• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TNT should not destroy regioned blocks

malmenca

Diamond
So, It appears I made an error. I still wholeheartedly believe the time should be 10 minutes, but regardless, I don't think it could be made to work well. If tnt cannons are to be made, it requires more than one tnt placement. therefore the skill couldnt have a relatively long cooldown.

@Danda Do you know the exact specifications of the skill as it is? Or the intention of the skill? Because the intention may not have been to even be able to make TNT cannons, but to just use one TNT up next to a region, which I think might be the case seeing as it is going to be used for the miner prof to mine,(Of course I am disregarding its use during mining.) Alternatively it could be used to create TNT cannons.

Not sure if that makes sense but I'm in a rush and wanted to write down my thoughts.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So, It appears I made an error. I still wholeheartedly believe the time should be 10 minutes, but regardless, I don't think it could be made to work well. If tnt cannons are to be made, it requires more than one tnt placement. therefore the skill couldnt have a relatively long cooldown.

@Danda Do you know the exact specifications of the skill as it is? Or the intention of the skill? Because the intention may not have been to even be able to make TNT cannons, but to just use one TNT up next to a region, which I think might be the case seeing as it is going to be used for the miner prof to mine,(Of course I am disregarding its use during mining.) Alternatively it could be used to create TNT cannons.

Not sure if that makes sense but I'm in a rush and wanted to write down my thoughts.
It's not a skill it's the ability to place TNT blocks as per normal.
Also only having the ability to place 1 tnt block would be pointless. That wouldn't get you through a wall.
If anything, the regeneration time should be from 5-10 seconds
Why towns weren't meant to be regioned impenetrable boxes...
Most are... Or have you not see the towns that are just cobblestone walls or stoneblock walls?
You have a point. Either way it doesn't really effect the aesthetic much there since those places would look like crap regardless.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
If tnt cannons are to be made, it requires more than one tnt placement. therefore the skill couldnt have a relatively long cooldown.

You've raised a good point - how can cannons be made with a long cooldown on block placement?

Hmm. How about you get to place 5-7 TNT blocks within a span of around 10-15 minutes? Once the first block is placed, you'll be ''TNT'' tagged, in a sense, much like ''combat'' tagging. This condition on the player will create a limit to the number of blocks placed. This'll allow you to create a cannon, without the ability to make big-ass walls of TNT! :p

Maybe 5-7 blocks isn't enough for a cannon. Hmm, I think the balance team/someone else should do some testing on this; to see what combination of regenration time, block placement cooldown and block limit would create a fair chance for both miners and non-miners, to allow both access to a town, however not too much! :p

malmenca

Diamond
See! @MajorasMask We can work together and make better solutions than the original. The problem I see with having people place 5-7 tnt is that it is also used for excavation. It appears you are only looking at this from a pvp perspective ;)

@Danda thanks for explaining that. I was under the impression that it was a skill of sorts.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
See! @MajorasMask We can work together and make better solutions than the original. The problem I see with having people place 5-7 tnt is that it is also used for excavation. It appears you are only looking at this from a pvp perspective ;)

@Danda thanks for explaining that. I was under the impression that it was a skill of sorts.
I'm with malmenca on this one ^_^

MajorasMask

Ungodly

Hmm. How about, if you place blocks WITHIN a region, you get to place a lot more? Like 30 within 10-15 minutes? This will allow people to build undercities in regioned areas, alongside preventing enemies and raiders from doing the same.

As for the whole ''TNT'' thing in Dragongarde, the main spawn region, honestly, the whole TNT ability should be practically useless. This will prevent confusion with paths and areas for newer members, and also killing people within spawn.

malmenca

Diamond
The more I think about it, the less I like TNT for anything other than raiding. That's why I kept calling it a skill. Fuck TNT, just add an explosive fireball-type skill that pops region blocks for a bit? if possible.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
I approve of reasonable, balanced and appropriate suggestions to boost the amount of PvP on this server. The ''TNT'' suggestion, at the moment, is unbalanced. Honestly; the way people like Malmenca suggest things; it's just not right. Also, you say these suggestions make PvP ''better'' - but better for whom? You and the rest of the ''quitters of HC'' that left because they didn't get their daily dose of extreme PvP. These suggestions are very one-sided, and, as you might have seen, i've already covered both sides of the arguement; however people still go to extreme suggestions.

Sure; i'm for TNT - just not the way things are currently planned.

What annoys me the most, Itzmak, are the suggestions whereas people want over-powered skills and abilities to help them with their own gain. The ''breaking through all blocks and lava/water'' and the ''10 minute regeneration on blocks'' suggestions are two which are extreme, allowing the benefit of those ''quitters of HC'' (these are the people that suggest such things), with powerful abilities that are not balanced with the other professions.

Obviously Malmenca is trolling about the 10 minute regen. And the TnT suggestion is not unbalanced. It's a way for people to get into your town, not for them to be able to open every single house in a town. Just hide in a house if you don't want to fight. For all the pvpers on the server it is boring as fuck sitting outside of towns just shit talking them. This map has changed so much from last in the way of raiding.

Raiding last map -
Only videos I know of raids last map
(Notice there is a way for people to get into Shiroku and if people didnt want to fight, they helped us prepare for the raiders and then just sat in their houses and gave us items if we needed anything while fighting.)

