• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
This would imply that:

• Humans have existed since the beginning of life (Hundreds of Million of years), as we couldn't possibly evolve from any other mammal.
  • Homo Sapiens is the only human race ever to exist.
  • Species can not mutate and adapt into new enviroments genetically (Polar Bears don't exist by that theory)
  • A geological time period called The Flood?
  • That it never rained ''Pre-Flood'' (Again, wtf is The Flood)
  • That humans lived before the flood, even though it never rained. (You can explain how the hell humans and animals in general survived without new sources of fresh water, I assume)
  • That the non-existant Pre-Sapiens Homo Species (Neandertalis, Erectus etc.) were just many million year old people from the bible, buried in caves.
  • That human civilization has existed since the beginning and thus the first cities and towns are billions of years old.

And that is why you believe the universe has one sole creator; The Abrahamic God. God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Ok, I can no longer take you serious.
The amount of ignorance in this post is astounding, good to know that your knowledge of these faiths extent to what the internetz has told you or some other basic information from a quick chapter in school.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The amount of ignorance in this post is astounding, good to know that your knowledge of these faiths extent to what the internetz has told you or some other basic information from a quick chapter in school.
I was referring to his post, what I listed was a simplified version of what he said. He denied evolution, denied other human species, denied that humans ever used caves for shelter. That is quite silly with all the scientific proof we have today of these things.

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
Hey, been inactive so I'm just checking up on my thread.

To answer your question, God didn't make everything in his image, just man. And disease, death, and other painful things were not in God's perfect plan, but instead entered into the world with sin when Adam ate the fruit of the tree God had forbidden him to eat.

Hope that helped a little, if you have anything else you were wondering about or want more detail on the answer I gave just ask.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
As you described people just throwing their religion at you and saying I hope you believe it. In Christianity, it's more of planting seeds of the Gospel and leaving the rest up to God. Praying and hoping that God works in your heart.

Also science does not disprove God, but it will never 100% prove him either. Science points to God and creation, and leaves the rest up to faith in Jesus Christ as your savior.

Hope this helped!

How on earth does Science point to Christianity being correct?

Science goes completely off track to the stories that the Bible calls fact. Hell the most known and most widely believed theory of Evolution contradicts the entire principle of creationism. The Bible states God created Humans, as humans, that's it. Evolution claims we evolved from organic compounds over 4000 million years ago.

Now in what made up land does that point to creationism?

"Science points to creationism" that seems to be just random bit of a fairy tail you just blurted out. Now Science so far cannot trace back to the beginning of time, perhaps we never will. But what makes that a completely different from religion is that they do not back some cope out and claim that some invisible force that works in the clouds is responsible for it.

Christianity is by far one of the religions that I despise the most. Not because of the people, your basic principles of morality or just the plain fact that you are a religion, but because it has so many contradictions my brain feels like it is bleeding. Now if I am not mistaken God represents good and the Devil bad. Then why on earth has God killed millions while the Devil has killed about 10 people. Is it not one of the commandants, thou shall not kill? Why is it that God can live in Heaven after killing millions while a man would be condemned to Hell?

God has done some pretty nasty things, he sent bears to maul and kill 42 youths for mocking a follower of God. Now they were saying some nasty things to be fair, including mocking the man's dead friend and telling him he should join him. But, if I went up and mocked a priest in the same way would it be fair to send a bear to maul and kill me?

I personally do not see how Christians,or Catholics could worship God. He is not good, in fact it would make more sense to worship the Devil. After all if we measure the atrocities committed by God in contrast to the Devil, it seems like going below seems like the logical move. I'm sure I would get used to the pain of being constantly tortured after a few millions of years, maybe I'd get torturee of the millennium. I wonder if I would get my own private oven to burn in.

(Again harshness, point across, etc.)

Weikauno

Coder
This would imply that:

• Humans have existed since the beginning of life (Hundreds of Million of years), as we couldn't possibly evolve from any other mammal.
  • Homo Sapiens is the only human race ever to exist.
  • Species can not mutate and adapt into new enviroments genetically (Polar Bears don't exist by that theory)
  • A geological time period called The Flood?
  • That it never rained ''Pre-Flood'' (Again, wtf is The Flood)
  • That humans lived before the flood, even though it never rained. (You can explain how the hell humans and animals in general survived without new sources of fresh water, I assume)
  • That the non-existant Pre-Sapiens Homo Species (Neandertalis, Erectus etc.) were just many million year old people from the bible, buried in caves.
  • That human civilization has existed since the beginning and thus the first cities and towns are billions of years old.

