• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
bunch of awesome words

ff68480c963112ae2d3ee2acb765d124.jpg

Approved. I don't much care for a lot of the bible, but I find a great deal of strength and happiness in following the example set by Jesus.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Lol, got the Aerokii seal of approval. Everything I ever wanted and needed! btw lief, that video was so horrible but fucking hilarious and true lol

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Because God isn't about fluffy feathers and self-esteem. His justice demanded that somebody pay the debt of sin, but nobody could because they all sinned. Jesus could, because He was both a human who could pay up and full of God's Spirit.

This is an interesting one, actually. There's a good theory out there that the flood was not in fact global. I'll explain that in detail to you later on if you'd like.

Because it was the right time. Additionally, 4000 BC sounds way young, even for young-earth theories.

Because God doesn't just up and heal folks anymore. Plus your mortal body isn't quite that important.

Supernatural things are by definition outside science's domain.

Who is Caan? Also due to agency, also due to precedent-setting, also due to weirdness regarding the word "perfect".

You're gonna have to cite that one for me.

Pardon any hostility I may have towards any denomination of Christianity, it's just that when my grandfather passed away in 2006, he donated $4.5m to an adventist church and left my grandma with $1m. My aunt was economically screwed at this time, and though I loved him while he was alive, I percieve him as a total asshole becaue he wouldn't help his own fucking daughter because she was not 'straight' which is BULLSHIT. I personally believe that churches in general carry more of a communal sense than anything else, but I also think that they shouldn't isolate themselves due to indifferent religious background or bash on people for 'choosing to be gay' (also bullshit, you don't choose). I will never become a religious person, plain and simple. I'm perfectly cool with Christianity existing in coalition with the rest of society as long as Christians can cooperate well with other people.

I like the fact that Christianity does in some sense promote people who have wronged to better themselves and that helping others is considered a major aspect of being a Christian. I dislike that fact that my neighbor owns 2 porsches, a nissan 370z, and sits on a $500,000 house even though all he ever really does is preach a few sermons at church on sunday, and nothing more, whilst my dad is over here working roughly 40 or so hours a week with a with a high paying salary and only barely matching what our neighbor makes in terms of income. 'Donate 10% of your income to the church' crap only proves to show that in some sense Christianity has aspects in regards to greed and brainwashin(trust me, my grandpa is a perfect example of this -___-). I think that if the Christian community wanted to better themselves, they wouldn't come door to door informing people about their god. I don't know what would piss me off more than a Jehovah's witness on my street. Seriously, if one of them knocked on my door I'd open it, tell them that they're trespassing, uppercut them, then kick them down my stairs. I don't like to be annoyed. I'm not a good person. :)

Summary: If Christians could keep their beliefs/views to themselves, then people could actually tolerate them in a more positive manner!

1. Yeah, the theory goes that the straight of Gibraltar was opened around this time period, causing the atlantic ocean and the land underneath the current medit. sea to merge thus forming a larger water body, and wiping out anyone/anything in the area. There very well still may be remnants of towns under water.

2. Not really getting what you're trying to say here. :eek:

3. I recall Jesus/God healing a blind man somewhere in the bible.

4. I'll give this one to you. ;D

5. This one as well though I don't fully agree with 'God's' decisions.

6. Judges 1:19
"The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots."

Basically stating, god ain't got shit on people with iron chariots, in todays terms, cars. (jokes) xD

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Word from Shizz

All I can say is that I've met some people who are Christian and are absolute dicks, and I've met some people who are atheist and are really good people. The individual should not always be the representative of the whole, despite the way things are today. People make mistakes and poor choices. You're right; it's bullshit that he should do that to her. People who reject people because of that (or any reason) are horrible people. We should not judge; that's the responsibility of the guy upstairs. As far as us people, we should always try to love and respect each other, regardless of the circumstances.

