• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
The burden of proof has nothing to do with the majority opinion. If 100,000 people told me unicorns exist, I'd still ask for evidence. I understand this might not be what you're saying, just liked to clear things up.
That's just how religion works..
You either believe or you do not believe.

My experience is that persons who starts to question stuff, like you did right there ends up not believing..

Also, if you ask a question and want the answer to be something, it's hard to believe you're wrong. Specially when it's not any evidence of the opposite.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
That's just how religion works..
You either believe or you do not believe.

My experience is that persons who starts to question stuff, like you did right there ends up not believing..

Also, if you ask a question and want the answer to be something, it's hard to believe you're wrong. Specially when it's not any evidence of the opposite.
True. It all depends on whether you want true beliefs or hopeful ones.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think one of the main reasons religions excist, is because we humans simply can't let go off life. If science tells us that we all will die and our bodies will rot and dissappear, we don't want to believe science and instead we create religions so that we could band together and tell each other "Of course we won't die, our souls will live with god" untill everyone are confident that they won't die but that they'll live trough their immortal soul (Or reincarnation in some cases).

Believe me, you should never think too much about what happens when your body dies. Our knowledge simply doesn't know how it's gonna be being dead. How can I die and dissappear forever? Won't I just reincarnate as a new human with no sense of my past life? Where do I go when I die? I can't accept that my body and mind dissappear forever.

It will happen whoever you are. You will end up dying sometime no matter what and new generations of indvidual humans will take your spot. It's a hard, maybe an insane fact to accept and is why people create religion.

Weikauno

Coder
I think one of the main reasons religions excist, is because we humans simply can't let go off life. If science tells us that we all will die and our bodies will rot and dissappear, we don't want to believe science and instead we create religions so that we could band together and tell each other "Of course we won't die, our souls will live with god" untill everyone are confident that they won't die but that they'll live trough their immortal soul (Or reincarnation in some cases).

Believe me, you should never think too much about what happens when your body dies. Our knowledge simply doesn't know how it's gonna be being dead. How can I die and dissappear forever? Won't I just reincarnate as a new human with no sense of my past life? Where do I go when I die? I can't accept that my body and mind dissappear forever.

It will happen whoever you are. You will end up dying sometime no matter what and new generations of indvidual humans will take your spot. It's a hard, maybe an insane fact to accept and is why people create religion.

most reasonable answer to think of this, but we will never be sure of anything. We may live in the matrix, or there may be alternate universes like the marvel universe and the DC universe, but we may never know. Truthfully, we know nothing at all for sure, in fact, the whole world could just be made up in your head, and you aren't what we would call "human". So, believe what you will, but no one will ever actually know anything for sure.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
most reasonable answer to think of this, but we will never be sure of anything. We may live in the matrix, or there may be alternate universes like the marvel universe and the DC universe, but we may never know. Truthfully, we know nothing at all for sure, in fact, the whole world could just be made up in your head, and you aren't what we would call "human". So, believe what you will, but no one will ever actually know anything for sure.
Actually, there is one thing in the whole universe you can know for sure.
Your mind exist.
You can think, therefore you are.
But you can't be sure of what you are, and how you exist.
But that's a rather odd way seeing the world (in my eyes).
A good thumb rule (for me) I believe in what I can see, touch and experience..

Weikauno

Coder
Your mind exist.

yep, only thing we can know surely is that our mind exists, nothing else really, lol. But you know, since we don't know, we should live our lives to the fullest.

Weikauno

Coder
Wait does anyone here actually have evidence (other than personal faith) that a god exists?
the only thing we know for sure is that our own mind exists, we cannot have real evidence for anything but that. We can't know anything beyond that, only things that could be real, but could also all be just in your head(we might not even have a head, so your mind, that's all we have sufficient evidence for.) but really does that make it not real if it's just in your head? it would be real to you. So, actually, the world is very different for every person. There may be evidence they see that you do not. We all have our own little worlds, our minds, that create everything we know as real, but we do not know if life is only a scam, fake, nothing existing. So, you will believe what you will believe, because of what your mind tells you is real.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Your mind exist.
The problem with only believing what you see is that it would seem to prevent dreaming. If the ancients had no interest in discovering the universe around them, and said "We do not see it, therefore it does not exist" We would have a very unimaginative and unexplored world. What I'm saying is that what you say works only to a certain point.

Kam744

ICE ICE ICE!
"The whole world could just be made up in your head"

So you could be a figment of my imagination? :confused:

ZeZeene

Herocube Guardian
"The whole world could just be made up in your head"

So you could be a figment of my imagination? :confused:

In a way, yes.
If the entire world were to exist solely inside your mind, everything you see, hear, smell, fell, etcetera. cannot be trusted. Therefore, there is no possible way to disprove the possibility of this situation: after all, any "proof" you might find could just be a figment of your imagination.
Another impossible-to-disprove possibility is that the world does exist, but your mind substantially alters it. For example, to others Herocraft might actually be an online chess-based MMO and Kainzo could be a french maid, while Apherdite could be a macho Canadian lumberjack. Once again, your mind could just alter any data it receives to make Herocraft, Kainzo and Apherdite seem like respectively a Minecraft server, the guy practically running said Minecraft server and his wife.

