• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 8.0 - War of Souls - Complete Reset! 09/04/15

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So one thing in particular I am noting is that you wont be able to have layers of buildings (aka subregions?) For instance, you wont be able to have buildings on top of one another?

Also, in order to start up a town you will have to purchase an Embassy Plot as well as a town tier? Are we required to have an Embassy Plot?

If so, then that means for the lowest tier we will have a combined weekly tax of 1200c? Is this correct?

• Unfortunately, sub regions do extend up to sky limit so creating these regions will require the planning of the owner. Haven't tested if it extends down as well, I'll check on this.
  • Embassy Plot MUST be purchased, meaning; 1000 for the plot, 2000 for the Tier, and at minimum 200 for your first tax = 3200.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
My apologies of this question has been asked and answered above and I've overlooked it.

With this new system of towns will trade be possible? That's a hefty tax, it will be extremely hard to keep up without the system of trade. At least based of the current economy, unless coins are worth less then the old souls system.

Embassy Plots will allow for towns to have chest shops. Other than that, we're back to the grind on mining/farming.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
As with every map that's had a new township management system, there will be new challenges to face - and that's the fun of it!

This is my understanding of townships so far (@TimForReal @barbas0l please correct me):

• Plugin is called Grief Prevention
  • Towns will be square/rectangular on the horizontal plane - however you draw them with your wand to encompass the number of blocks you're allocated for the tier size (and select them carefully as they won't be moved for you)
  • Tier sizes are still under discussion
  • Intent is for Tier 1 to be small and cheap and achievable by a small group of people - encompassing 2500 blocks
  • No minimum citizen requirement or max membership for the tiers
  • Towns will extend from 30 below the claim level up to sky limit, with 60 being the lowest level at which you can make your claim. This means that the lowest regioned blocks in a town can be y=30 or higher depending on whether the claim is done at y=60 or higher. *Subject to change.
  • There will be an Owner/Mayor and members. Owner has complete control and ownership of town.
  • An SiC must be identified as the player who will take over the town if the owner goes inactive. This probably means towns will be required to have a forums thread to identify the SiC.
  • Owner can create unlimited subregions within towns - it seems these subregions also extend the height of the town so they can only be arranged on the horizontal plane.
  • Town creation is by purchasing an Embassy plot at spawn. Here you can purchase your town tiers (via a PhatLoot chest that grants you your build perms) and pay your weekly rent (via the same system as is used for renting Trade District shop plots). Also you can build to advertise your town and set up shops to earn income for your town.
  • Initially there will be 28 Embassy spawn plots, ie a town cap to start with.
  • No town banks. It appears all financial management will be done via the Mayor's personal bank.
  • Towns - and personal regions which will be managed by the same plugin - will be siegable.
  • Starting a siege will require one or more town members to be online - possibly necessarily including the owner (yet to be tested). A successful siege will mean certain defined building blocks will become breakable, potentially giving raiders access to parts of your town for a time period, depending on your build.
  • Damage done during sieges will not be considered grief.
  • Mechanisms in towns will be accessible to raiders at all times (not just during siege) - ie doors, chests, levers, buttons, lifts etc.

I repeat, this is my understanding so far - some things might change, and I may be mistaken in some places.

NOTE: I've updated this post to incorporate Tim's corrections and clarifications to post #22.

I've updated this post to incorporate Tim's corrections and clarifications to post #22.

I'll also be throwing it in the wiki soon as a starting point for the Towns guide page.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
"We are considering enabling a BuyClaim feature that will allow players to pay to increase their limits,"

I know some of these things are still being tested, but I am really interested on if you have an idea of

sizes of claims,
number of claims,
the cost to increase, and any max of that

and most importantly, if an area is built outside of GP claim and then modified by another player, how is that handled

I know the idea with GP is to reduce "greifing" but I can think of situations where complications could arise

For example

Outside of our current town we have pretty little road and some bridges that leads to the nearest dungeon, alongside the road are some lamp posts and such as well, it goes a hundred or so blocks

Would claim sizes be sufficient to protect something like this?

And if the claim were not large enough to cover it, and it were to be destroyed with malicious intent, what is the recourse?