I try more than others sometimes not to impose my religious views, nor do I try to convert others, because I know how obnoxious it is (unless you're interested or are otherwise unsure). I only try to show people through my actions what kind of person I am because of my religion.

I feel, as a Pastor, I should step in and clear some things up. There are a lot of questions about 'If God is good and loving and kind, why doesn't He help?'

He does help. Just because you look at a closed door to your left doesn't mean He isn't planning on opening a door to your right. He does things for His reasons alone. We were separated from Him, and now, He provides forgiveness by becoming a man, suffering as we do, and dying to pay everything we've ever done/will ever do. Why that way? It's the only way -- the only way to cure a sinful heart is by love. If we don't realize that He loves us enough to die for us, we will never be able to comprehend the love that we were made to give freely to others through Christ. That is salvation. Trust and complete surrender to Him.

On the topic of Catholicism -- it's heresy. I don't mean to offend, but it isn't a Christian organization, it is a religion. Adding to and taking from scripture is grounds for damnation, and to need 'priests' to absolve ANY type of sin is sinful in itself. Christ is THE way. By His death on the cross, we can have a direct link to Him to have our sins forgiven. We no longer need a middle man. Catholicism is old religion -- but I bring you good news! It's no longer about religion or the law of Moses! It's about having a loving relationship with the very One who came to rescue you from yourself and this evil world! Trust in Him and I promise you, He'll never leave you alone in the dark.

God doesn't choose people and not choose other people. True, He knows who will come to Him and who will end up damned because God is omipresent, everywhere at all times at once. He has provided us with missionaries, His word in the Bible, His disciples to spread the word of Truth, Hope, and Love to all who have ears to hear... It's all in His plan. Please move on to the next point

Finally, I know people often ask 'what about the indigenous tribes and peoples of parts of the world who have never known who God is?' -- with that, I just have one thing to say. Anyone who REJECTS the word of God, that Christ is the ONLY way to salvation, is then damned unless repentant and accepting of Christ's FREE gift of self-sacrifice to pay for their sin. So, if a man never even hears about God, never knows who Jesus is... he can't be held accountable for knowledge he didn't possess. I do have to comment, though -- that without all of the atheistic influences, God may have an easier time talking one-on-one with this person, and he may be the one person who has the strongest relationship with Him. Food for thought.

I don't have all the answers, but one day I will. For now, we have hope. I pray that everyone who is searching for God today, truly, with every fiber of their being, finds Him and falls madly in love with who He is and what He's done for us, His beloved.

God bless, and see you in-game!

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I hate religion, in the aspect that people think of it. I believe in God and want to have a relationship with him but I don't believe that you have to have/do anything else. In my opinion religion is just something created to mask the reality and for people to turn the love of god into a human thing, which gives room for corruption. Just my quick thoughts.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
That's you people's problems y'all are afraid of not understanding things and only want to rely on solid evidence when you can't understand everything and miracles happen every day for solid evidence faith in anything by definition is a blind belief in somthing so stop trying to understand everything
At least you understand how religion works. Whether you follow it or not is your decision, but I prefer to follow what I know to be true, you may think the same way.

A perfect analogy of what you just said could be as follows:

I could tell you that a fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage.
I could tell you that the fire it spits is heatless.
I could tell you that the dragon is incorporeal meaning that paint won't stick to it.
I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists?

Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so. The only thing you've really learned from my insistence that there's a dragon in my garage is that something funny is going on inside my head. You'd wonder, if no physical tests apply, what convinced me. The possibility that it was a dream or a hallucination would certainly enter your mind. But then, why am I taking it so seriously? Maybe I need help. At the least, maybe I've seriously underestimated human fallibility. Imagine that, despite none of the tests being successful, you wish to be scrupulously open-minded. So you don't outright reject the notion that there's a fire-breathing dragon in my garage. You merely put it on hold. Present evidence is strongly against it, but if a new body of data emerge you're prepared to examine it and see if it convinces you. Surely it's unfair of me to be offended at not being believed; or to criticize you for being stodgy and unimaginative -- merely because you rendered the Scottish verdict of "not proved."

