• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
Well, I guess it better classified as an abnormality. excuse the way I put stuff on paper as well. Engilsh isn't quite my strong suit. What I ment was such an element with that perticuilar characteristic that we require to live is such a chance of becoming existent that what are the chances that god couldn't exist. Also, what's your major Ostadar ? I honor your knowledge of sciences!
When I was in college I was majoring in Computer Science/Networking. I just have a strong interest in Astronomy and things related to such.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Nice! I plan on getting the same majors, as well as well as getting multiple degrees inchemistey and physics. Maybe math and astronomy. Being homeschooled has its advantages, including doing 3 sciences at once, its the book right behind college degree classes. And I'm 15.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly, I'm not going to base my whole life off of a book (The Bible). I really can't trust a book 100% that has no scientific backing and could just be a myth. The bible was passed on through oral tradition before they decided to write it down and after playing telephone in my classes I know how that works. Who knows who even wrote the bible? Couldn't it have been a tool to control people like religion has been used over time (I'm refering to such things as Divine Right)? What's the difference between the Ancient Greek Gods and the current Gods we have today, why are they anymore real then the greek ones? The majority of children that live in religous areas such as America and the Middle East, are taught to believe in their religon since day one. In North Koreans kids are told that us from the US are terrible people from day one, they tell their that North Korea is the greatest and strongest nation even though they aren't, I'm not saying religion is a lie because usually the people who tell you that their God exists actually believe in them. I was taught to believe in the Christian God from day one as well, never even questioned if God didn't exist, such an idea couldn't take place in my head. But one day I realized that I don't feel a connection to some kind of divine being and that I never have. This is my view on religion and how I became a nonbeliever, so no hate plox.

yety175

Coal
B

BUT, water is a neccesity to life! And it just so happens that s an exeption. What percentage of actual elements have that characteristic? And I remembered the name of the name of the exception. Its hydrogen bonding. And chemists have no idea why it is so.
I think your all missing the point. Think about it like this: water didn't change for us in any way its been H2O since the start of time. We are on earth by chance. You are here because the conditions for life were met on our planet. There are millions of planets and by complete chance this is were we ended up.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly, I'm not going to base my whole life off of a book (The Bible). I really can't trust a book 100% that has no scientific backing and could just be a myth. The bible was passed on through oral tradition before they decided to write it down and after playing telephone in my classes I know how that works. Who knows who even wrote the bible? Couldn't it have been a tool to control people like religion has been used over time (I'm refering to such things as Divine Right)? What's the difference between the Ancient Greek Gods and the current Gods we have today, why are they anymore real then the greek ones? The majority of children that live in religous areas such as America and the Middle East, are taught to believe in their religon since day one. In North Koreans kids are told that us from the US are terrible people from day one, they tell their that North Korea is the greatest and strongest nation even though they aren't, I'm not saying religion is a lie because usually the people who tell you that their God exists actually believe in them. I was taught to believe in the Christian God from day one as well, never even questioned if God didn't exist, such an idea couldn't take place in my head. But one day I realized that I don't feel a connection to some kind of divine being and that I never have. This is my view on religion and how I became a nonbeliever, so no hate plox.
This is the best wall of text on this thread yet. +1

The reason religion is so successful is because people are taught to believe in their local religion since they're born.

yety175

Coal
This is the best wall of text on this thread yet. +1

The reason religion is so successful is because people are taught to believe in their local religion since they're born.
They try to brainwash you while your young.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I normally avoid religious conversations, since they too often spin out of control due to misunderstandings. This thread, however, has been admirably civil thus far.

I would like to suggest the following short story for your consideration:
http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Bob, I hope I am not hijacking your thread -- I'm hoping to add to it, actually. I'd be interesting in your thoughts about this story.

Also, Bob, if you ever get a chance (most likely in college), I would highly recommend taking a course in comparative religion. I found it fascinating, and very confirming in a way. Most world religions have the same core values, in my opinion. It is the cultural veneer that differs -- but it is that veneer that makes the religion accessible to the people of that area and time.
Interesting story that I enjoyed reading, but it hasn't changed my thoughts on religion at all I am sticking to what I believe because I KNOW Without a doubt that Jesus is real and everything in the bible is true.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like the herocraft forums were a bad place for this thread. It almost feels like your trying to provoke a Christianity vs. Atheism thread even though you say your not. I see no reason why this thread should have been posted.
When I first posted this I wanted this to not be just a fight between religions but a general call to come to Christianity because I care for all people and want to see them in heaven. I want this to help people get a general idea of Christianity and an introduction and if its Gods will he will work in your hearts and change you but ill be here to help along the way

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I honestly dont want to remove a thread if it's civil and intelligent - if it gets out of hand, we'll lock it. I see no reason why a civil, intelligent debate about religion (or lack there of) shouldn't be allowed.

Just to note:
The chances of you "Converting" someone to your belief online is slim. This goes for almost anything (religious or non-religious otherwise).
I understand this but maybe with this call when someone else tells them about it they will receive it better but even If I just saved one I would be overjoyed

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I've always wondered about this but if Adam and Eve were both white. How did we end up with all the other races of people. ve never read much out of the bible so mabey it is explained somewhere.
Kainzo has a point and I also believe that Adam and Eve had the alleles of all races but they were just recessive only to come out in a later generation

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Technically according to the Bible, Adam and Eve were the first humans. The other humans came after they were banned from the garden, and the Bible does not even tell you where they came from so it is just thought that they were the kids...we are all related!
Yep and recently they found out that in DNA it seems we all came from the same original humans

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
So now you're saying I'm wrong? I choose of my own will not to believe in a God that condones violence slavery and rape. I do what I believe to be best.
I understand that not all people can be changed and not all people will be christians but that's between you and God and its your loss not to believ in the end in all respect

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
It's n
its not just about living your life in accordance to The bible but about a PERSONAL relationship with god

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Wherea the proof there is not god? life itself is evidence of a god

The onus is on you to give me concrete evidence that there is a God. If I tell you that invisible monkeys from the planet Banzania created all of us out of boredom it is not my job to tell you "Prove to me I'm lying!"

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
The onus is on you to give me concrete evidence that there is a God. If I tell you that invisible monkeys from the planet Banzania created all of us out of boredom it is not my job to tell you "Prove to me I'm lying!"
We could go on and on trying to prove each other wrong, but I suggest you read the bible through then you may understand that there is concrete evidence that God is real when he calls you and everything in the bible is geographically corect where they could for example tell the Tower of Babel was there

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Wherea the proof there is not god? life itself is evidence of a god

To add onto this, life itself is NOT proof that there is a God. I'm assuming you're a creationist who believes that the Universe and everything that resides in it was created by your God. I've already seen your poor attempt to paraphrase what Atheists believe (that nothing was created out of nothing by noboby). If your belief is that "the Universe can't come out of nothing, so God must have created it" then who created God? Why is God exempt from that rule, but the Universe isn't?

I won't make a fool of myself and pretend like I know exactly how the Universe came about. All I am saying is that if your argument is "Something can't come out of nothing, so that is God's doing" then the next logical thought that SHOULD pop into your head is "Something (God) can't come out of nothing, so... wait, oops?".