And that is why you believe the universe has one sole creator; The Abrahamic God. God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Ok, I can no longer take you serious.
1.) The tools used by scientists to determine age of something is broken. By this I mean you can take a fresh piece of paper and put it through certain conditions and with the scientists dating tech it will turn up as billions of years old, so we have absolutely no evidence for life to exist for millions of years.(All the information I have given in this thread about science came from credited scientists who worked their whole life stuying this stuff, so you have no say over if I am crazy, @Sanogono because my science is just as much creditable as yours. :) )
2.)yes.
3.)I don't know about the polar bears, I haven't done much research about how animals got where they are, but I can say animals don't have "useless" parts as evolution suggests.(lots of research done to prove this, by scientists who had the goal of finding out the truth) for example evolutionists said eyelashes, our spine tail and other parts of the human body were deemed "useless" and other scientists found many uses for those parts that would horribly afflict the human race if they weren't there.
4.)It never rained, I said it was always constantly misting, that means you get fresh water constantly.
5-6.)back to #1.

edit:So unless science finds a better way of dating things, you are just as crazy as me.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
1.) The tools used by scientists to determine age of something is broken. By this I mean you can take a fresh piece of paper and put it through certain conditions and with the scientists dating tech it will turn up as billions of years old, so we have absolutely no evidence for life to exist for millions of years.

Just fyi, The "tool" most scientists use to determine age of former living stuff is called the C14 method (Carbon 14 method).
They measure how much of a specific type of carbon it's left in the material, this can say something about the age, because "Carbon 14" withers with time. This method is far from broken, it's actually pretty accurate.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
1.) The tools used by scientists to determine age of something is broken. By this I mean you can take a fresh piece of paper and put it through certain conditions and with the scientists dating tech it will turn up as billions of years old, so we have absolutely no evidence for life to exist for millions of years.(All the information I have given in this thread about science came from credited scientists who worked their whole life stuying this stuff, so you have no say over if I am crazy, @Sanogono because my science is just as much creditable as yours. :) )
2.)yes.
3.)I don't know about the polar bears, I haven't done much research about how animals got where they are, but I can say animals don't have "useless" parts as evolution suggests.(lots of research done to prove this, by scientists who had the goal of finding out the truth) for example evolutionists said eyelashes, our spine tail and other parts of the human body were deemed "useless" and other scientists found many uses for those parts that would horribly afflict the human race if they weren't there.
4.)It never rained, I said it was always constantly misting, that means you get fresh water constantly.
5-6.)back to #1.

edit:So unless science finds a better way of dating things, you are just as crazy as me.
Since you have decided that the calculations of the scientists is wrong, how old is the human race and earth then?

Weikauno

Coder
Since you have decided that the calculations of the scientists is wrong, how old is the human race and earth then?
hmmph, how would I know? I just said the only dating method is broken. @EvilThor Yes it is, I discussed this with a scientist friend of mine and he knows what he's talking about. He mentioned that weathering and the effect of water on an object changes the amount of that C14 drastically, and there are so many other factors that contribute to change in the amount of C14 in an object that that method is not feasible for calling the data collected by it correct.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
hmmph, how would I know? I just said the only dating method is broken. @EvilThor Yes it is, I discussed this with a scientist friend of mine and he knows what he's talking about. He mentioned that weathering and the effect of water on an object changes the amount of that C14 drastically, and there are so many other factors that contribute to change in the amount of C14 in an object that that method is not feasible for calling the data collected by it correct.
It is a lot more complicated than that, since the accuracy of Radiocarbon Dating is affected by both a multitude of atmospheric conditions as well as human contamination(like all the nuclear testing... mmmhh). Some of it can be determined for better accuracy and some of it not so much. It also depends on the number of samples they can obtain for better accuracy.
No person or people on earth can accurately answer that EtKEnn. All we have are the best of scientific theorem and those with religious faith to try to explain things like that. Trying to say that we Humans have been around for 8,000 years or 200,000 years is the same as saying we have been around 4 billion years-- we just could not know. Human beings have a need for expanding our knowledge, it improves our ability to survive as a species. It gives us a sense of satisfaction to feel like we know something more than we did before. We have progressed to a point where we do not need knowledge to survive so much to survive anymore though as to satisfy our curiosity, so it brings about questions like "how long has our species existed?". As I said though we can not really answer that question; Sadly though the only thing we can know for absolute certainty is that we really know nothing.

