• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TNT should not destroy regioned blocks

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@MajorasMask With TnT people can get into towns thus making raiding actually worth the time and making the server more fun.

@malmenca sorry .<>.

I feel that there is a limit on how FAR into towns you should be able to go. I think breaching a town wall would be an appropriate. Anymore would be pushing the ability into OP-ness.

And you don't consider an impenetrable box to be OP? I sure as fuck do...

Give me one time in a real war, where an area is completely off limits.

It is never the wall that stops the army, its the fighting force on top of the wall.

If your town isn't capable of protecting its-self, Its your own damned fault.

You make it sound that PvP, ect, should be central to towns. This is not the case. Remember the north road events? The PvP at the herogates? These were not at towns (although the NE Herogate pvp was near Legacy). You don't need to give people extreme access to towns in order to boost PvP.

Like i've said; i'd been fine with allowing TNT if it gets through the first form of defences; walls. Heck, it is possible for people to do this without notice from town citizens, to then strike when they think they are safe! :p (Most towns have some form of ''above-city'' which people will use). This will allow more PvP, through access inside of walls.

What I dislike is how people want access beyond walls, into the deeper areas of a towns undercity. This, to me, is what is extreme, as it would give nearly nowhere to hide (safe spots can be a target to blow up) and would give greater access to chests and other vaults. Ontop of this, 'Miner' is a profession, meaning that anyone could do this alongside other PvP elements (you could be a Wizard|Miner, for instance).

Badblood161

Glowstone
PVP isnt central to towns? are you kidding?

Past the whole initial wilderness PVP that happens after a map reset, towns are the only places people are, since they're easy to just hide in. PVP goes where the people are, if there arent any people on the roads, check the towns. Obvious flow of logic is obvious

MajorasMask

Ungodly

What you just said, I was gonna rage and write a long post against this, but what you said at the end about town halls, really made me think differently.

Yes, new suggestion:

Towns are given town hall regions, which increase depending on their town position (small regions in Hamlets, getting bigger and bigger as they go to town, then city, then capital). These regions, much like those in Zeal, with a section of the region protected from top to bottom, would be immune to TNT; allowing towns to store items that can't be fit within LWCs. This would allow people to store most items safely, however not fully; because the region would be too small to fit everything.

It could work! :p As for cooldowns and such in this case, honestly, i'm not sure about that. If town hall regions were implimented like this; i'd expect and be happy with shorter cooldowns and slower block regenerations! ;)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Past the whole initial wilderness PVP that happens after a map reset, towns are the only places people are, since they're easy to just hide in.

Well that's kinda obvious, if people arn't in the wilderness then they are most likely in towns. Kinda simple.

I guess, over time, things change and PvP moves. In the past, I never used to see PvP in towns, mainly in the wild. Now, I see PvP a lot more around towns, because kingdoms are becoming more official and alliences/enemy concepts are becoming more realistic, also being put into action more.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Wow, seems that most of us have come to a sound agreement! :p This calls for a new suggestion thread, regarding all the issues and a solution. I really like the idea of re-introducing townhall regions! ;)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
This is kinda offtopic, but I believe Miners should get tnt for unregioned areas and areas they have region access to (for mining purposes, not pvp) and engineers should get tnt for regioned areas (for pvp uses). When I thought of the tnt being put in I imagined giant tnt cannons lobbing projectiles into towns to cause mayhem and destroy walls from outside the regioned area. It makes more sense for engineers to be constructing and operating tnt cannons.

New thought: Engineers can place tnt, but not light it (so they have to use redstone to ignite it) and miners can place and light it.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Settled then?

TnT can blow up blocks anywhere in regions, 1-5 minutes until regen, 1 minute cooldown. Central townhall subregions 10x10? 15x15? which are immune to TnT.

I think it's time to call in the Zo , for once the community seems to have come to a consensus about a major suggestion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Settled then?

TnT can blow up blocks anywhere in regions, 1-5 minutes until regen, 1 minute cooldown. Central townhall subregions 10x10? 15x15? which are immune to TnT.

I think it's time to call in the Zo , for once the community seems to have come to a consensus about a major suggestion.

I'll make a better suggestion thread, maybe, sometime later. Hopefully to cover all the sides of the story, ect.

malmenca

Diamond
I'm not so sure all is well and good in the world of TNT implementation, but I think we are getting there.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Think of it this way. In the the pvp aspect of the game, town regions are the most op thing ever. They completely counter any other skill.

The only way to make them fair is to have a way through.

And yes the player base of this server is soft as fuck.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If LWC is the only protection for your items, donor perks are OP as fuck. I mean, a normal player can have like 1-2 LWC's in total while a T7 can have 20-30. Some people will say "You're free to donate if you want more" No, i'm not. I'm one of many who are unable to donate due to IRL issues. I'd be a donor if I could. The reason I'm mentioning it, is because people want the TnT to basicly open regioned chests for them.

TnT shouldn't be possible to place in a region you're not a member off, so people would have to make cannons to break in.

Also TnT shouldn't break signs/redstone stuff because the regen would mess it up.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Think of it this way. In the the pvp aspect of the game, town regions are the most op thing ever. They completely counter any other skill.

The only way to make them fair is to have a way through.

And yes the player base of this server is soft as fuck.
A region will always be able to counter all attacks
Even if the TNT can break all blocks will people be able to hide in a 1x2x1 room by Bedrock, even if you can blow up all the blocks will you NEVA be able to blow up every single block in a region (seeing they will come back after some time)
, BUT
everyone can get access to a region if they want it.
It isn't hard.
You can join a town,
Make a town,
buy a spawn plot,
be friends whit someone who lead a town.

I haven't tried very hard, but I think i'm on like 10+ regions.

Aetosion

Obsidian
etkenn said:
If LWC is the only protection for your items, donor perks are OP as fuck. I mean, a normal player can have like 1-2 LWC's in total while a T7 can have 20-30. Some people will say "You're free to donate if you want more" No, i'm not. I'm one of many who are unable to donate due to IRL issues. I'd be a donor if I could. The reason I'm mentioning it, is because people want the TnT to basicly open regioned chests for them.

I'm a tier 0 donor, and I'm alright with this.

Badblood161

Glowstone
btw, non donors get 3 chests, thats plenty of room store your important stuff, otherwise hide it. Not hard.