Suppose it's not just me. Suppose that several people of your acquaintance, including people who you're pretty sure don't know each other, all tell you that they have dragons in their garages -- but in every case the evidence is
maddeningly elusive. All of us admit we're disturbed at being gripped by so odd a conviction so ill-supported by the physical evidence. None of us is a lunatic. We speculate about what it would mean if invisible dragons were really hiding out in garages all over the world, with us humans just catching on. I'd rather it not be true, I tell you. But maybe all those ancient European and Chinese myths about dragons weren't myths at all.

Gratifyingly, some dragon-size footprints in the flour are now reported. But they're never made when a skeptic is looking. An alternative explanation presents itself. On close examination it seems clear that the footprints could have been faked. Another dragon enthusiast shows up with a burnt finger and attributes it to a rare physical manifestation of the dragon's fiery breath. But again, other possibilities exist. We understand that there are other ways to burn fingers besides the breath of invisible dragons. Such "evidence" -- no matter how important the dragon advocates consider it -- is far from compelling. Once again, the only sensible approach is tentatively to reject the dragon hypothesis, to be open to future physical data, and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Pardon any hostility I may have towards any denomination of Christianity, it's just that when my grandfather passed away in 2006, he donated $4.5m to an adventist church and left my grandma with $1m. My aunt was economically screwed at this time, and though I loved him while he was alive, I percieve him as a total asshole becaue he wouldn't help his own fucking daughter because she was not 'straight' which is BULLSHIT. I personally believe that churches in general carry more of a communal sense than anything else, but I also think that they shouldn't isolate themselves due to indifferent religious background or bash on people for 'choosing to be gay' (also bullshit, you don't choose). I will never become a religious person, plain and simple. I'm perfectly cool with Christianity existing in coalition with the rest of society as long as Christians can cooperate well with other people.
Okay, so if you think you're being hostile towards somebody who doesn't deserve it then don't be hostile, please. Funny how familiar that sounds...

I like the fact that Christianity does in some sense promote people who have wronged to better themselves and that helping others is considered a major aspect of being a Christian. I dislike that fact that my neighbor owns 2 porsches, a nissan 370z, and sits on a $500,000 house even though all he ever really does is preach a few sermons at church on sunday, and nothing more, whilst my dad is over here working roughly 40 or so hours a week with a with a high paying salary and only barely matching what our neighbor makes in terms of income. 'Donate 10% of your income to the church' crap only proves to show that in some sense Christianity has aspects in regards to greed and brainwashin(trust me, my grandpa is a perfect example of this -___-). I think that if the Christian community wanted to better themselves, they wouldn't come door to door informing people about their god. I don't know what would piss me off more than a Jehovah's witness on my street. Seriously, if one of them knocked on my door I'd open it, tell them that they're trespassing, uppercut them, then kick them down my stairs. I don't like to be annoyed. I'm not a good person. :)
I think what you're seeing is not Christianity, but somebody who uses Christianity for their personal gain. If you read the New Testament in particular (although there's some good OT on it too), you would see exactly how wrong and predictable this behavior is, even within their own contexts... bar the Jehovah's Witnesses. They've got the gist of things in the spreading-the-Word regard but personally I criticize their behavior for other reasons.

Summary: If Christians could keep their beliefs/views to themselves, then people could actually tolerate them in a more positive manner!
Guess what? Christianity condemns keeping your views to yourself, and sees little value in being well-regarded by the general public. That's like neutering breeding stock.

2. Not really getting what you're trying to say here. :eek:
It was preparation for lots of things. The right audience, the right locale, the prophecy and knowledge of God's character that backs up Jesus' own legitimacy. Even some interesting astrological phenomena. There was purpose in it.

