• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TNT should not destroy regioned blocks

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
I hear TNT (allegedly being given to miners) is going to temporarily destroy regioned blocks. The point of this being to end people sitting outside others walls and insulting each other, or people just hiding inside. As said by Etkenn ,

This. I've paid 22.5K for my town's safety, why should a skill negate that and all the hard work people put into their towns? Miner isn't a combat class so their skills shouldn't be used in PvP. TnT however will be a very useful skill while clearing out underground just like a typical Miner would do.

This is completely bullshit (excuse my french) if this is real and never should be put in the game. If it is, why not save everyones time and just de-region everything.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
However I think TnT should work in regions below Y:50 so Miners can use their skills to help the town clearing out underground. If the placement of TnT is allowed in regions the Miner is on, that would work.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Issue with that is a lot of towns have undercities, and people could just blow a hole into the undercity, would be the same as doing it to the above city =\

Should only be usable in your own region if it is going to destroy regioned blocks imo

whazup911

Stone
I agree, it seems like an absolute nightmare if TNT does work through regions.

There is just something not right if raiders are able to raid any town at any time, so a town can be robbed blind when none of their members are on.

The only solution I can see to counter this is by obsidian/water the around the perimeter of the town which seems like a lot of work to counter one profession.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Issue is, if it does work, and were not told until it's released, a lot of towns will be blindsided, because I doubt they'll want to coat their walls in obby for something that might happen with no real confirmation you know?

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
Tbh. i think its what HC pvp/raiding needs to make it better, since it has been a little boring lately.
It will give TNT a use and miners will become more wanted and useful.
Since it will supposedly only temporary destroy i dont see the problem with it. only the outer parts of the region will be affected i think and people can improvise and make their towns to bypass that. LWCS and a well set out town will be the answer to this ;)

AND IT WILL BE FUN :D

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Dils, it will temp destroy blocks. Many people just have blocks over their chests protecting them. Even temp is bad.

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
Dils, it will temp destroy blocks. Many people just have blocks over their chests protecting them. Even temp is bad.
Kainzo and most of the admins dont support dirt blocks over chests, LWC is the answer to everything
that means it will encourage raiding, which is good for the pvp side of the server.but not some of the other parts ofc.
but i think it will make HC more haardcore ;p

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Why do you all cry about everything. This is a hardcore server. If you don't like it then leave. The admins aren't here to coddle you. Protect your things or defend your town. It's that simple

donaldmax1

Soulsand
I think TNT should be allowed to be destroy region blocks but they regenerate over time. So raiding can be done but when it's all over no damage is done accept the deaths of the town people. Also people that have regions and are miners could be allowed to use TNT in there town region to dig. At least that's what I think would be best.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
TNT breaking regioned blocks = people possibly in your town = people marking in your town = being camped and killed for hours.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it will only effect world guard regions. I believe personal regions will still be protected. If you want a personal region, donate. Perks for donating. I may be mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This was removed from the patch. We're re-evaluating the TNT block damage and it's slow regen. (Ie It's not working as intended)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Everyone says ''This is hardcore, gtfo'' This is Hardcore MMO RPG. Townships is actually a bigger part of HC then pvp imo. People pay everything they own to create and upgrade towns and they spend hundreds of hours building and improving. TnT breaking regioned walls will force towns to be even uglier. People will make chest-walls and doble boxes to prevent TnT breaking trough their walls. People will use the TnT skill once, mark inside, groupteleport people inside, town members will give up on the town, people will ragequit and HC loses members. There is a win for people who wants to play on a server with 20-30 people on at max, because why would anyone pay 10K + upgrade costs for a region that can be negated anyway? It'll lead to no towns, and no towns will lead to a weak community which will lead to noone playing. Remember, HC started as a server where stealing from towns lead the ban. Townships > PvP

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Guys it is ok. Instead of however many seconds the coders intended the TNT explosions to be reganerated, we could make it like a 5 sec. gap so that one would not have to worry about chests.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Only hamlets will really be in trouble from this, larger towns can have mutiple layers of walls(Like one at each region), and still make it look good :)