• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I never really experienced religion growing up, not including baptism. The closest thing I've done in a church in 10 years has been giving a eulogy for my best friend. I think I believe in God, but I'm not sure. I'm probably going to be one of those people that has greater faith later in life, that's just my guess.

I never really experienced religion growing up, not including baptism. The closest thing I've done in a church in 10 years has been giving a eulogy for my best friend. I think I believe in God, but I'm not sure. I'm probably going to be one of those people that has greater faith later in life, that's just my guess.

Don't think you need to go to church to be a Christian. Church is awesome in your growth in Christ because you surround yourself with other believers. I know how eulogies are, I officiated my mothers funeral and was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. However, I promise you that God is real and alive and loves you more than anybody ever could. I'm going to pray for you, leftovers.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
If there was proof that God was real, it would destroy the entire purpose of Christianity. God wants you to make your own choice about what you want, and if it was obvious He was real, there wouldn't be a real choice. People that do put their faith into God often find a personal connection and they know in their heart He is real.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
If there was proof that God was real, it would destroy the entire purpose of Christianity. God wants you to make your own choice about what you want, and if it was obvious He was real, there wouldn't be a real choice. People that do put their faith into God often find a personal connection and they know in their heart He is real.

So then Christianity itself is all based off of human conscience and that the son of god is the portrayal of an alledged perfect human by the masses?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't identify with atheism because I strongly dislike the atheist communities that are often filled with bitter people. I know I'm generalizing, but some people become so fanatically atheist it's almost as bad as being fanatically religious.

I get mad when people think other people's beliefs are incorrect. Science is built on theories, just like religion.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I don't identify with atheism because I strongly dislike the atheist communities that are often filled with bitter people. I know I'm generalizing, but some people become so fanatically atheist it's almost as bad as being fanatically religious.
Yeah, I'll agree with this. Both communities have their fair shares of nutjobs.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
So then Christianity itself is all based off of human conscience and that the son of god is the portrayal of an alledged perfect human by the masses?

The way I see Jesus is as God's way of giving humanity a role model type figure. He simply shows and embodies what God wants to see in all of us. The connection with God is related to the human conscience, but I believe it is much more complex than that.

I get mad when people think other people's beliefs are incorrect. Science is built on theories, just like religion.

If atheism is right, I have nothing to lose. If Christianity is right, I have everything to gain. I know in my heart which is which =P

Saturday is the real day of the Sabbath, the 7th day. Just as the Shemitah is every 7 years. The 7th year was to be the sabbath year of rest. Either way, like I said you don't need to go to Church to be a Christian. Just because you don't go to AA meetings doesn't mean you aren't an alcoholic =P

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I honestly dont want to remove a thread if it's civil and intelligent - if it gets out of hand, we'll lock it. I see no reason why a civil, intelligent debate about religion (or lack there of) shouldn't be allowed.

Just to note:
The chances of you "Converting" someone to your belief online is slim. This goes for almost anything (religious or non-religious otherwise).
*Resisting urge to convert Kainzo into leftovers5ism*

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Saturday is the real day of the Sabbath, the 7th day. Just as the Shemitah is every 7 years. The 7th year was to be the sabbath year of rest. Either way, like I said you don't need to go to Church to be a Christian. Just because you don't go to AA meetings doesn't mean you aren't an alcoholic =P
Yeah, that's how my cousin is. She likes the teachings of Jesus but she thinks that organized religion seriously complicates things. I agree with her 100%.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I always saw the decline of the Holy Roman Empire, one of the largest empires known to man, into the Vatican City, the smallest independent nation in the world, as an extremely interesting occurrence.

Correct! The ONLY thing you need is a relationship with Christ. Everything will come from that. Everything. There is no performing... once you know who Christ really is, you start to love and live like Him, not perfectly might I add. All of this is based off of love and nothing else. God wanted to love, He created His creation to love and to be loved in return. We rebelled because we weren't God, but He loved us enough to die for us. So, in return, we love Him because He first loved us. It's all a cycle of love and nothing more. All of the laws are no longer valid -- we just live for Christ and the world gets better. Imagine if every human being loved the way they were made to love...

I don't appreciate you changing what I had posted. You need to post your own thoughts and not change mine. I do not worship a female Goddess, so please don't portray such a thing. I've reported the post.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't appreciate you changing what I had posted. You need to post your own thoughts and not change mine. I do not worship a female Goddess, so please don't portray such a thing. I've reported the post.
I have a question. By the way I mean this in all seriousness. Would you classify God the father is neither male nor female being a spirit, or is he a male being that Jesus and him are one and the same?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
If atheism is right, I have nothing to lose. If Christianity is right, I have everything to gain. I know in my heart which is which =P
Pascal's Wager is faulty. You know what you may have to lose by continuing on your path and end up being wrong in the end? The answer is an entire life dedicated to the Church (in your case you're a preacher) and it all kind of/sort of was a lie... like being Barry Bonds' biggest fan for so long and finding out he was nothing more than a juicebox.

I don't know your life, nor do I know any of your life experiences. I'm only guessing, but it is possible that you've been tempted to do things in your life through the years that are considered sinful that you stayed away from because you knew it wasn't what Jesus would want from you. If there ends up being no God you sort of lived your life limiting yourself on things you wanted to do out of faith that God exists.

Let's not forget either that you may have to be bang-on about Jesus too. If it turns out that God does exist, but only those who recognize Muhammed as the true prophet, you might be going to hell either way. Tough love.