Last edited:

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it's cool you mentioned water affecting carbon dating. The flood could have changed the C14, everything being underwater seems like it would.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
How on earth does Science point to Christianity being correct?

Science goes completely off track to the stories that the Bible calls fact. Hell the most known and most widely believed theory of Evolution contradicts the entire principle of creationism. The Bible states God created Humans, as humans, that's it. Evolution claims we evolved from organic compounds over 4000 million years ago.

Now in what made up land does that point to creationism?

"Science points to creationism" that seems to be just random bit of a fairy tail you just blurted out. Now Science so far cannot trace back to the beginning of time, perhaps we never will. But what makes that a completely different from religion is that they do not back some cope out and claim that some invisible force that works in the clouds is responsible for it.

Christianity is by far one of the religions that I despise the most. Not because of the people, your basic principles of morality or just the plain fact that you are a religion, but because it has so many contradictions my brain feels like it is bleeding. Now if I am not mistaken God represents good and the Devil bad. Then why on earth has God killed millions while the Devil has killed about 10 people. Is it not one of the commandants, thou shall not kill? Why is it that God can live in Heaven after killing millions while a man would be condemned to Hell?

God has done some pretty nasty things, he sent bears to maul and kill 42 youths for mocking a follower of God. Now they were saying some nasty things to be fair, including mocking the man's dead friend and telling him he should join him. But, if I went up and mocked a priest in the same way would it be fair to send a bear to maul and kill me?

I personally do not see how Christians,or Catholics could worship God. He is not good, in fact it would make more sense to worship the Devil. After all if we measure the atrocities committed by God in contrast to the Devil, it seems like going below seems like the logical move. I'm sure I would get used to the pain of being constantly tortured after a few millions of years, maybe I'd get torturee of the millennium. I wonder if I would get my own private oven to burn in.

(Again harshness, point across, etc.)
First of all, evolution was disproven 100 years ago, it breaks down on it's smallest level with the flagella and is filled with plenty of other holes. Scientist choose to believe in evolution because they won't accept creationtism which is the only other option, some even openly admit this.With creationtism, being the only option that could be possible, points to a creator. When I look at the things of nature it supports my faith, seeing its wonders, beauties and marvels makes me know how great and powerful my God is.

I believe in a relativly young Earth(just throwing this out there since you mentioned 4000 million years old).

Killing in cold blood and killing with purpose is different. God once sent the Israelites to kill a nation and told them to leave no man, woman, child, or even animal alive. God was bringing early judgement upon this sinful nation. The penalty for sin is death and God, being a holy and just God, must enforce this, unless you choose to accept his forgivness and are covered by the blood of his son, Jesus Christ. Men don't have the right to judge and punish others for their sins, being sinful themselves, only God sits that high in his holyness and perfection. God is a God of love and forgivness but also of wraith.

In Hell the fires burn many times worst than those of Earth and no one will ever get used to it.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Animals are not spiritual beings and would have died. The Human body began to wither when sin entered the world, this I believe is why humans today use only around 10% of their brain, because it withered when sin entered.

God also gave mankind choice though. If they were forced to worhsip God it wouldn't be choice and it wouldn't really be love. It wanted them to be able to choose him over anything and everything. To be able to choose man must have a choice and thats where the tree of knowledge of good and evil comes in. It gave man the choice to obey or disobey God. Man disobeyed his one rule.

Last edited:

Weikauno

Coder
First of all, evolution was disproven 100 years ago, it breaks down on it's smallest level with the flagella and is filled with plenty of other holes. Scientist choose to believe in evolution because they won't accept creationtism which is the only other option, some even openly admit this.With creationtism, being the only option that could be possible, points to a creator. When I look at the things of nature it supports my faith, seeing its wonders, beauties and marvels makes me know how great and powerful my God is.

I believe in a relativly young Earth(just throwing this out there since you mentioned 4000 million years old).

Killing in cold blood and killing with purpose is different. God once sent the Israelites to kill a nation and told them to leave no man, woman, child, or even animal alive. God was bringing early judgement upon this sinful nation. The penalty for sin is death and God, being a holy and just God, must enforce this, unless you choose to accept his forgivness and are covered by the blood of his son, Jesus Christ. Men don't have the right to judge and punish others for their sins, being sinful themselves, only God sits that high in his holyness and perfection. God is a God of love and forgivness but also of wraith.

