• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Star Wars The Old Republic

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yeah, alright, enough. This is to discuss the game, not get on eachother's case. If you like it, then drool away in this thread. If you don't, feel free to say so but don't continue to whine about something you're not going to play anyway.

I personally am not interested, as alluring as the Star Wars universe is. Waiting for Guild Wars 2 as well (been playing Guild Wars for waaaaayyy too long).

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
How to change the mood of a thread in less than 5 mins.

Step 1: Post Badass and/or funny video.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Guys.... stop flaming please... You're not getting anywhere.

Truer word was never spoken.
Audie, I hope for your sake we'll not cross paths ingame.

Back to Star Wars content- I was just pronounced Jedi Master!!1!11!!oneeleven!!1!
The story is awesome so far, I hope I can get somewhere decent before the HC map wipe.

codyneace

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm loving how engaging the class story lines are so far, or at least the bounty hunter's story. They have a nice single player rpg vibe going on while leveling.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Yeah, alright, enough. This is to discuss the game, not get on eachother's case. If you like it, then drool away in this thread. If you don't, feel free to say so but don't continue to whine about something you're not going to play anyway.

I personally am not interested, as alluring as the Star Wars universe is. Waiting for Guild Wars 2 as well (been playing Guild Wars for waaaaayyy too long).

Very much so. I played this in beta significantly and I do indeed agree with some of the others that it feels like WoW for Star-Wars, and also has other negative things that make me not want to go for it.
- Class talent system feels like it's just out of WoW.
- Abilities trigger very similar to WoW, ie cooldowns, using certain abilities to trigger others, autoattacking mixed with ability usage.
- Cookie - cutter classes for each faction, even though they are different in name, they kept getting patched to function more and more the same. Which was generally opposite of what the community was expressing.
- Space Ship combat - while fun the first time you do it. has absolutely no replayability and gets boring very quickly. Does not provide advancement like I would enjoy.
- lack of crafting system - this could have come out of any generic MMO released today, it has no spark to seperate it from others.

So while there may be a lot of drive for some people to play this. I've decided to pass on it, even though I was really hoping I would enjoy it.

@xexorian
AoC was only engaging for the first 20 levels, at release Funcom even said that they made 2 seperate 'games' and that even though 1-20 was different from the rest of the game, they just knew people would love it. Fortunately, consumers told them otherwise. And that's exactly why AoC was mostly a flop (it's since recovered a bit I understand), it also suffered from a lot of imbalances.

- saying the game is still using the 'beta graphics' just makes me want to play this less. What kind of company pushes a release with unfinished assets and doesn't get flac for it?

People keep saying 'oh you can't judge the game based on the first x levels' - but the reality is. Yes you very much can. If the first 5-10 levels are not engaging, and the gameplay is not fun, why would I continue playing? If the game is not fun at any point along it's progression then it has failed as a game. To suggest otherwise, or to tell people that they need to just play through it till they get to level X is something that makes me just roll my eyes. Why would you play something that's supposed to be fun, but isn't just to see if you'll like what comes next. If you're already not enjoying it the likelihood of coming to portions of the game that you also don't like are pretty high, considering the negative vibe is already going.

It also doesn't mean that SWToR can't be fun for people. I just find it lacking, like most MMOs today, which is why I don't really hold a subscription on any at this time.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
what server are you guys playing on?

I just bought it last night and I'm looking for a server

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Loving the bounty hunter story line atm :D
Is fucking awesome

MD_Bay

Legacy Supporter 4
This game looks awesome and I really want to play it, I just don't have the money to pay $60 for the game and then also pay $15 a month to actually be able to play it.