• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Star Wars The Old Republic

Reec0n

TNT
star-wars-the-old-republic-logo.jpg

Come on you need to add this!​
(Here is why)​

516196819182208.jpg
Yoda: You will add this to other games!​

Star Wars The Old Republic is an awesome game with so much to offer its players. I know partially from experience because I was in Beta testing for Star Wars The Old Republic since the very start when they announced Beta Testing so long ago.​

I'll start off with a little back ground on the game.​
First Off: Star ships!​
Every player in the game gets their personal star ship depending on their class which will decide which type of star ship. You will get your personal star ship around level 9-10 when you leave your starting world to really begin your own Star Wars Saga!​
Some ships:​
CA_Sith_Ship03_800x450.jpg
Above is the Furry-Class Imperial Interceptor: Was used during the first war, however it is now used as Sith personal star ships and not one credit is not spent to customize it to the style of the Sith occupying this vessel.​

ca02_800x450.jpg

Above is the X-70B Phantom a ship only for the Imperial agent and their needs for a base of operations to conduct missions for the Sith Empire.​

ss_d501_800x450.jpg

Above is the D5-Mantis which is for the bounty hunter class and a true predator in space it was my most favorite star ship in space combat. A wide array of advanced weapons and cloaking abilities to come out of no where to sneak up on your prey.​

SS_Jedi_Ship01_800x450.jpg

Above is the Republic's Defender for Jedi Classes in the game. It is luxurious and nice to have and can hold its own for a few minutes in a fight. But don't get caught in the scopes of a D5-Mantis unless you are looking for a very bad day of rage quitting action!​

SS_Smuggler_Ship01_800x450.jpg

Above is the XS Freighter, pretty much a flying junk barge that can take a beating.​

ss01_800x450.jpg

Above is the BT-7 Thunderclap, this ship is absolutely awesome just like the D5-Mantis but a smaller profile which makes it a lot easier to hide and hunt in asteroid fields in space.​

This is of course just a brief little bit of information of my experience in Beta Testing. This game is extremely good offering so many different playing aspects than I have ever seen on any other MMO that I have played.​
This thread should be added so that anyone on Hero Craft who has pre-ordered or intends on playing the game can go in knowing their are some familiar faces around who can help with tactics in PVP and War zones and so much more!
And of course it would be nice to get the Hero Craft community to kick-ass in PVP on the game "hint".​

For Official Information on Star Wars The Old Republic go to:​

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Star Wars The Old Republic is an awesome game with so much to offer its players. I know partially from experience because I was in Beta testing for Star Wars The Old Republic since the very start when they announced Beta Testing so long ago.​

I'm really hoping it turns out better than my beta experience, It was fun at first, but quickly the experience deteriorated. Besides that, I'm still keeping this on my list of games to watch as it might evolve a bit into something better.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
I am not even able to pre-order. Yet another thing Aussie gamers have to pay for... good ol' high prices late release dates and not being able to pre-order. Typical gaming companies and EA and bioware, are no exception.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Played the beta for a bit. Was kinda fun, but felt way too much like WoW. Seems like the only thing holding it together is the story and voice acting. Otherwise, there isn't anything special about it.

I think I'll pass.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I get in today ;D

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah been at it 2 weekends now... its wow but with lightsabers.... I know I gotta kill 10 wamp rats... reason is why should I care too......

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
the old version of star wars was a bit more interesting for me. I would like to see them offer badges or something for having old account and new. still, there is always My Little Pony MMORPG...... :D

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah, still shouldnt stop em. its Star Wars.
ah wishful thinking !

i think Blizzard has that market locked up tight for now.

@Reec0n

how was the space battles?? decent??

like eve online or what?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
yeah, still shouldnt stop em. its Star Wars.
ah wishful thinking !

i think Blizzard has that market locked up tight for now.
Not really WoW subs are tanking hard and fast

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Not really WoW subs are tanking hard and fast

Blizzard still ruined it for me...:p

On a completely different note, what happened to Star Wars having dirtier settings than other Sci-Fi franchises? I thought that's what made the movies different from the other Sci Fi stuff that was around, so why are we getting the same damn bubbly, clean and smooth texture bullshit we can have for free at Battlestar Calactica? I can't see anything outstanding, so far TOR is just mediocre in graphics, gameplay, INTERFACE, concept, if not dated as a whole. :p

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
As bad as Galaxies was it did do some things right. Old Republic needs Galaxies space combat system and crafting system!