• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TNT should not destroy regioned blocks

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
As Kainzo has said HUNDREDS of times. "LWC is the only guaranteed way to protect your chests."

(Please not the fact that I put "HUNDREDS" in bold, underlined, italic, and in font size 7)

Excuse me for asking, but what happened to the days when people on this server had testicles?

People used to build there hearts out, make there towns look beautiful. And some of these same people were the most brutal pvpers I have ever seen. If you want ultimate protection go to "Candyland Building Server". This is a Hardcore server.That does not mean you have to pvp, but pvp is a portion of the Experience. Maybe Kainzo should open up a building map with ultimate protection for those who want to hang out with the community but don't like the pvp.

(Note: Candyland Building Server does not exist.)

Disketa777

Glowstone
I feel like everyone is too focused on not wanting ugly obsidian/water walls. Isn't it possible to make the obby wall one block into the region, and then put yout pretty design on the outside? Then you can have all the protection of obsidian, without the uglyness until it's uncovered by tnt for 30 seconds.

PocketBun

Legacy Supporter 2
Oh, I have an idea for the people who are complaining about how ugly towns will look because of obby/water.

Outside layer: Whatever block you want.
Second layer: Obsidian.
Third layer: Whatever kind of block you want.

And if you don't want to do that, instead of placing a pice of obby over the chests... problem solve. Go to layers 51+ and make a vault with the outmost layer of obsidian, and decorate the inside however you you please. You don't have to see the obsidian, just work around it.

Problem solve.

Tho' I think 30 seconds is a bit much. I agree with @MajorasMask, saying the time it takes to regenerate goes up as you level up. I think that's a wonderful idea. I also agree that miners should be able to use TnT, seeing how they can IRL. Tho', it may not be possible right now.. but I still think it's a good idea.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Excuse me for asking, but what happened to the days when people on this server had testicles?

People used to build there hearts out, make there towns look beautiful. And some of these same people were the most brutal pvpers I have ever seen. If you want ultimate protection go to "Candyland Building Server". This is a Hardcore server.That does not mean you have to pvp, but pvp is a portion of the Experience. Maybe Kainzo should open up a building map with ultimate protection for those who want to hang out with the community but don't like the pvp.

(Note: Candyland Building Server does not exist.)

*Sigh* I'll say it again;

People built their hearts out in Sanctum. When there WAS NO TNT, stealing, heroes, ect. When regions were non-pvp. When there were unlimited, and free, LWCs. Now, both this map and in Zeal, people designed towns to become safe from raids, as they were to be more common. Sanctum wasn't hardcore. It was safe as you could get. Donators were OP, both on building and PvP, and things were not fair. These aspects changed in Zeal; which is why the ''towns for defence - rather than good looks'' trend happened.

IHaz, if you REALLY wanted to see good looking towns, why not join one, design a good build, build it, then allow other people inside freely to show them, happily, your town? Oh wait, no, that wouldn't work. You'd get killed, attacked, raided. Hmm. I wonder why people have walls now.

Also; just because people have walls, doesn't mean their town, inside, is ugly. People who DO build walls want their stuff safe, i've said this a lot.

Nobody is asking for ''Ultimate Protection''. Infact, I personally approve of TNT, but as i've said at least 4 times, it should have a block regeneration of around 10 seconds. Township protection was the same as it was in Zeal. Nobody complained in Zeal. Why? You had other PvP events to occupy. Just because these ''events'' have left, it doesn't mean you should suggest dramatic things just to act as a substitute.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
*Sigh* I'll say it again;

People built their hearts out in Sanctum. When there WAS NO TNT, stealing, heroes, ect. When regions were non-pvp. When there were unlimited, and free, LWCs. Now, both this map and in Zeal, people designed towns to become safe from raids, as they were to be more common. Sanctum wasn't hardcore. It was safe as you could get. Donators were OP, both on building and PvP, and things were not fair. These aspects changed in Zeal; which is why the ''towns for defence - rather than good looks'' trend happened.

IHaz, if you REALLY wanted to see good looking towns, why not join one, design a good build, build it, then allow other people inside freely to show them, happily, your town? Oh wait, no, that wouldn't work. You'd get killed, attacked, raided. Hmm. I wonder why people have walls now.

Also; just because people have walls, doesn't mean their town, inside, is ugly. People who DO build walls want their stuff safe, i've said this a lot.

Nobody is asking for ''Ultimate Protection''. Infact, I personally approve of TNT, but as i've said at least 4 times, it should have a block regeneration of around 10 seconds. Township protection was the same as it was in Zeal. Nobody complained in Zeal. Why? You had other PvP events to occupy. Just because these ''events'' have left, it doesn't mean you should suggest dramatic things just to act as a substitute.

Towns in Zeal looked fine.

Newerth, Shin Kyoto, D101, Orion, Jericho (before the walls), all looked magnificent, and were more or less open to the public. They didn't have problems with raiders. And if they did, they fought back.

