• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Star Wars The Old Republic

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I'll also like to add the fact that nothing has really been said about GW2 in a long time. If there were things said, it was nothing new or groundbreaking. My hopes were up for GW2 but SWTOR looks like its gonna take the worm this morning and for a lot of mornings to come. Besides, paying $60 and a monthly fee which is a couple bucks cheaper than wow's cheapest, is still worth the entertainment/hobby experience. IMHO.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Well, most other servers have had queues of up to one and a half to two hours and 30 minutes was the maximum so far really, I think considering the alternatives that's still fine xD

As long as theres not always a queue I should be alright.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
haven't been any queues I've seen on the RP PVP server. (I think I just said it was RP but its the RP PVP server.)

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
1.) There havent been any real valid reasons to NOT play SWTOR because any comparison you guys have made is baseless so far.

2.) p.s.
#thatoneguywhosaidheplayedalotofmmorpg's
You never mentioned Age of Conan, so your list of mmorpg's seems fake to me. Being that it was one of the most visceral and engaging mmo's after wow has been out. Just riddled with bugs like Warhammer and died early on also like Vanguard.

1.) Paying $15 a month and having game mechanics that are nearly identical to WoW come to mind.

2.) I haven't played a subscription based MMO in at least 4-5 years (aside from times where I was able to play a sub-based MMO for free).

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Xexorian speaks the truth.

EDIT: I'm also really curious to know how you'll justify yourself judging a game you haven't really played by comparing it to other games that you haven't even played for five years. That's just plain ignorant.

I was going to make this one huge WOT, but I grew tired about half a page in and just deleted it. Thanks for wasting my time I could've spent playing the best online RP-G ever.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
1.) I'm also really curious to know how you'll justify yourself judging a game you haven't really played

2.)by comparing it to other games that you haven't even played for five years.
1.)I've played it long enough to know that the mechanics are nearly identical to WoW. The only thing the game has going for it is the story and voice acting. Take that away, and you're left with generic MMO #237.

2.) I've played eleven of the games I listed just this year. What's your point?

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
1.)I've played it long enough to know that the mechanics are nearly identical to WoW. The only thing the game has going for it is the story and voice acting. Take that away, and you're left with generic MMO #237.

2.) I've played eleven of the games I listed just this year. What's your point?

My point is that you included games on your list that you didn't play for at least four to five years (last time I checked WOW and EVE were still subscription based) and that you also included games you can't seriously compare to WOW (Like, for instance, Second Life or EVE).
You tried to bolster your arguments artificially, which makes it look like you were unsure about their integrity or maybe didn't include all relevant points and are trying to cover that up with a massive list. You're not even giving arguments- how do you intend to be taken seriously in a discussion when all you do is make claims you seemingly can't back up?
Do you just assume everyone has played all the games on your list and therefore naturally shares your opinion? No, of course not, that would be stupid, right?
Maybe you should just explain what exactly is similar to WOW in all those games that you listed and give us a detailed analysis of why you think SWTOR is basically WOW.

nmtonj

Soulsand
1.) Paying $15 a month and having game mechanics that are nearly identical to WoW come to mind.

2.) I haven't played a subscription based MMO in at least 4-5 years (aside from times where I was able to play a sub-based MMO for free).

Dude, how else are EA and Bioware supposed to make a profit, if they spent over $200m on this game?

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Dude, how else are EA and Bioware supposed to make a profit, if they spent over $200m on this game?
Weynard said "There havent been any real valid reasons to NOT play SWTOR". For myself (and I'm sure many others), a $15 monthly subscription is a perfectly valid reason not to play the game. Not everyone is willing to pay that kind of money to play a game.

Also, @weynard , you just said that I compared TOR to games other than WoW, when WoW is the only game that I've compared it to.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
I really didn't want to resort to profanity this time, but obviously you're fucking stupid. Let me explain why.

Weynard said "There havent been any real valid reasons to NOT play SWTOR". For myself (and I'm sure many others), a $15 monthly subscription is a perfectly valid reason not to play the game. Not everyone is willing to pay that kind of money to play a game.

A monthly recurring subscription can indeed be a deterrent for people. I may remind you though, that you yourself have been paying for such games in the past.
By the way, I didn't say "There havent been any real valid reasons to NOT play SWTOR". All I said was that I agreed to xexorian's post- that's an implication at the very most.

Also, @weynard , you just said that I compared TOR to games other than WoW, when WoW is the only game that I've compared it to.

