• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I realize that I may be criticized for my religion but frankly I don't care,but I do care about the people who criticize me and for that reason I am making this thread to help them make the most important choice in their life. I would love to see my whole herocraft family in heaven. I know this probably isn't possible but my hopes are to help save as many as I can so without furthur distractions here is the general gist of this thread. I will be posting advice and bible verses daily. I also offer help to you who are experincing personal problems. If you don't feel comfortable posting on this thread then private message me. Know that you will never be alone and that its never to late to turn around your life for God is s forgiving god and Jesus will always be with in your pain offering guidance and I will try my best to help too

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Now, I get the impression that the turnout here is going to be... scant at best... But for what's worth, bob, I'm here to support ya.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Can you tell me how 'Jesus Christ' is real?
Yes and other Christians alike could tell you without a dobt that he is real I would suggest reading the gospel of mathew, mark,Luke ,and John to learn more about him. In John 14:6 Jesus says "I am the way the truth and the life no one comes through the father except through me" stating that he is the one way to heaven and accepting him as your savior is the most important thing you can do in your life

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I was being completely serious holy shit
You don't have to be embarrassed by your previous post I am happy to help you learn more and guide you in the right direction ignore the others I'll deal with them. As you can see even belivers have more to learn I hope those people did not alter you from wanting to learn more about jesus

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Well I'm going to be honest. I see no reason to believe in god, but if you could rationally explain why he is real, I'd love to hear it.
Well first off this is kind of a off topic comment but I'd rather believe in God and find out there is none than to not believe and then meet him on judgement day, but that set aside Im tired and have to go to bed right now and I don't wont it to affect my writing so I will explain it to you with the best of my abilities tommorow

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'll share with Holy some in your stead:

Well I'm going to be honest. I see no reason to believe in god, but if you could rationally explain why he is real, I'd love to hear it.

This is how I see it: trying to explain God in terms of an atheistic worldview is tough. A lot of God's present-day proof is mainly internal and personal. I know He exists because I've felt that bond. The Spirit in me and in others. You can argue physical proofs all the live long day and nobody is going to change their opinions, but I've found God keeps His promises to me as described in the Bible. Thereby I assume that if Biblical promises are fulfilled for me, two millennia after the fact, then Biblical promises could have been just as fulfilled for those who were involved in those stories.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll share with Holy some in your stead:

This is how I see it: trying to explain God in terms of an atheistic worldview is tough. A lot of God's present-day proof is mainly internal and personal. I know He exists because I've felt that bond. The Spirit in me and in others. You can argue physical proofs all the live long day and nobody is going to change their opinions, but I've found God keeps His promises to me as described in the Bible. Thereby I assume that if Biblical promises are fulfilled for me, two millennia after the fact, then Biblical promises could have been just as fulfilled for those who were involved in those stories.
Thx for the help. I'm young and not the best explainer but I'm glad I had you to help[DOUBLEPOST=1359436340,1359436277][/DOUBLEPOST]It's 2 hours past when I'm normally asleep so ill answer questions tomorrow

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Why is there suffering in the world?
God doesn't say bad things won't happen to people but he does say he will be there helping you when they do. also pain and death such as world hunger entered in the world only after Adam and Eve ate the fruit of knowledge and sinned if you wish for a better explanation please read the first part of genesis

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok, on topic, I'm going to ask a bit.

In modern day society, 'to believe something is to see it' is the common mentality. You're saying that God chooses people to experience a bond/connection, and leaves the others in the dark? I've never felt a bond between myself and anything paranormal/godly, but others get to have this connection? Seems like God just chucks us under the bus and chooses people to believe in Him.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I feel like this whole thread has already started as an Athiest vs Christian battle royale

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
When I was your age, I too read the bible and wanted to save people from the damnation of going to hell. It was my goal to remind people about Jesus and to follow his teachings in order to go into heaven. The fear of God kept me in check and I wanted to make sure that I was taking the right path to being a good person in the eye of the Church.

Then (no disrespect) I opened my mind. I was raised Catholic and it was all I knew. I learned that there were many other religions out there. I learned that Christianity wasn't even the first religion, and that many of their beliefs were carbon copies of other beliefs held by different religions. I learned that even Jesus shared many characteristics of other "chosen ones" through centuries prior to his alleged existence.

The point is, I did my own research to find out whether I was doing the 'smart' thing to continue with Christianity. I'm not saying you're not educated in the matter, but if you're not I suggest that you do your own research as well. Your faith may grow stronger from it, or you may be on the path of "life after God". At any rate, good luck, but don't sell your brain short.

Digger 360

Coal
Many bush tribes in Africa, with absolutely no exposure to outside culture, along with many others, will never hear of God, Jesus, or Christianity in general.

If God does exist, why would he create a criteria to be saved; than place/create humans in a place where they will never hear of him? Are these people doomed to burn, simply because of where they were born?

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Many bush tribes in Africa, with absolutely no exposure to outside culture, along with many others, will never hear of God, Jesus, or Christianity in general.

If God does exist, why would he create a criteria to be saved; than place/create humans in a place where they will never hear of him? Are these people doomed to burn, simply because of where they were born?
It has begun. From what I've heard in Theology class people who never come in contact with the religion will be saved.