• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 8.0 - War of Souls - Complete Reset! 09/04/15

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
I was under the impression that the town system would be re-implemented at a later date? Is this the case or is the Grief Prevention plugin the extent of the new towns?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
UGh, the pve side is what attracted me to the server in the first place. I really hope you rethink this idea. I have neither the system to pvp (my computer lags like its having a seizure) nor the inclination to improve my system when I chose a server to fit what I am available to play and now suddenly it wants to go all pvp.
You will be fine i assure you. Join a town and they will protect you and your stuff. Save for lwcs and dont carry your whole stash of belongings at one time. All pvp is fun, you just have to get used to it.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I was under the impression that the town system would be re-implemented at a later date? Is this the case or is the Grief Prevention plugin the extent of the new towns?
My understanding is that Grief Prevention is what we have for the forseeable future.

There is a Townships 4.0 in planning, but I suspect there is no time frame on its completion yet.

Thiseus

Gold
You will be fine i assure you. Join a town and they will protect you and your stuff. Save for lwcs and dont carry your whole stash of belongings at one time. All pvp is fun, you just have to get used to it.

Pvp is rarely ever fun. For me. I'm a coop person. Always have been, likely always will be. Also nothing is ever fun when its 15-20 fps.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Pvp is rarely ever fun. For me. I'm a coop person. Always have been, likely always will be. Also nothing is ever fun when its 15-20 fps.
Helping a town goes beyond pvp ability. Low fps means nothing if you build traps that keep pvpers at bay. Gathering resources helps the town build defences. There are plenty of opportunities for a non pvper

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
As an Australian living at the end of a bush track, my connection is dreadful :D

Helping a town goes beyond pvp ability. Low fps means nothing if you build traps that keep pvpers at bay. Gathering resources helps the town build defences. There are plenty of opportunities for a non pvper
Yes to all of this in my experience.

Grandsteal

Stone
Greetings Heroes!
@Admins @Heralds

On September 4th at 6pm CST (if all goes as planned) we will be releasing a new network! This includes a complete wipe all of all Heroes levels, classes, items, currency and map-data. This is a chance for something great, a chance for us to re-invent the way the world sees Minecraft RPG and push new systems! We will be approaching things a little different on this new start and want to re-introduce you to what it means to be playing Hardcore Minecraft Survival RPG.

New Network:
We're connecting all servers through a single hub that will have advanced tracking of players and allow for easy swapping between servers. (Survival | Adventure (2016) | Factions (Dec 2015) and Minigames (Dec 2015) | and more) We will be moving to new hardware for the server around September 10th and will have scheduled downtime for all services related to Herocraft.

Map/Data Reset:
Valorium is having it's terrain and structures reset to Day 0. This means we'll be renaming the map, redoing the infrastructure and spawns and letting players experience a new era of Herocraft! Everything is being reset except for SUPPORT PERKS and some store items.

Legendary Classes:
Going along with the new lore-framework for Herocraft we've released the soul enlightened. The Soul Enlightened players will be able to choose between Order and Chaos. These paths have higher skill-caps and allow players to customize their own attributes per-level. To become Soul Enlightened, a player must master 6 random classes. To help players through this difficult and long journey, they can use knowledge crystals and soul tomes.

New Skill Mechanics:
With the legendary class system introduced and constantly evolving, we are introducing new skill mechanics to Herocraft, including; beams, timewarps, sphere effects, block-throws, spikes and more! These new skills will be attached to the Tier 2 classes of Herocraft after being tested under the legendary path.

Minions, Bosses and Dungeons:
We've introduced these new solo to group-level bosses to Herocraft, they drop great gear for players to adventure with. They are constantly being tweaked and is a staple for the RPG systems we have on Herocraft. There are currently 8 bosses in the game with over 30 to be fully implemented.

Player vs Player:
The entire survival server will be PVP everywhere, save for a few dungeons, spawn and graveyards. With this change, we have changed the system back to the ELO ranking, which dissuades players from camping newbies what give little to no ELO. Players will also drop all of their gear into a death-chest upon death, allowing for a possibility to get it back. We have also reduced the number of Conquest points found on the map from 5 to 3.

Quality of Life Changes:
The relic system has been completely overhauled and is now easier to manage and trade with others for the proper relics required to create a codex. The soul fragment currency now better explains to players on where to exchange the items for currency or gives them a choice of immediately consuming the soul fragments for both combat and profession experience.

