• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spoutcraft Bug Reports & Feedback

Afforess

Glowstone
In case you are not aware, I'm a developer for Spout and Spoutcraft. Spoutcraft is a client mod that is super easy to install and boasts a variety of features, from improved server API (this means mana bar, cool gui's, etc), to minimap, shortcuts, and a redesign of most of the menus and a huge variety of performance and customization options. It gives you complete control over how the game looks and feels in the most user-friendly possible way.

I also love playing on Herocraft. I am a legit player and you can often find me in game on weekends. Don't kill me too often! :p

Download: http://get.spout.org
Note: you may have to select "Latest Development Builds" in the options menu before logging in for 1.2.4

When posting a bug report include:
  1. Spoutcraft Build (visible in the about page)
  2. Description of the issue/how to reproduce
    • (Screenshots are helpful!)
  3. System specs (Mac/PC/Linux, Processor, Graphics Card, & RAM)
You can also post feedback/suggestions, but I am generally going to reject anything that is overly complicated or targeted at just this server (Spoutcraft is used by 50000 players every day, not just Herocraft).

An example of a reasonable feature request:
An elegant redesign of some menu or interface

An example of an unreasonable feature request:
Custom monsters, anything that lets you cheat, or Herocraft specific content.

Fire away.

Recent Spoutcraft News:
  • Experienced DNS outage for majority of 26-3-2012. Everything should be fixed by now! Sorry!
  • Minimap and Overview map finished! Press 'p' in game and click on the map to add waypoints!

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey afforess, can you view a .screen flow file ( i believe that that is the proper ext)? I would like to record what is happening

Afforess

Glowstone
Interesting. Upload a copy of your spoutcraft logs. They will be in .spoutcraft/logs (where .spoutcraft is in the same place as your .minecraft folder is)

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
Getting a problem where when another player is near me, i start to see black particles and cannot read signs as they are blacked out, i also get this white thing surrounding my sword,

strange but it doesnt happen when im not near people

@Neotetro and someone else had the same problem

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Getting a problem where when another player is near me, i start to see black particles and cannot read signs as they are blacked out, i also get this white thing surrounding my sword,

strange but it doesnt happen when im not near people

@Neotetro and someone else had the same problem

Are you using a texturepack? Just curious.

Afforess

Glowstone
It could be the DNS issue that affected a lot of people. The thing about DNS is that when you make a change to a DNS host file, it takes up to 24 hours for the change to be reflected everywhere. Annoying, but such is the state of the internet.

You can often force it by a reboot, but if your ISP has an old copy from it's DNS, it will still be old. :|

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Whatever that is supposed to mean....

I had this happen to me too when a jinder disarmed me. I also have the sign problem where I dont see a thing on it at a mid-close range. Weird stuff...

Afforess

Glowstone
Whatever that is supposed to mean....

I had this happen to me too when a jinder disarmed me. I also have the sign problem where I dont see a thing on it at a mid-close range. Weird stuff...
The sign problem is a feature not a bug. Signs are a notorious fps killer. (Load a sp world and place 100 signs in a tight area, and watch your FPS drop from 60 to 15). There is an option to control how far away you can read text on a sign. If it bugs you, turn it up to infinite.

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
Not so a much a report, but more of a question. Is it possible to transfer an MC SSP world save on to Spout? I haven't even looked in to it, so forgive me if it's very easy.

Afforess

Glowstone
Not so a much a report, but more of a question. Is it possible to transfer an MC SSP world save on to Spout? I haven't even looked in to it, so forgive me if it's very easy.
Copy the folder from .minecraft/saves to .spoutcraft/saves

That's it. :)