• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I feel alchemist has a lot to do, even while waiting on transmute CD.
They have over 15-20 recipes for the cauldron.
They can create numerous potions.
If you want to hop on board and start coding a transmute skill... I may be able to come up with a transmute skill - but dont bank on it being 'soon'.

Just making sure the issues are known. Yes they have a lot they CAN do, while potions are extremely useful they are also mass produced, and cauldron recipes are only really used on a small scale. They lost their best market, Chainmail, to Smiths.

macura

Diamond
I think your right. Did wizards ever receive that lower reagent cost for blink? Also, I think that icebolt is too high damage. It's currently 147, what do you feel would be a more respectable number?
I think a better damage for wizard icebolt would be around 70-80, low because it is a cc, but not too small because it is not always easy to hit. Ya and i really agree with the lower reageant cost for blink, i have literally gone through around 3 double chests full of redstone lol.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just making sure the issues are known. Yes they have a lot they CAN do, while potions are extremely useful they are also mass produced, and cauldron recipes are only really used on a small scale. They lost their best market, Chainmail, to Smiths.
yeah.... Alchemist can still make chainmail ...
macura, blitz is part of the ninjitsu, ninja-magic.
Read up on Final Fantasy IV lore for the spiritual design background.

Balance Team
Your role is to not create new skills - you can use the suggestion forums to do so. It is to balance the skills currently granted.

macura

Diamond
yeah.... Alchemist can still make chainmail ...
macura, blitz is part of the ninjitsu, ninja-magic.
Read up on Final Fantasy IV lore for the spiritual design background.
O ok, i didn't play that game so i didn't know.
Edit: I'm sorry, i will go re-read the balance team guidelines again.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
c12095
While yes Smiths can make it cheaper, Alchemists are capable of making large amounts of chain mail faster due to the lack of mana costs.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Noted, Kain. Made a suggestion post about the implementation of Creeper/Skeleton/Zombie heads for Alchemist. ;)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Kain, this is somewhat of a paraphrase from a healer suggestion thread post I made, but do Bloodmages/Disciples really fall into the category of 33% self heal nerf? Cleric no question needed it, Mystic as well (however, probably at this point in its development it's unnecessary). Bloodmages shouldn't get a heal nerf because they're a class based around healing themselves and leeching from others selfishly. Disciples should have GOTTEN a nerf, but not to a 33% extent - I was thinking of reducing the nerf to 10-20%.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Are alchemists still able to stack the chain?
Nope. But the highish mana costs of making chain mail significantly slow how fast smiths can produce it.
Kain, this is somewhat of a paraphrase from a healer suggestion thread post I made, but do Bloodmages/Disciples really fall into the category of 33% self heal nerf? Cleric no question needed it, Mystic as well (however, probably at this point in its development it's unnecessary). Bloodmages shouldn't get a heal nerf because they're a class based around healing themselves and leeching from others selfishly. Disciples should have GOTTEN a nerf, but not to a 33% extent - I was thinking of reducing the nerf to 10-20%.
Leaching skills are not effected by the healing nerf. ALL self heals do less healing but Drainsoul etc aren't healing abilities thus are un-effected by the nerf.

macura

Diamond
Nope. But the highish mana costs of making chain mail significantly slow how fast smiths can produce it.
Ok, the mana cost is large i guess. I just never noticed it because i am a wizard and i have alot of mana.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Ok, the mana cost is large i guess. I just never noticed it because i am a wizard and i have alot of mana.
Yea wizard/smith and mystic/smith are probably the exceptions to my previous statement. Maybe Beguiler and Bard too.

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
Guys, i have been watching some of the rangers around the server and it seems like the nerd was just to much. They don't do enough damage to kill someone from what i see.

faredX

Gold
Rangers have quite a number of useful abilities such as; Track - Can track people down (In a group would be the best choice) and Ice arrow - Able to paralyze someone on the touch of the arrow, as they rapidly use ice arrows, the opponent would be helpless, therefore rangers are capable of murdering people. Perhaps not too strong to match specs such as Paladins and dread knights.

macura

Diamond
Rangers have quite a number of useful abilities such as; Track - Can track people down (In a group would be the best choice) and Ice arrow - Able to paralyze someone on the touch of the arrow, as they rapidly use ice arrows, the opponent would be helpless, therefore rangers are capable of murdering people. Perhaps not too strong to match specs such as Paladins and dread knights.
I agree, they are extremely good at killing targets however i think they are extremely weak against tarets with alot of armor because of how much the armor negates the arrow damage.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The disparity between the ease of rangers killing unarmored targets (sometimes only 5 or so arrows) to the 30-60 or so arrows to kill armored players (Esp Warriors; DKs/Paladins) is too great.

faredX

Gold
Every class should have an advantage over a number of classes as well as weaknesses. Therefore, rangers unable to overcome a warrior spec would be conventional.

macura

Diamond
macura

What are you ideas for compensating for an Icebolt nerf?
I think that giving back consume to wizards would be a good. With wizard you have a high amount of mana and replenish, this is good, but at the same time bad. The high amount of mana also comes with a high mana cost, so once you are out of mana, you are really out of mana. It takes a very, very long time for you to regen all of your mana. Replenish solves this problem in the short run, but due to its 150s cd you do not have a steady income of mana, but a very sudden and fleeting one. Wizard used to have consume, but it was removed earlier this map. Consume is very good for wizard, because it gives them a little bit higher steady income of mana. I think that wizard needs consume back, because icebolt takes a large amount of mana (21). This is problematic because icebolt is extremely easy to miss and with the nerf it will do very little damage. I would suggest giving wizard consume back, and possibly lowering the mana cost on icebolt. (Depending on how badly it is nerfed)

So my suggestion would be.

Icebolt
deals (x) damage (getting nerfed) and slows target for 4 seconds
cd: 5s
Manacost: 21 (possibly lower if damage nerf is very severe)

Add:
Consume
consume a bone or cookie and gain 10 mana.
cd: 30s

Sidenote: I think that the range for fireblast should be buffed and the cd increased. With the longer range it used to be able to be used tactically, however now it is only being used to get a larger nuke.

I think that...
Fireblast
You blast your target for 130 (down from 150 damage.
Block range: 15 (up from 12)
cd: 20s (up from 15)

macura

Diamond
The disparity between the ease of rangers killing unarmored targets (sometimes only 5 or so arrows) to the 30-60 or so arrows to kill armored players (Esp Warriors; DKs/Paladins) is too great.
I agree with this, it is hard to make fighting warrior specs possible as a ranger, while not making them destroy specs that have less armor.
Every class should have an advantage over a number of classes as well as weaknesses. Therefore, rangers unable to overcome a warrior spec would be conventional.
I agree and disagree with this. I do agree that in a fight between a warrior spec and a ranger the warrior spec would have a good advantage, however i do not agree that winning should be an impossibility. For example, i as a caster can kill a rogue spec, it is difficult but very possible. In the same way, a warrior spec could kill me, just as long as they got close enough. I think that there should always be a way to win, even though the odds might not be in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.