New Protection Systems:
We're retiring the current Townships plugin in favor for a more simplistic feature-rich system with GriefPrevention. The staff has reworked this plugin to allow for massive expansion to contain Township-like features. When Township 4.0 is tested, it will replace the town-portion of this system. With such, some rules, such as griefing has been changed, giving players more p
TLDR = Complete reset happening 09/04/15 (Seyton's bday) on ev
I think that really cool :D and it would be fun starting over.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
outside of that claim however, the current greifing rules, apply correct?

Per Kainzo's note, grief will be allowed anywhere outside of GP claims.
Voting wont reset right?
Don't think so, no.
This may be a weird question... but will you be able to place sub regions within a personal region?
And will the "can't place below 60y" thing apply to personal regions?
I'm still unsure as to how sieges will work, but would a personal region that has one or two people living in it have any chance at all if a town decides to attack it relentlessly?

Personal regions are handled the same way as towns. There is a 1 hour CD after being sieged.
Will crate items earned such as titles, trails, and pets be reset as well?

Much excite for this but horrible time for my computer to be fucked up ;_;

You should keep those.

Once it is ready, yes it will return.

Grandsteal

Stone
But wait idk if it use to be a different server or this one but I remember that when you get to lvl 30-60 u would be able to chose a T2 class. I use to be a wizer and I got to lvl 60 and choose a elemental wizer I think it's called and it had a skill called arcan sheild that Notting can shoot through it and only your friends/party/towny can get in. I doubt know what server it was it was like2 years ago and I miss the old times with sulten

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
outside of that claim however, the current greifing rules, apply correct?
Per Kainzo's note, grief will be allowed anywhere outside of GP claims.

This right here is gonna end up being whole threads in a week if not further clarified.

The GP plugin is a terrific resource, both for the player and the server as it reduces staff workload.
Theoretically management wouldn't be needed because grief wouldn't be possible.

However, there are reasons certain restrictions would be needed. It is essentially a non doner personal region. We can't have one guy blocking off half of the map, or people claiming land with nothing being built on it, or the confusion 500 individual claims per person sprinkled about would create. As well as donators being miffed personal regions they donated to get seeming to not be special any more.

To combat some of those things, size limits and number of claims would be limited.

Then you have two options that I can think of:

1. Normal rules applying outside of claimed areas. The con is that staff still would have to work petitions, albeit at a reduced frequency as claimed areas wouldn't require it.

Or

2. Griefing being allowed. Let's say that I build a house in the wilderness and claim it with GP. Then one day I get bored and build a pretty lighthouse nearby or a farm that exceeds my claim area (as size has not yet been defined I'm assuming here). I log off for the night and come back to half the lighthouse being destroyed and cobble penises all over. If this was "allowed" you can see how that might go downhill quickly. Both with player happiness and the beauty of the server. I've joined many a server, walked outside spawn and saw a very griefed ugly landscape full of buildings with holes and pillars outside and just left and never came back.

Seeing how seriously these things have been taken in the past, with warnings, and even bans being issued I have faith this won't be the case, or some other solution is in the works.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
My only question(s);

As it is a new map, will we be keeping the "soul" form of currency that is currently in place or will we be reverting to another form? (Gold bars, coins ect). Another question is how easily obtainable will this currency be, just like the current one or a lot more obtainable? Just wondering as the potential costs for an embassy has a rental upkeep of "1000c" per week which seems steep when comparing to the current system.

Thanks in advance.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7

I get 15-20 fps on a regular basis running MC on my school loaned laptop with dumbed down settings... I PvP just as good as anyone (if not better than most) on this server. If it's not fun for you then that's one thing but 15-20 fps is basically what I live on with my setup and it's never been a real issue. There will be ample protection for you though if you do want to avoid PvP. It was just too easy to avoid it on Valorium. It led to a longing for the old raids from previous maps and PvP encounters... which on this map became hunting down new players until they didn't want to play anymore.

On previous maps when the entire server outside of spawn was PvP (from when I played, Zeal, Dragongarde and Bastion) it wasn't a difficult thing to stay within your town limits away from people trying to attack you so long as you had a supportive town that actively protected their citizens with walls, ceilings, players that were willing to defend, etc. PvE will always be a big part of Herocraft but in my opinion it was over the top for this particular map.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
:D yay more 20fps PVP for me! Lothair pls don't make your town crash me again :(

@BeasttRecon LO/AD is forming again too! Looks like a nice set up for lots of pvpvps maybe get some nice 10v10s like the start of this map.
Maybe I can get someone jup's friends to play this map

@Thiseus have you tried allocating more ram? I do know how it is playing on a PC that isn't amazing, my first PC would crash if someone shot a bonespear inside my town lol but 20 fps is still playable