In Hell the fires burn many times worst than those of Earth and no one will ever get used to it.
I agree with all this, but about that last part, I have another outlook on that.... I believe that no one goes to hell or heaven when they die, according to both Christ's mention of people being "asleep"(1 Thessalonians 3:13-8), and studies have shown that many times "hell" is used in the bible as a word that really means "ground". And, his prophecy about the resurrection(i.e. this passage in Acts, said by Paul: "To this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great . . . that the Christ [the Messiah] would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead"(Acts 26:22-23). , and this verse right here: John 3:13. I believe in a more merciful God than one that tortures people for eternity because of their mistakes.

Jackrox256

Obsidian

I am by far well informed about Evolution so I will choose to stay on the fence on that matter.

But do you not find it odd how God sets all these rules for us and then decides he can bypass it with the excuse, "I am God."?

It is repugnant and disgusting that despite knowing all these things you choose to believe he is perfect and chose to create imperfection. If there were a God in theory why would you wish to follow such a being? I am genuinely curious as to why, despite all the horror he has created that you choose to believe he is right.

God, if he does exist, is unworthy of worship. All he seems to have done is create beings simply to rule over them as a tyrant. Directly or indirectly, according to the Bible itself, he has caused millions of deaths. That is no matter how you slice it, evil.

Now assuming he is real like you believe, I present you with some questions.

What gives him the right to judge?
What makes him perfect?
Why does sacrificing your son purge 'beings of sin' of sin?
Why do men not have the right to judge?
How is it possible for perfection to create imperfection? (That is a contradiction in itself.)

Do not give me answers that avoid the question, or make the cop-out of 'I do not know'. If you truly were to believe in said God, you should face these questions and come up with a respectable answer. Also, do not say that because he created us it gives him the right to rule. That is ignorant and repulsive. A parent who gives birth to a child does not have the right to kill said child do they? Or is that not evil in your mind?

All of this is assuming God is real. I personally do not believe in him. After all, how does perfection make such contradictions within his own cone of worship?

The hell thing was a joke. But how do you know that a fire that no man has felt before is as hot as you say it is? Jesus wouldn't have felt it. God certainly wouldn't have. So how do you know if the man behind the book did not know? Yet more inconsistencies.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I am by far well informed about Evolution so I will choose to stay on the fence on that matter.

But do you not find it odd how God sets all these rules for us and then decides he can bypass it with the excuse, "I am God."?

It is repugnant and disgusting that despite knowing all these things you choose to believe he is perfect and chose to create imperfection. If there were a God in theory why would you wish to follow such a being? I am genuinely curious as to why, despite all the horror he has created that you choose to believe he is right.

God, if he does exist, is unworthy of worship. All he seems to have done is create beings simply to rule over them as a tyrant. Directly or indirectly, according to the Bible itself, he has caused millions of deaths. That is no matter how you slice it, evil.

Now assuming he is real like you believe, I present you with some questions.

What gives him the right to judge?
What makes him perfect?
Why does sacrificing your son purge 'beings of sin' of sin?
Why do men not have the right to judge?
How is it possible for perfection to create imperfection? (That is a contradiction in itself.)

Do not give me answers that avoid the question, or make the cop-out of 'I do not know'. If you truly were to believe in said God, you should face these questions and come up with a respectable answer. Also, do not say that because he created us it gives him the right to rule. That is ignorant and repulsive. A parent who gives birth to a child does not have the right to kill said child do they? Or is that not evil in your mind?

All of this is assuming God is real. I personally do not believe in him. After all, how does perfection make such contradictions within his own cone of worship?

The hell thing was a joke. But how do you know that a fire that no man has felt before is as hot as you say it is? Jesus wouldn't have felt it. God certainly wouldn't have. So how do you know if the man behind the book did not know? Yet more inconsistencies.

1. God has the right to judge because he is perfect.
which leads us to...

2. He is perfect because he has never sinned and never will.

3. Jesus lived a perfect life, so when God "poured his wraith out on his son" he gave man the opportunity to believe in Jesus so that when God sits on his throne on judgement day he will not see the sinful being the man once was, but instead he will see the blood of his perfect son. When a person is saved the holy spirit lives within him begining santification and a battle between the flesh and the spirit. When Jesus returns the process of santification will finally be completed so that you too will be without sin.

