• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

faredX

Gold
I've experienced facing a ranger in the past, however their bow was enchanted, perhaps power II. With ice arrow, the enchanted power sended myself plunging back but due to the slowness of the ice arrow, I seem to lag back to my original position. As this repeats in a loop, this skill is highly skilled; one of the ways you can escape is to disarm them. I agree with having ice arrow to be nerfed. As they are already capable of a few other significant skills such as track.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I've experienced facing a ranger in the past, however their bow was enchanted, perhaps power II. With ice arrow, the enchanted power sended myself plunging back but due to the slowness of the ice arrow, I seem to lag back to my original position. As this repeats in a loop, this skill is highly skilled; one of the ways you can escape is to disarm them. I agree with having ice arrow to be nerfed. As they are already capable of a few other significant skills such as track.
If IceArrow is to be nerfed, we need the nerfed version of arrowstorm back. Not all rangers use punch II, and it's very unfair to justify a nerf based on an enchantment. If you don't like the enchantment, suggest removing it rather than nerfing a skill that augments it.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Rangers are perfectly balanced in my opinion, rarely do I see people get stuck in place with ice arrows, rangers are supposed to be master's in 1v1s, which ice arrow allows them to be.

macura

Diamond
For DK i suggest some block-range change for their skills.

Decay: 5 blocks (down from 7)
Harmtouch: 3 blocks (down from 7)
Terror: 9 blocks (up from 7)

I think that a range nerf for decay would be beneficial because 7 blocks is a really far range for a non-caster spec attack, especially for something with no warmup and a very low stamina cost. The low stamina cost is relevant to the range because if a person is chasing someone they might try to get off a skill, but be force to endure the penalty of not being able to run, due to low stamina bars.

I believe that harmtouch needs a large range nerf, because it is currently not being used as a nuke and is instead being used as a fail-safe. Harmtouch is now almost exclusively being used if the person realizes towards the end of the fight that they are not going to win. This is expecially problematic because empathy does not use stamina, only mana, so both of these skills can be used back to back. This combo does not have a warmup, has a 7 block range, and does around 450 (i think, not sure what HT damage is precisely atm). I do not think that empathy needs a range nerf because it is how DK typically catch people. I know that this same situation could occur because of empathy's slowing effect, but i think that this would make it far less worse.

I think that terror should get a range buff because i rarely see people using it and it is in general a somewhat useless level 60 skill. I think that the combination of a warmup and a low block range make it extremely hard to get off before the person runs out of range. A range buff would help DKs use this skill.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

I think that a range nerf for decay would be beneficial because 7 blocks is a really far range for a non-caster spec attack, especially for something with no warmup and a very low stamina cost. The low stamina cost is relevant to the range because if a person is chasing someone they might try to get off a skill, but be force to endure the penalty of not being able to run, due to low stamina bars.

I believe that harmtouch needs a large range nerf, because it is currently not being used as a nuke and is instead being used as a fail-safe. Harmtouch is now almost exclusively being used if the person realizes towards the end of the fight that they are not going to win. This is expecially problematic because empathy does not use stamina, only mana, so both of these skills can be used back to back. This combo does not have a warmup, has a 7 block range, and does around 450 (i think, not sure what HT damage is precisely atm). I do not think that empathy needs a range nerf because it is how DK typically catch people. I know that this same situation could occur because of empathy's slowing effect, but i think that this would make it far less worse.

I think that terror should get a range buff because i rarely see people using it and it is in general a somewhat useless level 60 skill. I think that the combination of a warmup and a low block range make it extremely hard to get off before the person runs out of range. A range buff would help DKs use this skill.
Not sure if the terror range increase is necessary, but I can agree with the Decay and Harmtouch revisions.

c12095

Holy Shit!

