• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Hmm.. i dont know hot to prove God is real to you guys.. but i looked up some of my old notes in school..
and there might be really an outside intelligence that formed the earth which we call a god..

1st of all our body is mostly made up of water and proteins..
i forgot the names of the scientist.. but a long time ago.. (i forgot the date too.. my notebook was really old, i think it was earlier than 1900) 2 scientists did an experiment so that they may have an idea how humans was created..
the 1st thing they thinked of was the human body is mostly made up of water and proteins.. they used the big bang theory as they're basis, this is the puzzling question they came up with..

For a human body to be created, it needs proteins and water.. so how did proteins form after the huge condensed explosion?..
they then tried to do an experiment..,
with the use of heat and electricity to make the atmosphere inside a huge potion-like bottle (i didnt know what it was) similar to a big bang
i did not write down the process on how they did it (yes i was a bad copier) , but they managed to create a protein, just 1 tiny bit.. but it died from the heat..
they repeated the process again and again.. until they came up with a more stable one that did not die..

Yes they managed to prove that proteins can be formed in a big bang.. but a human body requires a million proteins.. or even more.. and a single protein would just die on some time if it was left alone in the heat

the 2 scientists went to a conclusion that making this happen is near impossible..
forming a human body during a big bang is very near possible they added..

there was about 0.0 x 10^-(forgot what was the exponent >.>) that a human body made from stable proteins could be made

at the end they did not prove creation.. the formula they proposed was

Chance + Time = Life

.. but it was later contradicted by a scientist (again i forgot the names)
and gave his own opinion..

"A Plane is made up of Non-Flying parts, but yet it is able to fly,
why? because it was perfectly arranged to make it fly by an intelligent creature which is man"

so

"Man is made up of different substances, Substances that cant see/hear/talk/walk/work/grow. but yet man was able to see/hear/talk/walk/work/grow, why? because it was perfectly arranged to make it see/hear/talk/walk/work/grow by an intelligent creature which is god?"
Meaning

Chance + Time + OI (Outside Intelligence) = Life?

----
P.S: Man my notes are rusty.. those are what i came up from my old notebooks.. took me awhile to summarize them up, sorry for wrong grammars and spelling =P

P.P.S: im proud to be a follower

Pretty sure we had eyes to see with, mouth to communicate with, feet to walk with and body parts that would grow as we matured before we even evolved into modern humans. Nearly all animals has eyes, mouths, feet and growing body parts so I don't really get your point.

I'd also like to point out that planes does not have a mind of its own or have a place in the evolution as it's not in any form alive.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
Pretty sure we had eyes to see with, mouth to communicate with, feet to walk with and body parts that would grow as we matured before we even evolved into modern humans. Nearly all animals has eyes, mouths, feet and growing body parts so I don't really get your point.

For one, I'm familiar with the experiment quoted as I referenced its followers in my post. Secondly, his notes are largely bastardized either from his own lack of understanding while haphazardly writing down the notes without really understanding them or from the teacher's own lack of understanding, which either is believable from my point of view.

They didn't recreate the big bang, they were recreating early earth, before we even had surface water. The theory was that the proteins had to be made on earth, so when were they made? By modeling early earth's atmosphere they found it did positively make amino acids to form proteins, though later this experiment was discredited do to errors, but later more precise experiments would show similar results.

His point isn't really there to get because it's poorly founded.

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
well my point was there might be an Outside Intelligence that created us, which you guys call it as "god"..
because forming a human body on its own is nearly impossible..

btw my notes was teared and wrecked, i did not make up everything to exactly what they were.. but i tried to recall and compare them to the remaining words in my notes and managed to came up with that summary

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
There really is no way to prove much in religion. So I go by " Id rather spend my life on my feet than on my knees." Of course this doesn't mean that I think that everyone who believes does nothing but pray etc.
Put simply I'm not going to believe in something that I don't know for certain is real. That is why it's known as a faith, I wasn't raised around religion so I'd never really done anything religious and when I did I felt silly. So I ended up growing away from it even further.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
These wars arose from misinterpretations and perversions of religions largely. In many cases in Europe wars were started for political reasons, then justified by religion.
Thou shalt not kill, if followed, would result in no war. I couldn't argue with your post so I ignored it.

Stop beating around the bush. You still didn't answer my question. Either answer it or don't. Can you say there wouldn't have been less wars throughout history if it wasn't for religion? Oh and I fixed your post.

Here's a few religions wars you should take note of.
  • Thirty Years' War 1618-1648
  • French Wars of Religion 1562-1598
  • Nigerian Civil War 1967-1970
  • Second Sudanese Civil War 1983-2005
  • Crusades 1095-1291
  • Lebanese Civil War 1975-1990

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
well my point was there might be an Outside Intelligence that created us, which you guys call it as "god"..

btw my notes was teared and wrecked, i did not make up everything to exactly what they were.. but i tried to recall and compare them to the remaining words in my notes and managed to came up with that summary

Yeah, making a Human appear from just an atmosphere is pretty darn impossible.