4. Men don't have they right ot judge because they are just as bad as whoever they were judging. Sin is defined as things that seperate us from God. So if you have sinned once you are not perfect and must pay the penalty of death. Now if you lived a perfect life I believe judging would be acceptable because you are not judging somone on something you too live in and continue to live in.

5. God did not created any imperfections originally his design was completly perfect only to be corrupted later by sin.

God has followed ALL the rules he has set for us.

I tried to answer all your questions to the best of ability but I'm not really good at putting words on paper if you know what I mean
I am aslo only a 14 year old boy certainly not a Pastor who has studied the Bible many years and could answer your question better, with more detail, and in a better way. If you are really interested in learning more about God and want your questions answered in complete I would suggest taking them and presenting them in front of a Pastor.
and even then, somethings are too big for man we won't understand them completly unless God reveals them to us in a simple way.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
1. God has the right to judge because he is perfect.
which leads us to...

2. He is perfect because he has never sinned and never will.

3. Jesus lived a perfect life, so when God "poured his wraith out on his son" he gave man the opportunity to believe in Jesus so that when God sits on his throne on judgement day he will not see the sinful being the man once was, but instead he will see the blood of his perfect son. When a person is saved the holy spirit lives within him begining santification and a battle between the flesh and the spirit. When Jesus returns the process of santification will finally be completed so that you too will be without sin.

4. Men don't have they right ot judge because they are just as bad as whoever they were judging. Sin is defined as things that seperate us from God. So if you have sinned once you are not perfect and must pay the penalty of death. Now if you lived a perfect life I believe judging would be acceptable because you are not judging somone on something you too live in and continue to live in.

5. God did not created any imperfections originally his design was completly perfect only to be corrupted later by sin.

God has followed ALL the rules he has set for us.

I tried to answer all your questions to the best of ability but I'm not really good at putting words on paper if you know what I mean
I am aslo only a 14 year old boy certainly not a Pastor who has studied the Bible many years and could answer your question better, with more detail, and in a better way.

Answers 1 and 2 don't work, considering your statement, "God has followed all the rules". He has, according to your holy book, killed millions. Now killing in my mind is quite the sin, and the Bible seems to agree with me.

Question 3 also seems to show God as quite the opposite of a role model. He knowingly sent his son to his death. Now if my Father sent me to my death I am sure that would be considered sinful by anyone.

Question 4 is a silly answer. A man who has killed countless people such as a serial killer. Do we not have the right to judge him? Hell, we have a legal system in every country in one way or another. According to you, God and your religion we don't have the right to send that man to jail, because we as bad as him. The thoughts of sin are not the same as acts of sin. What separate us from other people we judge is how we act, not how we might act.

Question 5: He created a world where sin is made. He put a tree of knowledge that would give birth to sin in a garden. Eve was not the original creator of sin for according to your own religion God created her, and the tree, so in essence HE created sin. That is a fact. God is the creator of sin. Hell, that video above is silly sure, but it raises a lot of good questions.

Also, a Pastor would not answer my questions. I've spoken to Pastors and they give worse answers than any I have received in this thread. Hell, you would make a better Pastor than some I have met, simply because most Pastors asked me to leave for asking the same questions in an even more polite way.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with all this, but about that last part, I have another outlook on that.... I believe that no one goes to hell or heaven when they die, according to both Christ's mention of people being "asleep"(1 Thessalonians 3:13-8), and studies have shown that many times "hell" is used in the bible as a word that really means "ground". And, his prophecy about the resurrection(i.e. this passage in Acts, said by Paul: "To this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great . . . that the Christ [the Messiah] would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead"(Acts 26:22-23). , and this verse right here: John 3:13. I believe in a more merciful God than one that tortures people for eternity because of their mistakes.
In the bible it says our spirits go to heaven when we die. Our bodies will not be raised until The Second Coming.

People will go to Hell because if they didn't, and they went to Heaven (where else would they go?) Sin would enter Heaven making heaven unholy therefore making God unholy. If God left sin unpunished it would mean he is not just. I wish I could explain this better ( I remember something about it explained in a better way but can't remember it in full detail. I'll try to get back to you later after I dig a little deeper into the subject)

Weikauno

Coder
In the bible it says our spirits go to heaven when we die. Our bodies will not be raised until The Second Coming.

