• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Atheism means that you do not believe in a God or some supernatural power causing the universe to run. But is not what a religion means. A religion is a set of personal believes that you have placed you faith into, whether it is related to the supernatural or not. Here is a definition from merriam-webster.com for proof.
1a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion>

b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
Atheism is even protected under the first amendment of the united states and is recognized by the united states as a religion.
So it happens that me and EvilThor are not from US and here in Norway Atheism is of course not a religion. Atheism means that you are sure there is no God, agnostic means you are unsure wether a God excists or not. None of these two are religions however.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
So it happens that me and EvilThor are not from US and here in Norway Atheism is of course not a religion. Atheism means that you are sure there is no God, agnostic means you are unsure wether a God excists or not. None of these two are religions however.
This does not change the definition of what a religion is. Atheism falls under the 4th definition of religion given by merriam-webster. Everything any person does is based on the faith that their actions and ideas will be correct. You would not sit in a chair if you didn't have the faith that it would hold you up. You would not eat food if you did have the faith that is was not poisonous. You would not make decisions of whether to make a left turn or a right turn unless you had faith in your memory or directions. The same goes for Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Wiccanism, Druidism, and the whole slew of religions out there. Your faith runs your life and decisions.

yety175

Coal
I feel like the herocraft forums were a bad place for this thread. It almost feels like your trying to provoke a Christianity vs. Atheism thread even though you say your not. I see no reason why this thread should have been posted.

macura

Diamond
My opinion is that evolution and the big bang actually happened but that there was something that created it all.
Science=How
God=Why

If there was anything significant about Jesus and such, the message was lost along time ago, clouded by the church attempting to influence others with fear and arbitrary interpretation.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
My opinion is that evolution and the big bang actually happened but that there was something that created it all.
If there was anything significant about Jesus and such, the message was lost along time ago, clouded by the church attempting to influence others with fear and arbitrary interpretation.
^ This completely.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
In hindsight, should this thread be allowed to continue? I am sorry that I was a part of it but please check Rule 5.7 under Chat Rules people where it states:
Chat Rules
5 The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums: ...
5.7 Discussing religious/political views

Also Angyles can this be locked or something since it breaks a rule?

Link to Rules for Reference: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-online-service-rules.6159/

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I personally know that every thing god does/plans, is to bring you closer to him. God is loving, but he is righteous. Heaven is perfect. God will now allow unholiness into his palace. So he gave is only begotten son, so that he may forgive our sins. God took out his wrath on Jesus because of the sinfulness of man.

After many years, the church has mostly lost its meaning. A church now is a building, It is more then that, It is a gathering of believers. God created us to become jesus's bride. All who are believers are to be save by the time of the rapture.

I am very glad that Bob posted this, And to see how many people believe.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Science=How
God=Why

Have you done a biology course yet? The simplest amino acid has chance of being formed equivalent to getting git by lighting 1000 times in 1 day.

And we have thousands of amino acids in out body that are 10000 times for complex.

Also, macro evolution is not possible. It would require adding information to the genetic code.

EDIT: my bad, I miss read you post

yety175

Coal
Hey atheists if there was no god than there wouldn't be any atheists to argue if he is real. Checkmate le atheists.
This is like trying to prove unicorns exist by saying they must be real or you wouldn't be able to argue that they don't exist.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
That was not how I read the statement. He said, and I quote:
No offense to Jesus... but moving this to Offtopic.

Also - I have no issues with Religion or God.
He said nothing about this thread. Or it's involvement with that rule. Though I guess since he ignored the rule and moved to Offtopic he thinks it's a fine thread and that everyone should make a topic about their preferred religion, Right? =/

And if that isn't the post I want to see it.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
In hindsight, should this thread be allowed to continue? I am sorry that I was a part of it but please check Rule 5.7 under Chat Rules people where it states:
Chat Rules
5 The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums: ...
5.7 Discussing religious/political views

Also Angyles can this be locked or something since it breaks a rule?

Link to Rules for Reference: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-online-service-rules.6159/

Since Kainzo moved the thread and is allowing it, I am not going to close it at this time. If he felt it was going beyond the rules he would have closed it. However, it will be monitored.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Though I guess since he ignored the rule and moved to Offtopic he thinks it's a fine thread and that everyone should make a topic about their preferred religion, Right? =/

And if that isn't the post I want to see it.

To be fair, since this is allowed, if you wish to start a thread about your religion that would be fine, as long as decorum is kept.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
Since Kainzo moved the thread and is allowing it, I am not going to close it at this time. If he felt it was going beyond the rules he would have closed it. However, it will be monitored.
Okay, thank you Angyles. I just became worried about it when I double checked after actually posting.

As to the comment about posting more religion threads I was just being sarcastic, though I'm sure someone else might take up on that.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
From this thread it just sounds like god is a power hungry dick who forces his will.

NO! Definetly not this! As I have said, God made man to give his son a bride. And when Adam and eve ate the apple of good and evil, they disobeyed god, which is like disobeying your parents. They say that a artists last paining is his masterpiece. When god made eve, she was perfect, but disobeyed, him making her imperfect and sinful. Right now, god is working on his masterpiece, all the believers in this world, and the believers to come. He was the perfect bride for his perfect sonm.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I honestly dont want to remove a thread if it's civil and intelligent - if it gets out of hand, we'll lock it. I see no reason why a civil, intelligent debate about religion (or lack there of) shouldn't be allowed.

Just to note:
The chances of you "Converting" someone to your belief online is slim. This goes for almost anything (religious or non-religious otherwise).

yety175

Coal
I've always wondered about this but if Adam and Eve were both white. How did we end up with all the other races of people. ve never read much out of the bible so mabey it is explained somewhere.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I've always wondered about this but if Adam and Eve were both white. How did we end up with all the other races of people. ve never read much out of the bible so mabey it is explained somewhere.
That's just something that happened as humanity spread. Some people kind of trace the division to Noah's sons, but I think it would be silly if they were all different races themselves.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you and your entire family spend time in the sun... I think over thousands of years, your skin will darker. There's probably some more scientific thing about it.