This scenario could play out with peoples farms, larger structures etc

I like the idea that claim size would grow with time, and we can't just have people claiming vast tracts of land

the current system is such that if you were to build something, and it wasn't within 100 of a town, regardless of size (within reason), it is protected from grief, not automatically, but via the /pe system and server rules

DawnMurder

Stone
Greetings Heroes!
@Admins @Heralds

On September 4th at 6pm CST (if all goes as planned) we will be releasing a new network! This includes a complete wipe all of all Heroes levels, classes, items, currency and map-data. This is a chance for something great, a chance for us to re-invent the way the world sees Minecraft RPG and push new systems! We will be approaching things a little different on this new start and want to re-introduce you to what it means to be playing Hardcore Minecraft Survival RPG.

New Network:
We're connecting all servers through a single hub that will have advanced tracking of players and allow for easy swapping between servers. (Survival | Adventure (2016) | Factions (Dec 2015) and Minigames (Dec 2015) | and more) We will be moving to new hardware for the server around September 10th and will have scheduled downtime for all services related to Herocraft.

Map/Data Reset:
Valorium is having it's terrain and structures reset to Day 0. This means we'll be renaming the map, redoing the infrastructure and spawns and letting players experience a new era of Herocraft! Everything is being reset except for SUPPORT PERKS and some store items.

Legendary Classes:
Going along with the new lore-framework for Herocraft we've released the soul enlightened. The Soul Enlightened players will be able to choose between Order and Chaos. These paths have higher skill-caps and allow players to customize their own attributes per-level. To become Soul Enlightened, a player must master 6 random classes. To help players through this difficult and long journey, they can use knowledge crystals and soul tomes.

New Skill Mechanics:
With the legendary class system introduced and constantly evolving, we are introducing new skill mechanics to Herocraft, including; beams, timewarps, sphere effects, block-throws, spikes and more! These new skills will be attached to the Tier 2 classes of Herocraft after being tested under the legendary path.

Minions, Bosses and Dungeons:
We've introduced these new solo to group-level bosses to Herocraft, they drop great gear for players to adventure with. They are constantly being tweaked and is a staple for the RPG systems we have on Herocraft. There are currently 8 bosses in the game with over 30 to be fully implemented.

Player vs Player:
The entire survival server will be PVP everywhere, save for a few dungeons, spawn and graveyards. With this change, we have changed the system back to the ELO ranking, which dissuades players from camping newbies what give little to no ELO. Players will also drop all of their gear into a death-chest upon death, allowing for a possibility to get it back. We have also reduced the number of Conquest points found on the map from 5 to 3.

Quality of Life Changes:
The relic system has been completely overhauled and is now easier to manage and trade with others for the proper relics required to create a codex. The soul fragment currency now better explains to players on where to exchange the items for currency or gives them a choice of immediately consuming the soul fragments for both combat and profession experience.

New Protection Systems:
We're retiring the current Townships plugin in favor for a more simplistic feature-rich system with GriefPrevention. The staff has reworked this plugin to allow for massive expansion to contain Township-like features. When Township 4.0 is tested, it will replace the town-portion of this system. With such, some rules, such as griefing has been changed, giving players more power to claim abandoned structures and manage griefed areas. Supporters get larger automatic protection areas but every user on Herocraft has a base protection size.

Battling Map Decline:
We're aware that maps get stale, our goal is to fill a calendar up with the Event Team and ensure that there are monthly and weekly events to look forward to! Starting a month after release (around Oct 4th - we will be releasing the first resource map and expand is every 30 days by 500R) In addition to the expansions, we have scheduled PVP tournaments (2v2, 3v3 and 5v5's) for players to complete with each other for prizes, fame and glory!

TLDR = Complete reset happening 09/04/15 (Seyton's bday) on everything except supporter perks.
New map name is yet to be revealed.