People will go to Hell because if they didn't, and they went to Heaven (where else would they go?) Sin would enter Heaven making heaven unholy therefore making God unholy. If God left sin unpunished it would mean he is not just. I wish I could explain this better ( I remember something about it explained in a better way but can't remember it in full detail. I'll try to get back to you later after I dig a little deeper into the subject)
well then tell where it says we go to heaven, cause John 3:13 shows me that we don't go to heaven. No offense there, sorry I just want to know where you got that.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Answers 1 and 2 don't work, considering your statement, "God has followed all the rules". He has, according to your holy book, killed millions. Now killing in my mind is quite the sin, and the Bible seems to agree with me.

Question 3 also seems to show God as quite the opposite of a role model. He knowingly sent his son to his death. Now if my Father sent me to my death I am sure that would be considered sinful by anyone.

Question 4 is a silly answer. A man who has killed countless people such as a serial killer. Do we not have the right to judge him? Hell, we have a legal system in every country in one way or another. According to you, God and your religion we don't have the right to send that man to jail, because we as bad as him. The thoughts of sin are not the same as acts of sin. What separate us from other people we judge is how we act, not how we might act.

Question 5: He created a world where sin is made. He put a tree of knowledge that would give birth to sin in a garden. Eve was not the original creator of sin for according to your own religion God created her, and the tree, so in essence HE created sin. That is a fact. God is the creator of sin. Hell, that video above is silly sure, but it raises a lot of good questions.

Also, a Pastor would not answer my questions. I've spoken to Pastors and they give worse answers than any I have received in this thread. Hell, you would make a better Pastor than some I have met, simply because most Pastors asked me to leave for asking the same questions in an even more polite way.

Death is the penalty of sin and if God is just he must enforce it. Every instance of God "killing people" is mearly him bringing early judgement among those people or even simply taking away the blessing of life he gave to them.

Well this is where it gets really confusing. God the Father, The Holy Spirit, and Jesus make up the trinity. This is one of the subjects man will not be able to fully grasp untill God reveals it to him in a simpler way "Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5
Jesus has so much love for man that he was willing to humble himself into coming into earth to die when he in no way diserved it so that men could believe in him and be let into heaven.
4. I just overheard my Aunt talking about this I can't remember what she said but I'll ask and get back to you on that

He didn't create a world with sin but a world with choice. Lucifer had already sinned in heavan when his pride made him think himslef ot be better than God. So that was the first sin. Next Lucifer decieved Eve into eating the fruit which wasn't a sin because she was decieved. Sin entered the world of man when Adam willingly ate the fruit undecieved.
He created beings with choice which in turn sinned

I don't know what pastor you've been talking to, but any of the ones I know would never ask you to leave over a question. They would tell you what they know and even if they couldn't really answer the question they would try their best and explain why.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
I think it's time to quote myself all the way back from page 15 of this thread. I dislike misinformation. I will highlight the pertinent statement.

I'm responding only to the statements related to burning and torture in hell for all eternity. The bible never states that as a punishment for people who do not believe in God or commit a Sin. Those are only punishments for Satan, the Beast, and the False Prophet. This depends though on the denominations you talk to but all of them still use the three same core books, just different interpretations. For example, coming from a close relation of mine -- someone I know believes Hell to be just an existence to be separated from God after being made aware of the connection you had, to suffer the knowledge of what you lost and what you could have had, otherwise it would be much like your life currently. There is also the concept of Eternal Destruction which is brought up in the Bible which is not Hell, but instead your soul is destroyed utterly, you just do not exist anymore even after death.

Another thing to state about the punishment for Sin and to not believe in God is that the Bible does not state that punishment will be eternal, it just states that there will be punishment.

P.S. As for the finding anything God does cruel? God never said he was not cruel. He is still the creator in Christian faith though and he Good and therefore all of his decisions are Good. Whether Humans, who were given free will by God, decide otherwise. That is because we are still a creation of God and should both Love and Respect him for this. For without him we would not Exist.

I'm don't even belong to any of the religions that use the Bible. I just don't like the common misconceptions/horrible interpretations that even believers of the Bible have.

P.P.S. This is all I'm saying unless something else frustrates me later.

As an addition to this, I see this thread having repeated statements which is why I felt the need to quote myself. Please, if you haven't already, read through the thread to see if what you are saying hasn't already been brought up.

Last edited: