• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spoutcraft Bug Reports & Feedback

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
i have a 4gb ram macbookpro i5 and allocated 2gb to it, still crashing. spout has failed me too many times. default client is where its at

Hi guys. Now, I'm no good at computers (just missed the generational mark I think) but I can follow instructions well. And I apologize in advance if anything I mention has already been resolved by someone; just point me in the right direction.
I just got this fabulous new laptop that blows my 6 year old desktop out of the water, and most everything is working fine except Spout. (Technic also does not work but I suspect the problems aren't related as vanilla is unaffected).
When I run spout, the splash appears and I'm taken to the login screen. The text blub says loading RSS feed but it does not move passed it. When I attempt to log in, it tells me it is connecting to minecraft.net but the client does not advance further. I have made sure I'm running 64bit java on my 64bit windows, and I've replaced the .jar file a few times. (I'm not sure why I did that, but kiddos are always going on about jar files so I thought it made sense).

Thanks for your help.
-Jessebelle V.

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
Can someone walk me through how to get a 1.3 build of Spout working. Either that or give me a 1.3 .jar with allowed HC mods, but most importantly keybinds. I'm not sure if the second solution is entirely allowed right now, so it would be better to help me with spout.

sirhcx

TNT
Spoutcraft cant connect with my Minecraft account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both and still have this issue. I had no problems when I was playing prior to the DDOS attack.

narrowtux

Retired Staff
Spoutcraft cant connect with my Minecraft account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both and still have this issue. I had no problems when I was playing prior to the DDOS attack.
Are you using your minecraft IGN or your email address?

Wulfspider

Gold
Hi guys. Now, I'm no good at computers (just missed the generational mark I think) but I can follow instructions well. And I apologize in advance if anything I mention has already been resolved by someone; just point me in the right direction.
I just got this fabulous new laptop that blows my 6 year old desktop out of the water, and most everything is working fine except Spout. (Technic also does not work but I suspect the problems aren't related as vanilla is unaffected).
When I run spout, the splash appears and I'm taken to the login screen. The text blub says loading RSS feed but it does not move passed it. When I attempt to log in, it tells me it is connecting to minecraft.net but the client does not advance further. I have made sure I'm running 64bit java on my 64bit windows, and I've replaced the .jar file a few times. (I'm not sure why I did that, but kiddos are always going on about jar files so I thought it made sense).

Thanks for your help.
-Jessebelle V.
You have security software blocking the connection, likely AVG or AVG LinkScanner. Adding an exception or disabling it would solve the issue.

Can someone walk me through how to get a 1.3 build of Spout working. Either that or give me a 1.3 .jar with allowed HC mods, but most importantly keybinds. I'm not sure if the second solution is entirely allowed right now, so it would be better to help me with spout.
Simply download the launcher from http://get.spout.org, start it, enter your login details, select "Latest" for the version instead of "Recommended", then login. Done! ;)

Either you have security software blocking it such as AVG, or you are trying to login with a username for a migrated Mojang account. You'd need to use your email address and the password for that account if you migrated it.[DOUBLEPOST=1347558327][/DOUBLEPOST]
1gb, everyone has problems with spout these days.
Not really. It just depends on the issue. The project is under continuous development and bug squashing, especially after major updates such as 1.3. If you simply report the bugs along with client logs, they are sure to get fixed. ;)

You have security software blocking the connection, likely AVG or AVG LinkScanner. Adding an exception or disabling it would solve the issue.

Simply download the launcher from http://get.spout.org, start it, enter your login details, select "Latest" for the version instead of "Recommended", then login. Done! ;)

Either you have security software blocking it such as AVG, or you are trying to login with a username for a migrated Mojang account. You'd need to use your email address and the password for that account if you migrated it.[DOUBLEPOST=1347558327][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not really. It just depends on the issue. The project is under continuous development and bug squashing, especially after major updates such as 1.3. If you simply report the bugs along with client logs, they are sure to get fixed. ;)
Something went wrong with AVG causing it to stop working and suddenly spout is functional. I am horrified it was this easy. Thank you all! <3

Wulfspider

Gold
Something went wrong with AVG causing it to stop working and suddenly spout is functional. I am horrified it was this easy. Thank you all! <3
Yup, AVG likes being a thorn in our side! Hopefully that will all be fixed soon though, as we're going to be signing our launcher soon so AVG and other software should trust it more and not be silly about it.