3. I recall Jesus/God healing a blind man somewhere in the bible.
Yup. But that wasn't the cool thing. The cool thing was that He made a witness for Himself, and if it's the guy I'm thinking of that his sins were explicitly forgiven.

5. This one as well though I don't fully agree with 'God's' decisions.

6. Judges 1:19
"The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots."

Basically stating, god ain't got shit on people with iron chariots, in todays terms, cars. (jokes) xD
Ahh, gotcha. But they got the hill country, and went on to do some more conquering. I wonder if there's not more context and culture to it as well.

One more thing: I know its still unclear on why God doesn't step in to help us the way we THINK we need His help. I have something for you to think on:

Lets take a moment and, theoretically if you will, believe that if there is a God that exists and He loves us the way He says he does, why would he FORCE his love on us? If you get married to a woman who you force to 'love' you, what is there in that? Nothing but emptiness. You can't make a heart love another. God loves us, and so He gives us the freedom to choose. He wants what we want, which is a quite a romantic thing -- to place our wants above His very own. So, when we choose to be without God, deny His existence and say that we live our lives better without Him, He knows we're wrong, but He, in love, gives us what we want. He doesn't 'send' you to Hell, he GIVES YOU WHAT YOU WANT -- to be without Him eternally. That is what Hell is. A place where Satan and the minions of hell can torture you and taunt you all they want, with no interference from God -- until evil is destroyed, and everything not within the sight of the Lord is disintegrated in One word of His mouth.

Now, lets say, because God is so loving that being in His presence would fill us with such warmth and love that we couldn't possibly deny who He is and accept to be with Him forever. Why doesn't He just do that, then? Because that would negate His gift of freedom of choice. We wouldn't have choice at that point, because every negative, atheistic, blasphemous thought would be flushed out of us. We would have nothing but pure drunken love in front of the Lord. Why would He want to take our choice away? There's a lot to think about regarding this... I just don't want to mislead anyone.

It takes a lot more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a Christian. Evidence, even physical evidence, points to God. Keep that in mind!

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Like everyone has said: Don't be trying to convince one another, no matter what you believe, nothing you will say will change someones mind, especially since they don't even know you. Advertising and books can go a long way to sway someones mind and how they think. Let me give you an example:

Bible: Teaches people that God does/did exist and you should follow him.
Crayola: Convinces people that Violets name is actually "Purple."

Long story short: Books and advertisements can be very misleading. I'm not saying God doesn't exist, it's just my opinion and my input.

EDIT: Believe what you want to believe, don't force it on other people and others will respect you.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
One more thing: I know its still unclear on why God doesn't step in to help us the way we THINK we need His help. I have something for you to think on:

Lets take a moment and, theoretically if you will, believe that if there is a God that exists and He loves us the way He says he does, why would he FORCE his love on us? If you get married to a woman who you force to 'love' you, what is there in that? Nothing but emptiness. You can't make a heart love another. God loves us, and so He gives us the freedom to choose. He wants what we want, which is a quite a romantic thing -- to place our wants above His very own. So, when we choose to be without God, deny His existence and say that we live our lives better without Him, He knows we're wrong, but He, in love, gives us what we want. He doesn't 'send' you to Hell, he GIVES YOU WHAT YOU WANT -- to be without Him eternally. That is what Hell is. A place where Satan and the minions of hell can torture you and taunt you all they want, with no interference from God -- until evil is destroyed, and everything not within the sight of the Lord is disintegrated in One word of His mouth.

Now, lets say, because God is so loving that being in His presence would fill us with such warmth and love that we couldn't possibly deny who He is and accept to be with Him forever. Why doesn't He just do that, then? Because that would negate His gift of freedom of choice. We wouldn't have choice at that point, because every negative, atheistic, blasphemous thought would be flushed out of us. We would have nothing but pure drunken love in front of the Lord. Why would He want to take our choice away? There's a lot to think about regarding this... I just don't want to mislead anyone.