That's why it started with small, tiny little cellular beings. There could have been trillions of different kinds, but only the ones who could reproduce themselves and acquire the nutrients to do so would continue in a sort of process of elimination. One way of obtaining nutrient energy was to convert the energy around them, such as heat and light, into a usable form, compounds that cause exothermic reactions when broken down. This is the basis of photosynthesis which had a side effect of altering the atmosphere from being toxic for us into a more oxygen rich form. Once Earth reached this stage new mutations became viable, similar to buffing certain items to make a champion more viable in league, and these mutations led to Animals who start small and in the water and gradually come onto land and eventually become us. I think the best way to explain it is like hitting a bulls eye with a shotgun. A shotgun is by no means accurate, but it throws so many different shrapnel pieces that by sheer numbers you can believe it could hit regardless of who tries. Evolution works because so many different mutations happen and if one sticks it becomes an evolution. 1-2 genes will change per generation as a genetic fact. These can be beneficial, life threatening, or even pointless, but over thousands of changes you could likely end up with something pretty different, or just keep roughly the same. I suppose people prefer to think there's something there to control their life and that everything was planned, but I don't think the proverbial "Crap shoot of life" isn't a well-founded concept that people should consider, that maybe it not what God planned, but kinda what just happened.

MrFly007

Portal
Most of you seem to forget a vital part of all of us, that we are not puppets. We have freewill which, being as we are, turn into excuses to corrupt and destroy. The half of you that do not follow god blame him for things which you don't even believe in.

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
So you are telling me that at one time alot of mutations happened causing evolution.. and when humans was formed and all the animals and living things was created.. the evolution halted on its own?

or so if you say that the organisms will adapt to the environment and try to evolve, couldnt the other planet's organisms do that too and have a human version of their own?

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
So you are telling me that at one time alot of mutations happened causing evolution.. and when humans was formed and all the animals and living things was created.. the evolution halted on its own?

or so if you say that the organisms will adapt to the environment and try to evolve, couldnt the other planet's organisms do that too and have a human version of their own?
We don't know of any planets with life...
Most of you seem to forget a vital part of all of us, that we are not puppets. We have freewill which, being as we are, turn into excuses to corrupt and destroy. The half of you that do not follow god blame him for things which you don't even believe in.
Religion is what influenced humans to do certain acts, ofc humans still chose to do so.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!

Evolution hasn't halted. It's happening as we speak, but as I said, it's a 1-2 gene per generation thing and considering a significant mutation can take from 1x10^3 to 1x10^10 genes changed it takes a damn long time for a species to really change beyond it's genus.

As far as why there isn't more sentience, as I'm supposing you mean by "human version", that's partly because of pretty specific events that came about both in evolution and in life changes. Going backward to our early evolutionary ancestors who started the genus Sapiens, we find much smaller brains and an omnivore who preferred eating fruits and nuts over other animals. Despite their brains being much smaller than ours, they still had an extraordinarily large brain to body ratio in comparison to other animals. They lived in social packs much like Chimps though their ability to use objects as tools was more refined than chimps. Then some of these Sapiens began a shift in diet, finding the small rodents being a good source of food and not that bad of a taste either. They ate more meat which increased the fats in their diet. The brain is composed mostly of fat and as the intelligent mammal consumed more fats their brains began to swell more and more and the diet affected their offspring. Then, Sapiens who were better suited to eat and digest meats and make use of fat and glycogen(the compound made from fat that we turn into energy) has better chances of survival and had much larger cerebral cortices that began to not just master the use of tools but contemplate their emotions and thoughts instead of simply acting on then. Survival and Fat pretty much turned an animal already on the brighter side of the animal kingdom into the smartest creature to be produced on earth. Evolution isn't an easy or quick process and it has many variables. Our sentience is a pretty unique phenomenon that would be difficult to reproduce even in another hundred million years.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
(Going to hold off swearing, but only becuase I feel it would be disrespectful towards bob_de_blastoise 's post, also I have no spell check on this computer, so I will be misspelling a good number of words.)

Look, I can see this is up to 20 pages, and at first I was suprisingly impressed how mature the first couple of posts were, but I didn't make it through the first page before the smart-alecks started going off.

Regardless what you believe, whether it be science, god, jedism, or fairies, you all need to learn that in the end, it really doesn't matter.

Now, I have been the asshole athiest, judging people for being "foolish enough to believe such crap". As I grew older, I began to see things as they really were. Religion might seem silly to some of us, but do you know what they have that we don't? Faith. Hope. An optimistic end to look forward. I grew to envy that, becuase the thought that one day I would be nothing was hard to bare. Seriously, imagine not existing, being forgotten, never to be thought of again. The likelyhood of any of our names being remembered in history is slim to none.