Let me explain to you what the fuck you did, because seemingly you don't even understand it yourself:

You put a banana, an apple and about 20 other fruits in one basket and said: "These are basically 22 apples".
Now you're saying: "Back then, I just said the banana was basically an apple."

Of course you compared TOR to other games, merely by putting them on the same list and saying "all those are the same."!

Now, how about providing an in-depth analysis of your reasons for doing that? I'd just love to see you comparing EVE to WOW. I really would. There's probably only one thing I'd like more- rip that whole structure apart before your eyes because I damn well know that you can't compare these two. Ever.
And the best thing about it is that you know it too :3

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Let me explain to you what the fuck you did, because seemingly you don't even understand it yourself:

You put a banana, an apple and about 20 other fruits in one basket and said: "These are basically 22 apples".
Now you're saying: "Back then, I just said the banana was basically an apple."

Of course you compared TOR to other games, merely by putting them on the same list and saying "all those are the same."!

Now, how about providing an in-depth analysis of your reasons for doing that? I'd just love to see you comparing EVE to WOW. I really would. There's probably only one thing I'd like more- rip that whole structure apart before your eyes because I damn well know that you can't compare these two. Ever.
And the best thing about it is that you know it too :3
Yeah... you should probably re-read the thread.

-I mentioned that TOR felt way too much like WoW.
-Saprazzan said "I always think it's funny when people say MMOs are "too much like WoW." You're just telling me you never played an MMO other than WoW."
-I simply listed all of the MMOs that I've played. I wasn't comparing all of them to TOR.

How you completely misunderstood literally everything I said is beyond me.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
-I mentioned that TOR felt way too much like WoW. True
-Saprazzan said "I always think it's funny when people say MMOs are "too much like WoW." You're just telling me you never played an MMO other than WoW." What the hell does what Saprazzan said have to do with our discussion?
-I simply listed all of the MMOs that I've played. I wasn't comparing all of them to TOR. Did you evenr ead my post?

You can't make a listof games, say everything on a list is WOW and then say the games are still different. That practically provokes a misunderstanding.
I tried to explain that to you in my last post but I guess you're fucking blind, so let me explain it again:
"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - all these numbers actually equal 11. This means 2=11 and 7=11 and 5=11. But that does not mean 2=5."
That's what you said. And that's stupid.
You can't claim many things are equal to one without comparing them to each other at all, because what you want to do is show that they are equal in one specific point, that's simple goddamn logic. Can you fucking understand that, idiot?

How you completely misunderstood literally everything I said is beyond me.

Maybe you should just not write misleading posts. If you think you can get away with making half-assed accusations, unproven claims, incomplete or artificially bolstered arguments and being ignorant in a fanboi thread, then you are obviously retarded.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Alright, so now it's pretty clear that you're just trolling me. You're completely ignoring everything I'm saying and mentioning things that I've never even said.

"What the hell does what Saprazzan said have to do with our discussion?"
Read it again. I mentioned that TOR felt too much like WoW, Saprazzan replied with the quote above, and then I gave him the list of MMOs that I have played in response.

Here, read these posts in this order, it's the entire discussion from start to finish. Not once do I compare TOR to any other game except WoW.:

This post

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Alright, so now it's pretty clear that you're just trolling me.

Who's trolling whom here?
I'll admit that I haven't reread the thread entirely even now because it doesn't really matter why you posted the list, but that your information is wrong and misleading.
However, you've been completely ignoring the contents of my posts regarding your list up to now.

Since it looks like you're not capable of logical reasoning, I'll just go ahead and ignore your idiocy from now on until you choose to make an educated response to the following question:
"What are your reasons for claiming all the games on your list are World Of Warcraft?"

"educated response" means:
State your reasons for claiming every single game on your list is WOW.
"They all have quickslots" is wrong and obviously doesn't count.
In order to build a solid foundation (or any foundation at all, in this case) for your arguments, you must present facts.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
1.) I'll admit that I haven't reread the thread entirely even now because it doesn't really matter why you posted the list, but that your information is wrong and misleading.

2.) However, you've been completely ignoring the contents of my posts regarding your list up to now.

3.) "What are your reasons for claiming all the games on your list are World Of Warcraft?"
1.) This entire discussion matters on why I posted the list. You're simply choosing not to read it because you refuse to accept the fact that you are wrong. And you claim that my information is wrong. What information?

2.)Because everything that you're claiming about what I've said is absolutely wrong.

3.) You see, this is why I know you're trolling because I've never said that. Why would I give an educated response to something that I've never said before? You need to learn some reading comprehension, kid.