View attachment 10653
umm 6CST is when it releases new map, but when does the event start, the all out chaotic war

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Embassy plots will function as an in-game reference point for tow
Here are my working notes, subject to changes:

PvP
  • PvE Starter Zones - Surrounding the Port Cities. 500r from Port Cities. Affected by War.
  • Conquest Points - Three on the map (N,C,S). Rewards: 1 "Heroic Jewel" per win.
  • Arenas - Would be good to implement later on, or relegate to a minigame server.
  • /hunt - Expand chest hunting map-wide.
Sieging
  • Any GP region can be sieged. Read about how it works on the GP website. Will need to configure which blocks shall be siegable. I'm thinking the default blocks minus glass, with griefing rules applying to siegers.
  • GP will not be used to protect chests, switches, plates, etc.

Central Hub (Capital)
  • Starting Point - New players spawn here after going through the tutorial or entering from the Hub.
  • Design: Bastion Spawn - Update with new block types.
  • Trade District - Bastion Spawn accommodates trade already.
  • Embassy District - Rent-able plots required for townships, on Lowest Tier of spawn.
  • Herogates Hub: Bastion has a Nexus already.
  • Noble Districts - At Port Cities. (Not at the start.)
  • Rentable Inn rooms - at Port Cities.

Embassy plots will function as an in-game reference point for towns and players. I'm really excited about having an in-game location for players to view active townships. Embassies can even have donation boxes that could function as an in-game recruitment system.

This township revamp was focused on a few different goals:
  1. Create an in-game system that handles township creation, protections, and taxes. (Guest perms are back!)
  2. Provide increased PvP incentives while protecting new and offline players. (No more raid-proof townships, and ELO)
  3. More intuitive system for ease of use. (Purchase Embassy -> Place Region -> Keep up with taxes.)
  4. Make townships more enjoyable for : New Players, Veteran Players (Raiders and Builders, and Staff.
No system is perfect, but this system comes with a ton of configurable settings. We can always make changes/tweaks to balance out things as problems arise. We won't be using ALL of the GriefPrevention plugin, but it will be used to manage township regions/subregions. From a player's perspective I'm really excited to be able to be involved, and to see it in action.

One thing to note:
Port Cities will be PvE Starter Zones - Our way of creating areas for new players to get their feet wet with Herocraft and Heroes.
Rentable Inn Rooms: We will have small rooms available for rent in the inns at port cities. These are small room with 1 chest available to players for rental. Players upon renting the rooms will only have access to the door and single chest inside. Our hope was to provide new and solo players a temporary alternative to townships. This will give new players a chance to protect a few of their items while they are searching for a town to join. The cost of rooms in inns is TBD, but it will be expensive compared to joining a town. The higher cost will drive players towards joining a town.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
This may be a weird question... but will you be able to place sub regions within a personal region?
And will the "can't place below 60y" thing apply to personal regions?
I'm still unsure as to how sieges will work, but would a personal region that has one or two people living in it have any chance at all if a town decides to attack it relentlessly?

This makes me super excited. I just rediscovered herocraft after being gone for over a year. I was looking forward to getting back into it. Now I can be on the same level as everyone else starting from the beginning. Can't wait.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I'm not sure if we've decided how personal regions will be handled tbh. They could be handled by GP, or by WorldGuard @Nashah We've used WG in the past, and this would limit them to cuboids as well.

spiralz

Obsidian
Will crate items earned such as titles, trails, and pets be reset as well?

Much excite for this but horrible time for my computer to be fucked up ;_;

Thiseus

Gold
UGh, the pve side is what attracted me to the server in the first place. I really hope you rethink this idea. I have neither the system to pvp (my computer lags like its having a seizure) nor the inclination to improve my system when I chose a server to fit what I am available to play and now suddenly it wants to go all pvp.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
UGh, the pve side is what attracted me to the server in the first place. I really hope you rethink this idea. I have neither the system to pvp (my computer lags like its having a seizure) nor the inclination to improve my system when I chose a server to fit what I am available to play and now suddenly it wants to go all pvp.
@Thiseus, I can see how it looks like it is suddenly going to PvP as you have only joined the server fairly recently. Be assured, this direction has been discussed over an extended period of time and the movement back toward all pvp, as it was on earlier maps, has broad support in the community.

All I can say is that I'm not a PvPer - I won't even get one combat class mastered until someone drags me out to do it - and I also support the return to PvP. It's just more exciting. Certainly it is best survived by being in a strong town group, likely with PvPers.