The point I am trying to make is, going out of your way to point at the flaws of another's religious beliefs is petty. Its nothing more then trying to prove how right you think you are. It is one thing to have a philisophical debate about religion and beliefs and its another to ask stupid questions just to make a point. One is an intelligent conversation, the other is just being a jerk for the sake of it.

Before you continue to post here, please think about what it is you are going to say, are you saying it becuase you are truely curious? Then reword it to make sure what you are saying is n't taken as an attack. If you just want to bash on Christianity, why bother? What do you really get out of that?

Remember, just becuase 1 person did soemthing stupid in the name of a religion, does not mean that everyone of that religion is guilty of that crime.

bob_de_blastoise, You were brave to post your beliefs here, I hope the community hasn't been too harsh.

Sincerely,
Micheal, the Jedi.

P.S.

You CANNOT make someone believe in your religion. That is something each person must do themselves. Trying to prove others that their beliefs are wrong and that yours are better is just as petty as attacking anothers beliefs to be a pain.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Stop beating around the bush. You still didn't answer my question. Either answer it or don't. Can you say there wouldn't have been less wars throughout history if it wasn't for religion? Oh and I fixed your post.

Here's a few religions wars you should take note of.
  • Thirty Years' War 1618-1648
  • French Wars of Religion 1562-1598
  • Nigerian Civil War 1967-1970
  • Second Sudanese Civil War 1983-2005
  • Crusades 1095-1291
  • Lebanese Civil War 1975-1990
No but I believe that I can say that without religions guiding our violence things would have been much worse. The people who fought those wars were not properly religious.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
No but I believe that I can say that without religions guiding our violence things would have been much worse. The people who fought those wars were not properly religious.

Your argument infuriates me. I just can't comprehend how you rationalize all of this. I'm going to continue to be atheist and live my life to its fullest. You only get one life and I refuse to waste it worshiping some god that doesn't exist. You enjoy living in your world of delusions.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

During the crusades, they were the most pieous people of their time. Their faith to God was so strong that they heard his command of taking back the ''Holy Lands'' for him, so they did. I'm sure they praised God as they cannibalized their way trough the middle east. It's okay because the muslims had taken the chosen people's homeland.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3

Look at this in another way..
The universe are by most theories larger than our mind can think of, and it bends in dimentions we can't see in..
And if no matter what the formula of creating life is would it always happend because the universe is unlimited (most likely).

And evolution was not something witch hapend over night. It took many million years before life even became multi celled things..

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
The point I am trying to make is, going out of your way to point at the flaws of another's religious beliefs is petty. Its nothing more then trying to prove how right you think you are. It is one thing to have a philisophical debate about religion and beliefs and its another to ask stupid questions just to make a point. One is an intelligent conversation, the other is just being a jerk for the sake of it.

Before you continue to post here, please think about what it is you are going to say, are you saying it becuase you are truely curious? Then reword it to make sure what you are saying is n't taken as an attack. If you just want to bash on Christianity, why bother? What do you really get out of that?

Did I really need to quote this right after he said it? Because for some reason I feel I do. Cough cough

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Your argument infuriates me. I just can't comprehend how you rationalize all of this. I'm going to continue to be atheist and live my life to its fullest. You only get one life and I refuse to waste it worshiping some god that doesn't exist. You enjoy living in your world of delusions.

Religions, when they teach violence, create violence when followed. Religions, when they preach peace, create peace when followed. The vast majority of human religions preach peace, and if followed would result in peace. Christianity is a religion that preaches peace. If you lived as a good christian, loving others and forgiving others, that would indeed be a very admirable thing.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
During the crusades, they were the most pieous people of their time. Their faith to God was so strong that they heard his command of taking back the ''Holy Lands'' for him, so they did. I'm sure they praised God as they cannibalized their way trough the middle east. It's okay because the muslims had taken the chosen people's homeland.

They would shout "Deus Veult" or "god wills it". This was the teaching of the times. A corrupt clergy, a political pope, and nobility who wanted land, glory, and riches. Many believed that by "defiling" the holy land, the muslims were lost to God. Thats just one way the church could manipulate things. To open up something else, Im surprised there has been little clashing between catholic and protestant here yet.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
They would shout "Deus Veult" or "god wills it". This was the teaching of the times. A corrupt clergy, a political pope, and nobility who wanted land, glory, and riches. Many believed that by "defiling" the holy land, the muslims were lost to God. Thats just one way the church could manipulate things. To open up something else, Im surprised there has been little clashing between catholic and protestant here yet.
Land and riches was a large part of christianity back then anyway.