It takes a lot more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a Christian. Evidence, even physical evidence, points to God. Keep that in mind!
Thank you for your words of wisdom I have a lot to learn being only 13. If I have any questions I'll ask for your help and as for in-game I would be very grateful to help you get started and supply you with equipment and housing

Keache
You sir are good at your religioning. ;)

Nah, I love Jesus with every fiber of my being. I'm not religious at all =) Keep in mind that religion is the act of repetitive prayers and monotonous actions to PROVE yourself worthy. I just love Jesus, talk to Him, let Him lead me to where I'm meant to be and carry out what He's put me here to do, and I fall even more in love with Him by the second. Don't ever try to be 'religious', as religion only throws you into a lake with cinder-blocks tied to your ankles letting you sink under the weight of what you can't live up to. Lift up your face! You'll find Him where He is =)

Thank you for your words of wisdom I have a lot to learn being only 13. If I have any questions I'll ask for your help and as for in-game I would be very grateful to help you get started and supply you with equipment and housing

Thank you! As you mature in Christ, you'll learn on your own with the help of the Lord what it means to be an apostle of His. You'll be able to fully understand why and how you've become a Saint in the eyes of God.

Like everyone has said: Don't be trying to convince one another, no matter what you believe, nothing you will say will change someones mind, especially since they don't even know you. Advertising and books can go a long way to sway someones mind and how they think. Let me give you an example:

Bible: Teaches people that God does/did exist and you should follow him.
Crayola: Convinces people that Violets name is actually "Purple."

Long story short: Books and advertisements can be very misleading. I'm not saying God doesn't exist, it's just my opinion and my input.

EDIT: Believe what you want to believe, don't force it on other people and others will respect you.

You're always entitled to your opinion, and it's imperative that you share it. I do want to challenge you though, out of love. Read the bible from Genesis to Revelations. A lot you won't understand (I'll volunteer to help you if you decide to do it), but I promise that by the end of the book of Revelations, you will be in Love with the great I AM.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Like everyone has said: Don't be trying to convince one another, no matter what you believe, nothing you will say will change someones mind, especially since they don't even know you.

Very true. Like what I said, worry less about trying to convert anyone and everyone, and more on embodying Christ (if that is what you believe. If that's not what you believe, well, it's still a pretty good thing to do I'm told). We've only got one life to live on this Earth; make it a good one for yourself, and a better one for others. For believers and non-believers: Be Happy

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I do want people to be followers. It's just that if you're not, then I encourage you to. If that fails, then the least you can do is try to be a better person for the sake of yourself and others. If you already are, then you're a good man. And if in the end we all stand before Him, I hope that you are one of the first he chooses to stay with him in Heaven.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Nah, I love Jesus with every fiber of my being. I'm not religious at all =) Keep in mind that religion is the act of repetitive prayers and monotonous actions to PROVE yourself worthy. I just love Jesus, talk to Him, let Him lead me to where I'm meant to be and carry out what He's put me here to do, and I fall even more in love with Him by the second. Don't ever try to be 'religious', as religion only throws you into a lake with cinder-blocks tied to your ankles letting you sink under the weight of what you can't live up to. Lift up your face! You'll find Him where He is =)

That's a good way to look at it. Religion is most of the time what you make of it I suppose. Holds true in many situations

Thanks for the words of inspiration I guess. :p
But until enough proof is valid for me to put some of my faith in a higher power, I'm putting all my faith in ShizzDawgg.

Look outside for your proof. I can't even begin to explain it all. Those stars in the sky were put there for me see every night. A flower growing out of the crack in a sidewalk... I'm going to pray fervently for You to find God. I want Him to wreck you from the inside out like a bull in a room full of fine china. I want to see Him turn that china to diamonds and gold. Once you let Him in, you'll feel loved even on your darkest days. I pray for you, man. If anything significant happens to you, that you think my prayers may have gotten through, please let me know as soon as you can and tell me about it. =)