Raiding this map -
Don't have any videos but all of the raids I have seen/have been included in just consist of exploiting into the town to get in or just sitting outside shit talking.
Now Majoras don't start with "oh this only appeals to the extreme pvpers"

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The more I think about it, the less I like TNT for anything other than raiding. That's why I kept calling it a skill. Fuck TNT, just add an explosive fireball-type skill that pops region blocks for a bit? if possible.

I'd prefer the use of blocks. Using fireballs to blow up holes allows total access to a town. :p For instance, you get through one wall, wait after the cooldown, go through another, wait after the cooldown, repeat, get into every chest, ect.. :p

No fun in that! :p

Aetosion

Obsidian
Four things to work through.

How do signs break?
How does water/lava flow interrupt after breaking?
How does redstone break?
How do things like repeaters break?

malmenca

Diamond
Adding a reagent would be the same thing as having a block, aside from actually placing it. The reagent/s could be 5 gunpowder (=to one TNT)

@itzmak I ain't trolling about 10 minutes, the problem is It really isn't possible. I was confused by a number of things relating to TNT. If I could make it work, I would.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
people want over-powered skills and abilities

And you don't consider an impenetrable box to be OP? I sure as fuck do...

Give me one time in a real war, where an area is completely off limits.

It is never the wall that stops the army, its the fighting force on top of the wall.

If your town isn't capable of protecting its-self, Its your own damned fault.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Four things to work through.

How do signs break?
How does water/lava flow interrupt after breaking?
How does redstone break?
How do things like repeaters break?

The region regens exactly how it was before the tnt exploded.

Aetosion

Obsidian
The entity scripting in the signs may or may not regen, etc (a sign regens, words do not). What I listed are things which may need to be looked into while coding the TnT regen.

Aside from that, I prefer a cannonball kind of thing. Some Falsebook style cannon that shoots explosive fireballs. That'd be chill.

Badblood161

Glowstone
I think there's a greater argument behind all this.

Simply put, the people who build these square towns with a glass roofs, who region them, and hide in them are simply seeing the use of TNT to break into their walls as easy raiding.

I understand that, you just want to be left alone in your little glass house. That's fine and all, but I think you're missing what Hercraft is striving for when it comes to gameplay. I miss the older Maps where raiding was a legit concern, over this "oh well we'll just region off this town and hide all day" attitude. It takes away from what Herocraft is, at least in my opinion, a fantasy simulator. Where people can choose to form towns, people can choose to be bandits, bankers, warriors, ect. But the one thing that is majorly lacking now, the sense of constant danger. Hell, I'm not even really afraid to just go wondering down the main roads or through the wilderness anymore. What happened to the EVE online feel of low-null sec that I would always get as I keep my head on a swivel and grind mobs.

I don't even bother with PVP anymore because all everyone wants to do is hide in their ugly square glass houses. (Would be great if we could ban having a roof over towns but hey might be a bit much)

Nothing I make is Impenetrable, I do it on purpose so that when people come raiding, I know what routes they think they can take, but also leave them vulnerable. And for those who think they can get away with no strategy at all, are simply missing the point of playing on this server. Its not for building alone, nor is it really for PVP alone. Its a combination and it needs to stay that way. Yet atm, it feels super carebear and everything is made up so people can just build and mine without a damn care in the world, while people who PVP just start getting frustrated. While being reduced to just name calling and bitching. The whole while, people who just build bitch about PVP.

Now, as for the TNT issue, awesome Idea. People with no imagination obviously cant see past the whole "they are going to take my shit and make me cry attitude". Simply, get LWC if you are a town, you have enough members to store enough resources in those that it shouldn't even be a thought, hell with just me and my 3 friends i can store enough to keep us supplied forever.

It will also give a use for the miner class other than just extra resources. It will make it so that people can actually get into towns for once, and maybe actually look at the inside at what people are actually building. (If people want to build be proud of it at least and want others to see)

How TNT should work is really simple imho.

Only Miners can place them. 1 min CD (Larger blast radius)
Breaks through any block type, if you can make it so that chests and such just disappear for the duration so that nothing is lost in the blast would be great.
The hole should last 5 Min, enough for people to get in, retreat and go back if they want. (If you dont think it should last that long, obviously you should go look at the world around you, walls that get blown up take awhile to fix -.-)
Townhall, for those who really want to hide should be immune to TNT.

Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. Dont see how it can be bad for anyone....not like if you're on you can hear TNT going off anyways to give you time to run and hide..oh wait you can.

Not like they should beable to take anything important if you have an LWC.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think there's a greater argument behind all this.

Simply put, the people who build these square towns with a glass roofs, who region them, and hide in them are simply seeing the use of TNT to break into their walls as easy raiding.

I understand that, you just want to be left alone in your little glass house. That's fine and all, but I think you're missing what Hercraft is striving for when it comes to gameplay. I miss the older Maps where raiding was a legit concern, over this "oh well we'll just region off this town and hide all day" attitude. It takes away from what Herocraft is, at least in my opinion, a fantasy simulator. Where people can choose to form towns, people can choose to be bandits, bankers, warriors, ect. But the one thing that is majorly lacking now, the sense of constant danger. Hell, I'm not even really afraid to just go wondering down the main roads or through the wilderness anymore. What happened to the EVE online feel of low-null sec that I would always get as I keep my head on a swivel and grind mobs.
This! 100% I miss the old days back towards the start of the last map where you could raid anywhere if you put in the effort. Me and you used to fight daily in Arcadia and the surrounding area.

I personally feel the player base of this server has gone soft in more recent times.