I agree with this, excpet I think Terror could lose its Warm-Up and keep its Range. It really is a good idea, just not extremely useful. Its a high Mana, Low Range, Medium Warp-up spell, not something you see a lot of DK's using. I will use it to protect allies, however I usually don't take the time to cast it in normal fights unless I really need to, far too much mana to toss around on normal occasions.

macura

Diamond
I agree with this, excpet I think Terror could lose its Warm-Up and keep its Range. It really is a good idea, just not extremely useful. Its a high Mana, Low Range, Medium Warp-up spell, not something you see a lot of DK's using. I will use it to protect allies, however I usually don't take the time to cast it in normal fights unless I really need to, far too much mana to toss around on normal occasions.
I think that having terror being an insta-cast while retaining its range is a little too large of a buff. I think that havig it at a .5s warmup would make it far better, but not too easy to get off.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think that having terror being an insta-cast while retaining its range is a little too large of a buff. I think that havig it at a .5s warmup would make it far better, but not too easy to get off.

If you lower Decay Range we need something to compensate for our lack of Range targeting.

macura

Diamond
If you lower Decay Range we need something to compensate for our lack of Range targeting.
But if there was no warmup then it would be almost impossible for the dk not to be able to get all of their dots off at the very beginning of the fight, while taking almost no damage.

c12095

Holy Shit!
But if there was no warmup then it would be almost impossible for the dk not to be able to get all of their dots off at the very beginning of the fight, while taking almost no damage.

You take Decay that low and you won't see any dots on the target until we have to waste an Empathy to get next to them. 7 blocks slow/blind is still much less than a root would be, considering its also followed by an icebolt... Trust me Macura, I know the class.

c12095

Holy Shit!
macura I think this was what we discussed last night, correct me im wrong.

Decay-5 block range

Harmtouch-3 block range

Terror-lower duration to 5 from 6, remove warmup.

macura

Diamond
macura I think this was what we discussed last night, correct me im wrong.

Decay-5 block range

Harmtouch-3 block range

Terror-lower duration to 5 from 6, remove warmup.
That sounds about right, but i think that we also agreed on a cd inscrease to 20.

c12095

Holy Shit!
That sounds about right, but i think that we also agreed on a cd inscrease to 20.

I think your right. Did wizards ever receive that lower reagent cost for blink? Also, I think that icebolt is too high damage. It's currently 147, what do you feel would be a more respectable number?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Also Kainzo I feel like Alchemist has too long a cooldown on transmute, it's 2 minutes a believe. That is an extremely long cd for the work they do. Skills like deconstruct or forgechain have a fraction of the cooldown transmuteore has, while being just as useful. I don't think it's fair to make Alchemist work so much harder, crafter specs should be enjoyable.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Also Kainzo I feel like Alchemist has too long a cooldown on transmute, it's 2 minutes a believe. That is an extremely long cd for the work they do. Skills like deconstruct or forgechain have a fraction of the cooldown transmuteore has, while being just as useful. I don't think it's fair to make Alchemist work so much harder, crafter specs should be enjoyable.
Yes, that's something that wont be changing - it's to keep certain things in check. Conversion rates, economy, gold intake, etc. Since when is waiting an extra 1.5mins working "so much harder" ?
Comparing Forge and Deconstruct to Transmute is apples/oranges. They are different. If anything I think the cd should be increased the materials should be less rewarding.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Yes, that's something that wont be changing - it's to keep certain things in check. Conversion rates, economy, gold intake, etc. Since when is waiting an extra 1.5mins working "so much harder" ?
Comparing Forge and Deconstruct to Transmute is apples/oranges. They are different. If anything I think the cd should be increased the materials should be less rewarding.

It's the fact that they are unable to do anything else while doing it. No one with half a brain will walk around with stacks of iron ore and gold(from transmuting it) they stay inside and wait for that timer. It's extremely time consuming and I can see why it's a constant point of complaints from Alchemist.

Do they have a level 60 skill planned? If not, what about a multiple transmute skill with a longer cd?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I feel alchemist has a lot to do, even while waiting on transmute CD.
They have over 15-20 recipes for the cauldron.
They can create numerous potions.
If you want to hop on board and start coding a transmute skill... I may be able to come up with a transmute skill - but dont bank on it being 'soon'.

Status
Not open for further replies.