• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
When I was playing a wizard I never had ANY mana problems what so ever unless I was using AoE. As long as you're not using mana on AE attacks you should never run out of mana. Atleast that was my experience of wizards for the whole of last map when we didn't have our mana pool doubled.

Replenish last I checked had a mana cost of 1 with a 1 minute cooldown. Which meant by the time you used all your mana chances were Replenish was off cooldown again. Unless you were spamming fireball like a retard and missing most the time.

So imo adding consume to wizards won't add much too the class. Especially when consume only give you like 10 mana which isn't enough to cast any spells.

macura

Diamond
When I was playing a wizard I never had ANY mana problems what so ever unless I was using AoE. As long as you're not using mana on AE attacks you should never run out of mana. Atleast that was my experience of wizards for the whole of last map when we didn't have our mana pool doubled.

Replenish last I checked had a mana cost of 1 with a 1 minute cooldown. Which meant by the time you used all your mana chances were Replenish was off cooldown again. Unless you were spamming fireball like a retard and missing most the time.

So imo adding consume to wizards won't add much too the class. Especially when consume only give you like 10 mana which isn't enough to cast any spells.
I think that along with the mana buff, came a much higher mana cost for every skill. My point was that icebolt takes a lot of mana, while doing almost no damage and it is extremely inconsistent.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think that along with the mana buff, came a much higher mana cost for every skill. My point was that icebolt takes a lot of mana, while doing almost no damage and it is extremely inconsistent.
Maybe so but 10 extra mana every 20 seconds isn't going to make the slightest difference.

macura

Diamond
I personally think that runeblades need a little bit of a nerf, in their one skill and in iceblade. Their one skill is currently lasting 20 seconds and because they use a mixture of both stamina and mana it is always able to be activated when off cd. They also have duskblade which gives them an overall 180 damage (deal 120 and heals for 60) upperhand on their opponent which is on an only 10 second cd. They then have iceblade which slows for 3.5s and does 154 damage on a 12 second cd. One of the problems i see with this is that each of these skills have almost no stamina cost (except for one) so they are all able to be used within a very short amount of time, back to back.

For one:
I think that the stamina cost is good where it is but i think that the duration needs to be nerfed. Having a 20 second one in combination with a 3.5s slow from iceblade which does 154 damage makes it impossible for them to be killed by a caster spec. I would lower the duration of the one to 15 seconds.

Iceblade: I think that the slow is great, but the 154 damage that hits through armor is a little excessive for a slow this good. I would put it around 80-100 damage. However i also think that a little higher stamina cost would be good to blance this out. The stamina cost is only 4, i don't see how runeblades could ever run out of stamina during a fight. I would raise it to 6.

Duskblade: I think that the only thing that should be changed about this is the stamina cost, i think it should be raised from 2 stamina to 5 stamina, i think that in general the stamina costs for runeblades are far too low.

So in general i think that when runeblades were buffed before because they were a little underplayed we gave them a little too much love.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Sorry for the lack of in depth comments/explanations from me lately, I'm mega busy with school and I'm getting decimated by this 4 day Model Congress "field trip" in which I have to commute early and get home late.

macura

Diamond
Random suggestions:

Cleric: They are far too good at 1v1s for being a support class, because of smite and their insane heals/tankiness they are very hard to kill for almost all specs. I think that their iron chestplate should be replaced with a chain chestplate.

Beguiler: They don't really have that many damaging skills, i think that lowering the cd on fireball to 4s instead of 5 would be good for them.

Necromancers: Necromancers have too high of hp partially because of their heals and partially because of that they just have a really high max hp for a caster spec. Their dots make it difficult to run, and because of all of these things they can literally go face to face with rogue specs. Drainsoul heals them during a fight probably around 180-240 hp. Their max hp is 900. This gives them around 1080hp in a fight to 1140 hp in a fight. Their dots make it difficult to run and in combination with hitting people away with a hoe it is crazy. You take so many damage ticks that it is easy for them to knock a person away with their hoe.
My suggestion is to lower their max hp to around 830-840. With the heals that they get during the fight, i don't think that they need this incredibly high hp pool.

Dreadknight: They are destroying all other specs at the moment (other than most caster specs). Maybe reduce the duration of curse from 10s to 7s and lower the stamina cost from 8 to 7.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Random suggestions:

Cleric: They are far too good at 1v1s for being a support class, because of smite and their insane heals/tankiness they are very hard to kill for almost all specs. I think that their iron chestplate should be replaced with a chain chestplate.

Beguiler: They don't really have that many damaging skills, i think that lowering the cd on fireball to 4s instead of 5 would be good for them.

Necromancers: Necromancers have too high of hp partially because of their heals and partially because of that they just have a really high max hp for a caster spec. Their dots make it difficult to run, and because of all of these things they can literally go face to face with rogue specs. Drainsoul heals them during a fight probably around 180-240 hp. Their max hp is 900. This gives them around 1080hp in a fight to 1140 hp in a fight. Their dots make it difficult to run and in combination with hitting people away with a hoe it is crazy. You take so many damage ticks that it is easy for them to knock a person away with their hoe.
My suggestion is to lower their max hp to around 830-840. With the heals that they get during the fight, i don't think that they need this incredibly high hp pool.

Dreadknight: They are destroying all other specs at the moment (other than most caster specs). Maybe reduce the duration of curse from 10s to 7s and lower the stamina cost from 8 to 7.

Only thing I agree with here is that Clerics need looked at. As far as Beguilers go, I think Beguile needs a longer cd.[DOUBLEPOST=1354299828,1354298909][/DOUBLEPOST]In class right now, I'll elaborate in a little bit, sorry.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Only thing I agree with here is that Clerics need looked at. As far as Beguilers go, I think Beguile needs a longer cd.[DOUBLEPOST=1354299828,1354298909][/DOUBLEPOST]In class right now, I'll elaborate in a little bit, sorry.
Beguile was increased to 10s from 6s.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think we could lower Dreadknight Damage per level on their axe to .3 instead of .4. Would make a reduction from 63 damage to 57

Still brainstorming for Cleric's. First thing I noticed, if the Wiki is correct, they have 1ooo max hp. I will check when I can get on and see if this is true, if so we may be able to lower it somewhat. Other than that I was thinking maybe lowering the damage of Smite. I'll get some exacts when I can get on.

c12095

Holy Shit!
The silence is intended... its the way the skill was designed, yes it is possible to remove it.

I think we might need to remove the silence from it then. Being stuck when you know a 350+ damage is nuke coming is bad enough. The silence is adding insult to injury.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I think we might need to remove the silence from it then. Being stuck when you know a 350+ damage is nuke coming is bad enough. The silence is adding insult to injury.
Agreed. Otherwise, I do like that you can't hop off the pig now.[DOUBLEPOST=1355094747,1354825359][/DOUBLEPOST]I want to test bat fury if anyone is online.

faredX

Gold
Pyro's Firewave seems abit strange. The description of it is to deal 133 damage in all directions, however more then 5 of the fireballs tends to hit you dealing over 500 damage.

macura

Diamond
Pyro's Firewave seems abit strange. The description of it is to deal 133 damage in all directions, however more then 5 of the fireballs tends to hit you dealing over 500 damage.
On the wiki it is to shoot X amount of fireballs in all directions dealing 133 damage each. Not sure what it is in-game though. If there was a change that needed to be made i think that the wiki description would suffice.[DOUBLEPOST=1355363383,1355363336][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone else think that bard's accelerando should go back to speed 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.