• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TNT should not destroy regioned blocks

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The entire purpose of letting TnT destroy regioned blocks is to get into towns. Make keeps that are safe in the centre. I'm tired of people hiding 1 block away from me.

If someone wants to get into my town, they can. I didn't build an uglyass glass box over my town. I'll let my members fight, or go into their houses or the central keep.

A central ''keep'' wouldn't be safe if TNT blows up every block and blocks have a regeneration of 10 minutes. Sure; i'm fine with allowing TNT blow up blocks to get through a wall, but the current ''suggestions'' coming from the PvP side of the community just want to boost TNT capabilities, with 10 minute cooldown rather than something logical such as 10 seconds.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Then let it be blown up, and they can move through tunnels blocking them up. People shouldn't be able to afk in the middle of their town during a raid.

I'm good with a 10-20 second cooldown. Don't see why it needs to be 10 minutes. You just need to be able to get in. 10 minutes just improves the bombed out aesthetic. Mood setting.

TnT breaches effectively provided it gives time for 10 people to get inside. On second thought 30-seconds is necessary so 2 TnT blasts can open a proper hole. All depends on the TnT cooldown.

Just blowing up outer walls will just make people move their walls farther in regions, and build giant derp squares. That's idiotic. Thus is needs to be able to hit any regioned block. Logic is a wonderful thing.

Aetosion

Obsidian
whitemagehealu said:
And the entire purpose of regions is to stop blocks from being destroyed. o_o If this happens the only use of regions will be to build with the griefable blocks.
Regions stop grief, and they will continue to serve that purpose.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'm good with a 10-20 second cooldown. Don't see why it needs to be 10 minutes. You just need to be able to get in. 10 minutes just improves the bombed out aesthetic. Mood setting.

TnT breaches effectively provided it gives time for 10 people to get inside. On second thought 30-seconds is necessary so 2 TnT blasts can open a proper hole. All depends on the TnT cooldown.

Agreed. Honestly, 10 second regeneration on blocks is enough to allow people to get inside. Just have someone at the cannon and the rest of the party at the wall; solved.

If you time it right, you could get an additional block of TNT through a wall within the 10 second period. This ''blasting open a proper hole'' could work with 10 seconds, though I have to agree; it would require around 20 seconds to do it correctly, with less miners/skilled people around.

Aetosion

Obsidian
20-30 seconds is adequate for this purpose. I think that should be about how long that lasts.

It must blow up blocks anywhere in a region, or else people will just shrink their walls. Or other annoying things.

#nowsleeping

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Fix performance settings, get a better computer. I used to get 7 fps on my old computer during PvP, I thought is was fun. I had 3-7 fps the first tournament, we won. The quality of my playing experience should not be infringed upon because some people have a bad computer, or can't use optifine/spout.

I'm not talking about FPS lag, i'm talking about connection lag. You know, when you run to hit someone, then you hit them, and they don't get hurt/stop moving?

Also, not everyone has the time to ''level up'' and train. Some prefer to build their town, to have fun in ways OTHER than PvP.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
I am so going miner and setting up cannons to blow up walls 25 blocks into regions.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Shouldn't the time regen be like a minute, so you can clean your ugly mess?

Cleaning the ''ugly mess'' can come to play when the raiders are done, whereas they come back to the site to remove what they built - much like how a 1x1 pillar would be removed after raiding.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A central ''keep'' wouldn't be safe if TNT blows up every block and blocks have a regeneration of 10 minutes. Sure; i'm fine with allowing TNT blow up blocks to get through a wall, but the current ''suggestions'' coming from the PvP side of the community just want to boost TNT capabilities, with 10 minute cooldown rather than something logical such as 10 seconds.
Majora last I checked we planned for the regen to be around 1 minute.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Towns like D101 were not open the the public. Far from it. We were actually TOLD to stay inside the town. We didn't have walls; but we had a large underground complex.

Towns like Newerth are ''closed''. All the houses are blocked off with dirt. I went on a raid there once with 4 people, there were a few citizens but none of them came out. It is funny how people like them complain about the same thing in the opposite scenario.

Aetosion's town is gonna be open? Is he gonna open all the chests too? How about no LWCs?

America is dead. Period. Update; I've checked the map. They have iron doors protecting their stuff. Hmm. I bet if there was just 1 guy, with 10 people attacking, suuuuuuuuuure he would come out and fight. -.-

Not all ''builders'' are good at PvP. Like I said; low leveled, get lag during fights, ect.

Oh; i'm looking forward to the day when IHaz is mayor, with town citizen's chests all uncovered, doors to houses unlocked! :) Free gold WOOP! :D It would be a shame if most of your citizens are offline...
Majoras what is with you fighting against suggestions that would make pvp better? Not to be a dick but there are creative servers.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Then make your towns more interesting? Cobblestone boxes are just asking to be broken into. I also hear that tnt and water helps
So "more interesting" means big walls of obsidian? Because if this goes in, that is what your going to be seeing around every town

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So "more interesting" means big walls of obsidian? Because if this goes in, that is what your going to be seeing around every town
Only if you're uncreative...

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Note: If you have ever built a TNT cannon, you would know that it takes anywhere from 4-7 blocks of TNT to shoot.

Therefore the CD cannot be 10 minutes if this is to be a practical use.

Make the CD 20 seconds, and the hole last for 30 seconds, This way, it would take a good 2-3 minutes to load and fire the cannon. Enough time for the city to plan an attack on the cannoneer. 2 minutes for 30 seconds of entry seems extremely reasonable.
I've done it with less

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Majoras what is with you fighting against suggestions that would make pvp better? Not to be a dick but there are creative servers.

I approve of reasonable, balanced and appropriate suggestions to boost the amount of PvP on this server. The ''TNT'' suggestion, at the moment, is unbalanced. Honestly; the way people like Malmenca suggest things; it's just not right. Also, you say these suggestions make PvP ''better'' - but better for whom? You and the rest of the ''quitters of HC'' that left because they didn't get their daily dose of extreme PvP. These suggestions are very one-sided, and, as you might have seen, i've already covered both sides of the arguement; however people still go to extreme suggestions.

Sure; i'm for TNT - just not the way things are currently planned.

What annoys me the most, Itzmak, are the suggestions whereas people want over-powered skills and abilities to help them with their own gain. The ''breaking through all blocks and lava/water'' and the ''10 minute regeneration on blocks'' suggestions are two which are extreme, allowing the benefit of those ''quitters of HC'' (these are the people that suggest such things), with powerful abilities that are not balanced with the other professions.