• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ranger skills?

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
Like for instance the starter class can only have leather armor. And you get poison arrow at lvl 30 and root at 45....

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Like for instance the starter class can only have leather armor. And you get poison arrow at lvl 30 and root at 45....
I still think root on a starter class is a bit much

donnymeyer

Obsidian
no root in starter path.

starter path: base hp: 45 with full armor:57

dracher ( dragoonish archer) base: 40hp can ues chain chest and leggings, with full armor : 60hp

urban archer (temp. name) base: 47 hp, can use chain chest and legging. with fulll armor:63hp

hunter: base: 45 hp can use chain boots. with full armor : 57hp

ranger.. will be ranger. hp and axe has to be nerfed, abalities have to be supersized.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Ok how bout ice arrow it slows the person down.
even so that is a lvl 25 ranger skill :p
No other starter class has a disable of any kind so imo neither should this one

donnymeyer

Obsidian
one thing about the metior arrow.now, im on top of the spire of sf and you stupidly decided to mine driectly below me to bedrock. when i use the skill it would gain so much speed, it would split the atom it hits, causing minecraft to break until further notice.

Spicycheez

Portal
I was thinking about something that pulls the victim closer to the caster
(Name)-Pulls the victim closer to the caster
Dmg- 15
Regents-One string
Mana- 40%
Kind of like tying a rope to your arrow, shooting it and pulling the victim closer

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
what kind of like the monk skill force pull?

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Ya, you wouldn't want to bring them closer, it defeats the purpose of the bow, a 'ranged' weapon. I think that Ranger could be incorporated into here as a spec, adding another rogue, and the other 'Archer' Specs can be more or less based off the Ranger.
-Ranger: Get rid of track, add more bow skills, and an axe skill (halfway decent axe fighter, moderate bow dmg. Meant for moderate damage and moderate support, more on the dmg side.)

-Scout: Has track, sneaky skills (moderate bow dmg, halfway decent melee dmg, exceptional skills. Meant for moderate dmg and moderate support, more on the support side)

-Marksman: Has high damage bow attacks that do not inflict many serious conditions on the target, unlike the Ranger (high bow dmg, low melee dmg. Long range fighter meant for high damage)

-Overwatch (temp name): Minor group boosts/heals, minor increase in users damage when within 20 or so blocks of a party member (moderate/low dmg, moderate hp, moderate group buffs. Designed for support of party members)

donnymeyer

Obsidian
well, somewhere i wrote something down that would let a level 50 urban archer. leash theri enemy so they have no control over themselves. wow would that be annnoying! cost= 1 slimeball, 1 string

donnymeyer

Obsidian
Ya, you wouldn't want to bring them closer, it defeats the purpose of the bow, a 'ranged' weapon. I think that Ranger could be incorporated into here as a spec, adding another rogue, and the other 'Archer' Specs can be more or less based off the Ranger.
-Ranger: Get rid of track, add more bow skills, and an axe skill (halfway decent axe fighter, moderate bow dmg. Meant for moderate damage and moderate support, more on the dmg side.)

-Scout: Has track, sneaky skills (moderate bow dmg, halfway decent melee dmg, exceptional skills. Meant for moderate dmg and moderate support, more on the support side)

-Marksman: Has high damage bow attacks that do not inflict many serious conditions on the target, unlike the Ranger (high bow dmg, low melee dmg. Long range fighter meant for high damage)

-Overwatch (temp name): Minor group boosts/heals, minor increase in users damage when within 20 or so blocks of a party member (moderate/low dmg, moderate hp, moderate group buffs. Designed for support of party members)

congratulations! you have now given us options to pick from to become specs! /changed the thread forever

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
well, somewhere i wrote something down that would let a level 50 urban archer. leash theri enemy so they have no control over themselves. wow would that be annnoying! cost= 1 slimeball, 1 string
As in random uncontrollable movement?

donnymeyer

Obsidian
as it they would be roped to the shooters bow and would follow the movments the shooter did.

ranger- level 25- slimearrow- caster shoots an arrow that slows the enemy for 5 seconds.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Hmm that would be quite difficult to code xD

ranger- level 25- slimearrow- caster shoots an arrow that slows the enemy for 5 seconds.
You just suggested a skill that already exists.
only its called Ice Arrow

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i agree...

with the slimearrow? i think most of it was coded with freeze, the nerco abality. thinking of icearrow, the slime arrow would haave to quite honestly freeze the target

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
abIlity

the slime arrow would have to quite honestly freeze the target
Yea but you can't give them too many stuns/holds considering most specs only have 1 or less movement impairing skill.