• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
Something quickly to add would be I think it''s important for anyone to believe in whatever they want to believe without fear of being prosecuted or discriminated against.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
If anybody ever wants to learn more, or feels like they are being led to learn more with out all the argueing feel welcomed to shoot me a pm. I would be happy to answer any questions on a more personal level than on a public thread.

P.S. not trying to revive the thread, just sending out a message.

If anybody ever wants to learn more, or feels like they are being led to learn more with out all the argueing feel welcomed to shoot me a pm. I would be happy to answer any questions on a more personal level than on a public thread.

P.S. not trying to revive the thread, just sending out a message.

I almost got fired from the school because i said fuck allah .... When you grow up you will understand that there is no god , allah or buddah...

In my country people use religion for earning money or politics.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I almost got fired from the school because i said fuck allah .... When you grow up you will understand that there is no god , allah or buddah...

Hey, lets listen to this scholarly "man" who did something ineffably stupid in school. He obviously knows his shit when it comes to religion, or anything for that matter.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3

Which horrible country is this that throws you out of school for destructive hatred? If you had a Christian upbringing you would understand that hatred like that gets you nowhere.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Which horrible country is this that throws you out of school for destructive hatred? If you had a Christian upbringing you would understand that hatred like that gets you nowhere.
If you had an upbringing with decent parents who taught you basic etiqette, no matter what religion they practiced, if any*

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7

Fired from school? Nice.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
How do you know if god or allah exists?

At the end of the day, nobody really knows; not even the most devout of Christians. That's why we call it a faith, my friend. Until we meet our maker (or don't), we will never be truly sure. We can only believe, or have faith, in what we have read from this 2000+ year old book (not to mention there are missing chapters to it, and that it WAS written by man, of course). All we can do in the meantime is try to be generally great to one another, which is what the bible is all about, which is what Jesus was all about. He was a guy who, nailed to a cross, tortured, beaten, ridiculed, forsaken by his father and his own followers, still said "I forgive you, and I still love you." Wouldn't it be great to follow in that guy's example? I think that's what religion is all about, and in my case, Christianity. Faith in the teachings of a man that came to us and said "love one another, and you will be with me in paradise."

At the end of the day, nobody really knows; not even the most devout of Christians. That's why we call it a faith, my friend. Until we meet our maker (or don't), we will never be truly sure. All we can do in the meantime is try to be generally great to one another, which is what the bible is all about, which is what Jesus was all about. He was a guy who, nailed to a cross, tortured, beaten, ridiculed, forsaken by his father and his own followers, still said "I forgive you, and I still love you." Wouldn't it be great to follow in that guy's example? I think that's what religion is all about, and in my case, Christianity. Faith in the teachings of a man that came to us and said "love one another, and you will be with me in paradise."

I wish people were thinking like you , But in my country they don't respect other religions at all.

In qu'ran or bible if you don't believe god or allah , you will go to hell.

And they say there is no forcing in religion..

Last edited:

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I wish people were thinking like you , but in qu'ran or bible if you don't believe god or allah , you will go to hell.

And they say there is no forcing in religion..

I can't say for certain whether or not those who do not believe are destined for hell, but what I can say is that I know many aetheists who are better Christians (if you know what I mean) than other Christians I know.

And you're right. There really is no forcing in religion. God made (or didn't) us with our own free will to do as we wish. It's people who will try to force you. Ideally, someone will want to help you come to religion (providing you would accept it), not force you. That's where hate and disbelief comes, which is what I can see in you.

I'm getting really sappy here, but try to take what I've said to heart. Know that these people are as human as you and I. At the very least, try to forgive them, because they know not of what they are doing (to quote something someone famous once said, wink wink).

Last edited:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It would have been easy for me to accept the message and morals of Jesus if it wasn't for the fact he is seen as something above human beings, as someone to worship and obey. My ideology in life is that we are all equal to one another, no matter our background. The current Jesus doesn't fit into that ideology.

Weikauno

Coder
I know many aetheists who are better Christians (if you know what I mean) than other Christians I know.
The nice thing about Christianity that a lot of Christians probably don't know is that it supports people who do good and live life well and are caring people.

Ro 2:14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
Ro 2:15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.

just a little insight on that. :)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
That's wrong
Prayer, ceremonies, claims of him to be the son of an almighty God, churches made for worship.

We don't have stuff like this for Voltaire, Aristotoles, Karl Marx, Platon, Sokrates and other great thinkers. Why? Because their cults didn't turn their teachings into something godlike and religious. I will never accept the existence of anything godlike, as I believe we humans can't rely on "powers above" to make this world a better place. We have to do this ourselves.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Prayer, ceremonies, claims of him to be the son of an almighty God, churches made for worship.

We don't have stuff like this for Voltaire, Aristotoles, Karl Marx, Platon, Sokrates and other great thinkers. Why? Because their cults didn't turn their teachings into something godlike and religious. I will never accept the existence of anything godlike, as I believe we humans can't rely on "powers above" to make this world a better place. We have to do this ourselves.

It would have been easy for me to accept the message and morals of Jesus if it wasn't for the fact he is seen as something above human beings, as someone to worship and obey.

I would like you to go into the Bible and point out exactly where it says we should "worship and obey" Jesus Christ. At mass, Christians commemorate the life, death and teachings of a man. In a sense, yes, he was God's son, but he came to us in a personal, friendly, loving and forgiving way. He was corporeal and most importantly he was human, the same as you and I. At NO point in time did he say "You must worship and obey me, for I am all mighty and more powerful than you and you will go to hell if you don't yadda yadda."

My ideology in life is that we are all equal to one another, no matter our background. The current Jesus doesn't fit into that ideology.

Jesus thought exactly the way you did. We all are, in the end, equal to one another. Though, I suppose you threw in "The current Jesus doesn't fit into that ideology" bit because of what some people today make Jesus out to be, right? Well, let me ask you something. Is the individual the representative of the whole? Is one person's misconception every person's misconception? Etc..

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3

The Bible does say God helps those who help themselves.