• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spoutcraft Bug Reports & Feedback

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I lagged out while playing and when restarting I updated Spoutcraft. I now get this error every time:
Connection Lost
Internal excepton: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 250
Never seen this before and I can log in with the regular Minecraft client just fine.

Build 1346
Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)
2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Logged in through Minecraft client, started suffocating, died. Returned within a minute and all items were gone?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I still cannot log in. I have reinstalled, and tried carious builds. I am thinking this is a problem on my end, but any help would be appreciated.

Outern

Legacy Supporter 7
I had the same problem.
I set the build to recomended and click yes on the question if you want to update.
Worked for me.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
@Afforess :( Shaders/Bad FPS/Those Shitty bugs. All due to running Mac OS.
I ran Windows 7 through Bootcamp and downloaded latest spout build as of date. and my FPS was over 100 average. I never get this. :(. So same hardware.. operating system issue then? Shaders are awesome, FPS is awesome all on windows. But on my main OS it's all the opposite.
Edit: I average 200-350 on short view distance. Craaaazy.

Do you guys have a Mac Dev on your team? Aha. I hope so.

One thing i did notice was running spout via windows made my fan go crazier than what it usually is like. Haha.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I ran Windows 7 through Bootcamp and downloaded latest spout build as of date. and my FPS was over 100 average. I never get this. :(. So same hardware.. operating system issue then? Shaders are awesome, FPS is awesome all on windows. But on my main OS it's all the opposite.

One thing i did notice was running spout via windows made my fan go crazier than what it usually is like. Haha.
Yeah, windows uses more of your shit to make shit run faster.
My fan is like a rocket, and I even had to buy a cooler to keep my legs safe from flames :/

My Spoutcraft works fine up until I log onto the server, then my screen is completely grey? Anyone know what's going on for me?

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
Floating Damage/exp/Healing - Shows false damage just because you have swung at the enemy/mob right after actually hitting them. eg, you can make about 5 or 6 hits that show 1 damage float, but only one of them hit.
Floating numbers for healing does not show.
When i use skills such as bandage/scan etc it floats an exp number of "0xp" EDIT: any skill.

connormcwood

Legacy Supporter 2
Is it only happening when you try to log onto herocraft or does it do it for all servers?

Afforess

Glowstone

This could be something to do with your graphics card drivers and OS settings. Perhaps Mac is set to not use all of your CPU/GPU? (Power settings can set an upper limit on this to conserve battery, often times the defaults suck).

With Java there aren't really any OS specific code, so if it's not working on OSX but is in Windows, I'd check drivers. Because there is not a single line of code in minecraft that goes

(if mac) do stuff
else if (windows) do other stuff

Java should work the same on all systems. That's kinda the selling point.

Joka10

Soulsand
My solution: Don't use spoutcraft... it never seems to work 100% properly.

However if you still want to use it, make sure you're using the latest development build of it. If you are, then I don't know what to tell you...

Correction. First there is a white square originating from the mini-map that rotates around as I move my camera, then my screen goes grey and I can't do anything.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
'Received string length longer than maximum allowed' and 'string length shorter than zero, weird string!', keep disconnecting and getting these messages after about a minute playing on the server.

Afforess

Glowstone
'Received string length longer than maximum allowed' and 'string length shorter than zero, weird string!', keep disconnecting and getting these messages after about a minute playing on the server.
Erg, yeah I saw those too. Would you believe it's because our developers can't count? :|

If you switch to the latest development builds before you login, it's fixed.