allies and to connect with a town, not to spend hours grinding in PVE dungeons. This is how I was introduced to herocraft.

I think giving new players some advantages then taking them away as they learn and progress is a good idea.

Sorry for sounding like an asshole...

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Jeez. Not saying assholery is required or that being rude contitutes the "hardcore " element of herocraft. Nobody likes being treated that way.
And I'm not the type to treat anyone like that

What I was trying to say is HC was always designed to attract those who like a challenge and don't mind dying a few times before they figure stuff out. I'm all in favor for lessening any advantages well estabolished players have, such as tiered gear.

However giving newer folks a place to hide and avoid pvp is not good. You then create a group of people who only knows how to run between safe zones.

New players should be encouraged to wander into the map, not a dungeon first thing. On the map they will die a few times, but more importantly they will come into contact with other players and pvp early in the game. You need allies and to connect with a town, not to spend hours grinding in PVE dungeons. This is how I was introduced to herocraft.

I think giving new players some advantages then taking them away as they learn and progress is a good idea.

Sorry for sounding like an asshole...
Thanks for listening to what I had to say and continuing to contribute suggestions, @ethanburger , appreciated. :) (no "like" buttons in this thread, so just wanted to say that.)

MAGYAR12

Glowstone
Serious respect for noticing some of the issues the last few maps have had and things that drove players away. It seems like this could be Herocraft born again ^_^ Good on ya @Kainzo keep up the great work <3

So like, will there be ANY PvE locations for towns and leveling? I like PvP as much as the next guy, but I grew to love the way Valorium (I think that was the map name) was handled more than the soon-to-be previous map.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
So like, will there be ANY PvE locations for towns and leveling? I like PvP as much as the next guy, but I grew to love the way Valorium (I think that was the map name) was handled more than the soon-to-be previous map.
I don't think it's a good idea to get PvE safe zones. I was also a part of Valorium, and I honestly found war to add a very interesting risk mechanic to leveling. I think personally that all PvP on might actually reduce the chances of PvP in your area, unlike during war in Valorium. Reason being that during war in Valorium people would rush into the northern continent and kill people you were leveling. In Valorium gear was also expensive as fuck (fucking leather monopoly.). This new map gear won't be all that pricey, so you can easily buy a new set of armor and get back to leveling. If you're feeling that leveling might be too dicey bring a friend or two, they can be a huge help in a fight, and also a deterrent.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I left because of the grind. It was too much. I've always felt mastering a class took way too much time. Make lvling faster so that players have the means to defend themselves when pvp happens. You dont need a long leveling experience to create longevity. I understand it was probably like that to encourage boosts, but i feel that it worked against player retention. Consider more creative ways to make money. Something like increasing the cost to switch classes, and offer a 5 dollar "free" class change. Keep shop prices cheap and you will get more of them.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I left because of the grind. It was too much. I've always felt mastering a class took way too much time. Make lvling faster so that players have the means to defend themselves when pvp happens. You dont need a long leveling experience to create longevity. I understand it was probably like that to encourage boosts, but i feel that it worked against player retention. Consider more creative ways to make money. Something like increasing the cost to switch classes, and offer a 5 dollar "free" class change. Keep shop prices cheap and you will get more of them.
bby come back

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're addressing these things. Thanks for the class change idea too!