• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
2.)why does God forgive humans, etc. ...... God gave us the gift of His son to pay for our sins, so that we may be cleansed of all evil and become children of God

But why couldn't he just forgive humans?
Why did he have to ship down his son, then wait for us to kill him?
And why does killing him equal to "cleanse from sinn"?

Weikauno

Coder

because the penalty of sin is death, so someone had to pay the penalty. And Jesus lived a perfect life, and suffered an extremely horrible death, so that we may live, because God loves us. One way to say it is that Jesus payed for our sins, as a gift from Him to us, so you don't have to pay it yourself(for example, if some guy pays for your cheeseburger, you don't have to pay for it, because he payed for it, simple as that.)

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
He could not just forgive us because their bad to be bloodshed to be reconciled. This had been the case all through history in many religions through sacrifice. This is nothing new.

He had to send his son because we needed a perfect man to cleanse us once and for all. We killed him because unbelievers did not want to believe what he was saying, and that he is God and perfect so they wanted to wipe him from the earth.

I slightly answered this question in the first paragraph but ill continue on. Because we are sinful we needed a Salvador. If there was a human that was perfect and had never sinned, it could've been him, but because humans can not be perfect because of our sin nature we needed his perfect son to die in our place.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
One way to say it is that Jesus payed for our sins, as a gift from Him to us, so you don't have to pay it yourself(for example, if some guy pays for your cheeseburger, you don't have to pay for it, because he payed for it, simple as that.)
In my eyes is it more like Burger King knock on your door at home and tells you: "here is $10 go and buy some burgers :)"

Anyways:
I see your point now.
I do not agree, but that's just my view of it.
Thanks for trying to clear stuff up for me :)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
To clarify I said what I said above to give std some rude language in return for his less than civil post.

I live in a secular fantasy left-wing world because I think that people should be treated equally despite their sexual preference... I'm just a regular 'ol pacifist, tree huggin', gay lovin' guy. I totally deserve your rude language.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I live in a secular fantasy left-wing world because I think that people should be treated equally despite their sexual preference... I'm just a regular 'ol pacifist, tree huggin', gay lovin' guy. I totally deserve your rude language.
Again, because you believe your ideas right doesn't give you license to slam every other idea you come across.

Ravager360

Wood
God works in mysterious ways... -by anyone who likes saying pointless and meaningless stuff

Like me. My last post... is this one.

When I was talking about Shaky, I left out the part about how he failed horribly at Macbeth. He got the history AND geography wrong. The same follows for quite a few of his plays.
So why was he famous? He was the guy who wrote the plays. The crowd didn't care that Macbeth killed Duncan on the battlefield (real life), instead of killing him in his sleep (play).
They wanted to see a play.

In short, it seems that this thread is going on about, 'why God is/is not real, INSTEAD of what it should be about.

We really can't prove that God is there with science, or religion, or anything else here.
Some of you will hate me. Some of you will agree.
But all of you will hate me if I try to get each of you to like me.
We should decide things for ourselves. Like if there is a God.

Don't even bother replying to this post.

Because I won't respond.

Goodbye, Herocraft, my computer is shutting down, so I can't post here anymore!
Farewell!

Now, what will you choose? That God is real? That I'm a stupid person, thats going to the nether? That God is not real, or that you believe in something else?

We can't 100% prove, or even 80% or 70%, about Gods existence.

And in the meantime, get off of the computer, and think for yourself. I <3 God. Oh, and, btw, I KNOW A LOT ABOUT CAESAR. So don't say that I don't. Troll.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Again, because you believe your ideas right doesn't give you license to slam every other idea you come across.

Sorry to be blunt but its kind of fucked that we still don't have equal right for everyone in this day and age. It's completely ridiculous.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd think he actually means the Divine Comedy, also known as Dante's Inferno, an epic poem detailing Hell and its levels. It's a classic and the fact that you immediately think to the modern video game is heart breaking.
I did question to myself if it was the book, but I didn't think anyone would go to judging me so I didn't bother to change it. Haven't read it either though

Ravager360

Wood
Even the people who devote their entire lives to helping the poor, but who also happen to follow another religion, or none at all? /end thread

I'll take a page out of your book. I know it sounds harsh, but... your logic is horrible, and makes you a horrible human for thinking that.

If God knows that you are good, you will probably live forever. Just sayin'

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Sorry to be blunt but its kind of fucked that we still don't have equal right for everyone in this day and age. It's completely ridiculous.

Word... I always make the comparison of how the lack of equality for gay people today is somewhat comparable to how black people weren't given equal rights in the Western world not too long ago. Somehow, those against gay marriage become up in arms at the comment, and tell me that they're nothing alike, and it's different because marriage is SUPPOSED to be between a man and a woman. All in all, inequality blinds those who are inadvertently supporting it... but now this is offtopic and I should probably end it there.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Since this thread is for asking questions, why isn't christianity or the bible accepting all humans as equal?

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Because it was written thousands of years ago.
I would just like to note that just saying something is old doesn't mean it is unequal, racism and sexism varied throughout the ages. The American south one hundred years ago was far more racist than the Roman empire in general, for example.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
'for their is neither Jew nor Greek, master nor slave, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ.'
Is that why women had no rights against her husband for over a thousand years and that homosexuals aren't given the same rights as any other person?

In The Nordics (Except Finland, but Finland is still far ahead of conservative countries like US), there is no difference in rights between homosexuals and heterosexuals within the church and the law. If the Nordic christians believe homosexuality is natural and that god sees nothing wrong with it, why are there so many million christians still not accepting it?

me19584

Glowing Redstone
Wait does anyone here actually have evidence (other than personal faith) that a god exists?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Wait does anyone here actually have evidence (other than personal faith) that a god exists?
You're bringing this back to page 1 lol. The christians in this thread have stated that there is no proof he is real, but neither any concluding evidence that he doesn't excist. Of course, I could say the same about unicorns but religion is different because a vast majority of people are religious.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
You're bringing this back to page 1 lol. The christians in this thread have stated that there is no proof he is real, but neither any concluding evidence that he doesn't excist. Of course, I could say the same about unicorns but religion is different because a vast majority of people are religious.
The burden of proof has nothing to do with the majority opinion. If 100,000 people told me unicorns exist, I'd still ask for evidence. I understand this might not be what you're saying, just liked to clear things up.