All I'm saying is the community from zeal to now, has gone from a group of hardcore players (builders and pvpers), to a group of scared people, most of which can't build anything but a cobble box.

Wrong about making a town that is open. Look at Newerth. They do fucking fine, they get raided but they pull up their socks and fight back.

NCH, I've heard they are open.

Aetosion's town is going to be open, built for looks not defense.

America, they have a very good looking town, unwalled.

Maybe if you so called "Builders" would pick up a sword and fight back, you wouldn't have such an issue with getting the shit kicked out of you.

If I made a town, yes I would leave it without walls. Maybe have a under-city with some vaults and such, but most of the city would be unprotected. If my town members got raided I would expect them to be able to fight for thier town.

But of course, who on this server could I expect to fight. This is a building server right? Why is pvp even enabled?

malmenca

Diamond
Now that I have more time, I can expand on the 10 minute timer.(BTW they both have merit to them 30 sec V 10 minute)

If the time is 30 seconds, people will be forced to bum rush the town. Maybe fire more tnt if they are unsuccessful.

I think this will be less effective, and much more "unrealistic." It doesn't provide for much fun. And if the attackers fail to penetrate the region they are attacking? It will be difficult to make a second attempt seeing as their original entry point is repaired, and if they died they lost their tnt. Sure you could hide it in a secret chest or whatever, but if the attackers get decimated, it will be super difficult to regroup and make another attempt.

If the time is 10 minutes (I would say btwn 5-15 minutes), People will not be forced to bum rush towns. They can pop a hole in the wall and attempt to enter. If they succeed, well done! and maybe someone else will use the previous hole to counter raid or wahtever. If they fail to enter, they have the entry point they created to regroup and retry.

To combat people from blasting apart towns with repeated TNT, make the cooldown 20 minutes for placing tnt. This gives them a nice window in which they can raid the town, and a nice time to which each side can re-arm or whatever. The worst that could happen is you have a raiding party chock full of miners that decimate a region, and this a serious flaw. I personally don't think a professions should get a combat/combat-related skill.

I don't think either choice is slanted towards pvpers, and I don't think "ugly towns" or creativity of building should be a factor. Like I said in my previous post, the blast resistance of blocks can be altered so creating an obsidian-water town would be a pointless exercise.

IMO either way could work, I am merely proposing an alternative to the current that I thinkg would be better.

malmenca

Diamond
Also as an afterthought, 30 second timer would remove the point of escape for the raiders. That is absurd, to create an entrance to have it disappear before you can even attempt to loot anything. That would mean having another miner outside the walls to recreate a hole. IDK what the CD would be but I would imagine it wouldn't be very short.

With 10 minute timer, raiders can raid, get some spoils if they succeed , and get out. Those that aren't fast enough are forced to recall or find an alternate way out, or die.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
-snoopdog-

First of all, your use of colours is just tip top.

Secondly, to combat The spamming of TNT, why not just make the cooldown of the TNT the same as the length that the hole stays open for.

If you have multiple miners you can have multiple entrance points.

I really cant see people shooting one tnt through a tnt hole, through another tnt hole, to get to a chest.

You would need 4 Miners, and an incredible amount of skill, that if you could pull it off, you deserve it.

malmenca

Diamond
First of all, your use of colours is just tip top.

Secondly, to combat The spamming of TNT, why not just make the cooldown of the TNT the same as the length that the hole stays open for. The skill is also used for excavation and mining, and it will break non-regioned blocks permanently. So if its cooldown is relatively low it will be too OP and abused to shit.

If you have multiple miners you can have multiple entrance points. I like it. Opens up a whole new level of enjoyment. If they had this during the Ironpass days I would shit my pants at the possibility of Coal harbor popping through our wall from different areas.

I really cant see people shooting one tnt through a tnt hole, through another tnt hole, to get to a chest. I agree, although I think its possible, plus makeing multiple TNT cannons next to eachother would maybe make a hole large enough to properly aim for chests if given a 10 minute span.

You would need 4 Miners, and an incredible amount of skill, that if you could pull it off, you deserve it. HUEUEUEUE MORDE ES NUMERO UNO Agreed

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Note: If you have ever built a TNT cannon, you would know that it takes anywhere from 4-7 blocks of TNT to shoot.

Therefore the CD cannot be 10 minutes if this is to be a practical use.

Make the CD 20 seconds, and the hole last for 30 seconds, This way, it would take a good 2-3 minutes to load and fire the cannon. Enough time for the city to plan an attack on the cannoneer. 2 minutes for 30 seconds of entry seems extremely reasonable.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I doubt that TNT will break unbreakable blocks, so stop your whining. Second, if you don't want to be raided take the time to TNT proof your town. It's not that hard to takes some water buckets and place water after your first layer of wall. Look at legacy. TNT proof, but it looks pretty nice. About the timer, it should give you enough time to get your people in, that's it.