Then again, in his spare time Kainzo might actually be a french maid. Who knows.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
In a way, yes.
If the entire world were to exist solely inside your mind, everything you see, hear, smell, fell, etcetera. cannot be trusted. Therefore, there is no possible way to disprove the possibility of this situation: after all, any "proof" you might find could just be a figment of your imagination.
Another impossible-to-disprove possibility is that the world does exist, but your mind substantially alters it. For example, to others Herocraft might actually be an online chess-based MMO and Kainzo could be a french maid, while Apherdite could be a macho Canadian lumberjack. Once again, your mind could just alter any data it receives to make Herocraft, Kainzo and Apherdite seem like respectively a Minecraft server, the guy practically running said Minecraft server and his wife.

Then again, in his spare time Kainzo might actually be a french maid. Who knows.
[Insert Matrix reference here]

koen31

TNT
Your mind exist.

Explain hallucinogens... Makes you see things that are not really there. But yet you saw them so in some way they are real. All depends on the definition of "real". In a lot of cases most anything can be "real" depending on who saw, heard, smelled it etc. and in what context.

Your mind also tricks you without the influence of drugs. i.e optical illusions. Or is the "illusion" reality....

Last edited:

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Explain hallucinogens... Makes you see things that are not really there. But yet you saw them so in some way they are real. All depends on the definition of "real". In a lot of cases most anything can be "real" depending on who saw, heard, smelled it etc. and in what context.

Your mind also tricks you without the influence of drugs. i.e optical illusions. Or is the "illusion" reality....
Yet, most times people hallucinate, they see things that are similar to things we see everyday. Though Present Day allows for much more visible content.

The whole reason we see anything is because light refracts off an object and bounces into our eyes. This explains optical illusions, if light refracts in an odd manner, things are bound to look different. Now on to your drug theory. If the nerves were to be altered by lack of nutrients (Like water, vitamins and whatever might be needed to keep our eyes working) or even the brain for that matter, its possible the light refracting in isn't being interpreted the right way. Thus the objects you see are just altered versions of what is real.

I'm no scientist, but I am very fond of information and I pride myself in my ability to understand. So with that being said, I would say it is safe to say, what we see normally is, if not reality, closer to reality than what drugs or lenses make us see.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3

The difference is that our head isn't very good at making things up..
For example: every time you dream you only see faces you've already seen somewhere (cause the brain can't make up others).
I know that isn't exactly the same, but as victim said, when you hallucinate you see things that looks like thing you usually see.

(I didn't try to explain what's "real", but rather a theory saying that, the only thing you can be sure exist is your brain. Cause your brain can make independent new choices, and think for itself.)

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!

The brain does a lot of things on its own that we don't necessarily take notice of or make happen. One of my favorite examples is time. Technically, the life you are experiencing is some small amount behind the "physical" world around you by milliseconds. It'd be about as noticeable as playing your favorite online game anywhere from 5-30ms ping, which isn't very noticeable at all, but here's the science behind it.

The tips of your fingers and the tips of your toes are different distances from the body. Neurological signals go through the body at a certain speed. With that knowledge, if you were to touch your toes with your fingers, then you would feel one sensation before the other, but we feel it at the same time. This is because your brain is actually setting your life experience back just far enough for it to censor and edit your life experience. Even without any mind-altering substances, undernourishment, or tricks of the light, one may see the world differently from everyone else because his or her brain is telling him or her to see it.

Weikauno

Coder
The brain does a lot of things on its own that we don't necessarily take notice of or make happen. One of my favorite examples is time. Technically, the life you are experiencing is some small amount behind the "physical" world around you by milliseconds. It'd be about as noticeable as playing your favorite online game anywhere from 5-30ms ping, which isn't very noticeable at all, but here's the science behind it.

The tips of your fingers and the tips of your toes are different distances from the body. Neurological signals go through the body at a certain speed. With that knowledge, if you were to touch your toes with your fingers, then you would feel one sensation before the other, but we feel it at the same time. This is because your brain is actually setting your life experience back just far enough for it to censor and edit your life experience. Even without any mind-altering substances, undernourishment, or tricks of the light, one may see the world differently from everyone else because his or her brain is telling him or her to see it.
lol, vsauce

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3

Have you considered that it may be because the distance you are talking about is freaking tiny?
it's maybe a meter or so, and signals don't use many ms to travel a meter (not sure how fast signals in our body are traveling)..

And then comes the question..
If everybody is "experiencing" what happened say 5ms ago, how can we really say it happened then and not 5ms later?

Klobz

Iron
Many bush tribes in Africa, with absolutely no exposure to outside culture, along with many others, will never hear of God, Jesus, or Christianity in general.

If God does exist, why would he create a criteria to be saved; than place/create humans in a place where they will never hear of him? Are these people doomed to burn, simply because of where they were born?

I was browsing through this forum when I found this question I can answer :). In Romans 2:14-16 it says "For when Gentiles [bush tribes as you say], who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law it is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them. On the day when God will judge the secrets of human hearts." God will judge a man based on what has been revealed to him, not what has not been revealed to him, so it just depends on them following what God has asked them to do.