• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

It doesn't make sense when put against what the scriptures say and the entire message of the Gospel. This is why instead of debating on here, you should really read the bible completely. You can't pick and choose what you want from it and form it to what you want it to say. Scriptures reference Scriptures, and you cannot fully start to come to an intelligent understanding of them until you've read the entire Bible. You can't tell me you have, because these questions are answered explicitly. What bothers me about people who mock and persecute Christianity is their laziness in actually learning what it's about and reading the Word we base our lives off of. You can't pick up a textbook, pick and choose different snippets of what it says and claim to be an expert on the subject. Not even after reading the entire textbook can you claim to be an expert. You read it, you study it, you reflect on it, and you experience it. So, until each and every one of you do that, I hold your argument as unintelligent, unsupported, and completely irrelevant. I don't mean this as an insult, but I call it as I see it. Stop claiming to know so much about my God when you clearly haven't given yourself a chance to educate yourself on the matter.

Also, because this thread has now gone sour, I'm removing myself from it. I hope you all find what you're looking for and know that prayers will be said for each of you.

God Bless.
I'm sorry, but you cant disprove science with faith. In the terms of human perspective there are pretty much an infinite amount of galaxies each filled with billions and billions of stars an planets, and according to the bible, saying that god created our planet just to make humans is pretty ignorant. The bible says earth is 6000 years old, meanwhile science has proof that it is at least 4.5 billion years old. Evolution is also said to be non existent, once again science has proof that gene frequency within a given population changes over time. Now I don't know if it's just me, but when something tends to get disproven on numerous occasions it makes me question the credibility of the remaining information. But hey the good thing about science is whether you believe in it or not, it's still there.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Plz stop argueing on this thread. You can watch it and tag along paying attention if you want, but plz just stop the argueing it will go on back and forth forever. Don't try to disprove each other and only post if you truly want to learn more about God or for fellowship. Thx!:)

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
Christianity and other religions are not the same,
Christianity is not a religion to begin with..
it is faith,

i know it is hard to believe in someone or in something that cant be seen,
i too have those doubts..
each year passes.. more and more questions fill my mind..
but this year.. i have encountered a question i cannot solve alone..
"God knows everything, from past to future right?, so if he does .. why did he create humans if he knows that in the future those humans will betray him?"

that is the most puzzling question i have encountered.. i am still proud to say to myself im a Christian.. i still have strong faith.. but that question is slowly chipping it away..

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Order of creation contradiction
Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1), the Priestly tradition:
Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)
Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."
The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:
Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

Jesus' last words contradiction
MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

The bible is just full of contradictions like these.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I have gone through and deleted some posts. If you do not like this thread, do not click, do not read it, and do NOT post in it.

If you troll you will receive a forum ban, so knock it off and let people discuss this as they choose.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Order of creation contradiction
Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1), the Priestly tradition:
Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)
Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."
The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:
Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

Jesus' last words contradiction
MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

The bible is just full of contradictions like these.

You also have to take into account that the bible was not written by a single person so stories and accounts will vary from person to person especially if they're not recorded straight after the event.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I've never been very Religious, in a way I used to believe but I simply forgot about it, and now I find it hard to believe in something that if I dont I'll be eternally dammned.
(Sorry for the bad type in here, early morning

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I've never been very Religious, in a way I used to believe but I simply forgot about it, and now I find it hard to believe in something that if I dont I'll be eternally dammned.
(Sorry for the bad type in here, early morning

I personally don't believe but I was just pointing out stuff =p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I just get annoyed with all of those Atheists vs Religious battles, they say the same thing over and over.

It is understandable considering it usually boils down to the same childish banter back and forth between both sides.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
It is understandable considering it usually boils down to the same childish banter back and forth between both sides.

I used to be one of those people, didnt want to start anything similar to that here

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Acherous's explanation only makes sense as well if you take Genesis as a literal historical record, which many christians do not. Even early Popes and Saints warned against taking the bible as literal fact.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Also, dinosaurs disprove Christianity as it proves not only that earth is over 6000 years old but also fossil evidence shows there is no way humans could have lived at the same time as dinosaurs as most Creationists claim. The reference to an animal called 'gargantua' or whatever it said in the Bible, matches closer to the description of a Giraffe.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Also, dinosaurs disprove Christianity as it proves not only that earth is over 6000 years old but also fossil evidence shows there is no way humans could have lived at the same time as dinosaurs as most Creationists claim. The reference to an animal called 'gargantua' or whatever it said in the Bible, matches closer to the description of a Giraffe.
Acherous's explanation only makes sense as well if you take Genesis as a literal historical record, which many christians do not. Even early Popes and Saints warned against taking the bible as literal fact.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
It doesn't disprove Christianity one bit, neither does it disprove creationism. It does, however, disprove the 'Young Earth' theory.