It would also take an engineer to make a compact quick TNT cannon because of the need for redstone repeaters (from my knowledge/experience with TNT cannons).

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Here's a fix for everyone. Make a fucking 10x10 obsidian hut and put all your chests in there. Go buy an enchanted pick and use it to make a hole in the obsidian to get in. Problem solved. Quit bitchin it's for the better.

If you see a giant TnT cannon being made outside your town, go fight them? they obviously won't be ready for it.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I doubt that TNT will break unbreakable blocks, so stop your whining. Second, if you don't want to be raided take the time to TNT proof your town. It's not that hard to takes some water buckets and place water after your first layer of wall. Look at legacy. TNT proof, but it looks pretty nice. About the timer, it should give you enough time to get your people in, that's it.

It would also take an engineer to make a compact quick TNT cannon because of the need for redstone repeaters (from my knowledge/experience with TNT cannons).
All you need is water, TNT, a few blocks, two buttons and a few pices of redstone.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I feel like everyone is too focused on not wanting ugly obsidian/water walls. Isn't it possible to make the obby wall one block into the region, and then put yout pretty design on the outside? Then you can have all the protection of obsidian, without the uglyness until it's uncovered by tnt for 30 seconds.
Legacy's walls are TNT proof it's possible to create walls that are impenetrable and still look good.

malmenca

Diamond
Note: If you have ever built a TNT cannon, you would know that it takes anywhere from 4-7 blocks of TNT to shoot.

Therefore the CD cannot be 10 minutes if this is to be a practical use.

Make the CD 20 seconds, and the hole last for 30 seconds, This way, it would take a good 2-3 minutes to load and fire the cannon. Enough time for the city to plan an attack on the cannoneer. 2 minutes for 30 seconds of entry seems extremely reasonable.

DERP. I forgot tnt cannons require more than one tnt lololol.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Towns in Zeal looked fine.

Newerth, Shin Kyoto, D101, Orion, Jericho (before the walls), all looked magnificent, and were more or less open to the public. They didn't have problems with raiders. And if they did, they fought back.

All I'm saying is the community from zeal to now, has gone from a group of hardcore players (builders and pvpers), to a group of scared people, most of which can't build anything but a cobble box.

Wrong about making a town that is open. Look at Newerth. They do fucking fine, they get raided but they pull up their socks and fight back.

NCH, I've heard they are open.

Aetosion's town is going to be open, built for looks not defense.

America, they have a very good looking town, unwalled.

Maybe if you so called "Builders" would pick up a sword and fight back, you wouldn't have such an issue with getting the shit kicked out of you.

If I made a town, yes I would leave it without walls. Maybe have a under-city with some vaults and such, but most of the city would be unprotected. If my town members got raided I would expect them to be able to fight for thier town.

But of course, who on this server could I expect to fight. This is a building server right? Why is pvp even enabled?

Towns like D101 were not open the the public. Far from it. We were actually TOLD to stay inside the town. We didn't have walls; but we had a large underground complex.

Towns like Newerth are ''closed''. All the houses are blocked off with dirt. I went on a raid there once with 4 people, there were a few citizens but none of them came out. It is funny how people like them complain about the same thing in the opposite scenario.

Aetosion's town is gonna be open? Is he gonna open all the chests too? How about no LWCs?

America is dead. Period. Update; I've checked the map. They have iron doors protecting their stuff. Hmm. I bet if there was just 1 guy, with 10 people attacking, suuuuuuuuuure he would come out and fight. -.-

Not all ''builders'' are good at PvP. Like I said; low leveled, get lag during fights, ect.

Oh; i'm looking forward to the day when IHaz is mayor, with town citizen's chests all uncovered, doors to houses unlocked! :) Free gold WOOP! :D It would be a shame if most of your citizens are offline...

Aetosion

Obsidian
The entire purpose of letting TnT destroy regioned blocks is to get into towns. Make keeps that are safe in the centre. I'm tired of people hiding 1 block away from me.

If someone wants to get into my town, they can. I didn't build an uglyass glass box over my town. I'll let my members fight, or go into their houses or the central keep. I'll make a tiny 5x5 obby panic room, but I'd like my town to at least be raidable.

Valuables should always be lwc'd. You're stupid not to.

America is back and Kahzo and friends are training up a PvP force from noobs. Like NCH did.

Not all ''builders'' are good at PvP.
Then get better, or get friends that are.

Like I said; low leveled,
A laughable contention. Level up.

get lag during fights, ect."
Fix performance settings, get a better computer. I used to get 7 fps on my old computer during PvP, I thought is was fun. I had 3-7 fps the first tournament, we won. The quality of my playing experience should not be infringed upon because some people have a bad computer, or can't use optifine/spout.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
The entire purpose of letting TnT destroy regioned blocks is to get into towns.

And the entire purpose of regions is to stop blocks from being destroyed. o_o If this happens the only use of regions will be to build with the griefable blocks.