• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ranger skills?

donnymeyer

Obsidian
This Path would be far too over powered in comparison to any of the other paths.
Most paths have no more than 3 skills.
You are suggesting a skill that does equal damage to the highest damage nuke in the game atm for a path.
As if that class wasnt already rediculous with this one skill all of its other skills would make as powerful as most specs. This is one of the most imbalanced suggestions I have ever seen.

No offense :/
still pessimistic Danda?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not pessimistic I was just pointing out that the numbers you were using were a little high. :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Na the suggestion isn't bad but the balance on your post is terrible xD

I really don't like this suggestion, I'm sorry but this just has no template, seems hastily though up, and overpowered in every right. I didn't even want to read the last parts it was such an eyesore, if you want me (or anyone for that matter) to critique this fairly and accurately you should probably do a little bit of editing and make it look nicer.

This <-- Is a great example of how to make a clean and accurate suggestion. Also, take the time to actually think of how overpowered these skills are. (Also take note that coding it would take forever and/or be impossible.)

donnymeyer

Obsidian
two things
1. balance team?
2. i reposted because of only 2 classes able to use the bow. idea over. forever.

also, you said you were adding new skills to every class, and a lot of people liked these skills

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The Balance team is a newly founded staff team that tests class balance and will attempt to make all classes appealing in their own way while keeping everything balanced.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
The Balance team is a newly founded staff team that tests class balance and will attempt to make all classes appealing in their own way while keeping everything balanced.
i'd apply but i too young D: also, to clear this up, ill change the title.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Right now the Balance Team is not adding skill, but are modifying the current skills to make certain class more/less powerful and some classes more appealing to play.

Aetosion

Obsidian
The general change proposed happened to be a list of skills, if I'm not mistaken.

Everything proposed also made Ranger even more powerful. The goal of a class related suggestion is not to make your class better than all others, but instead suggest a change that would work well with Heroes. Rangers are already relatively over-powered, what with their mastery of all aspects their versatility delves into. If anything, I'd expect Rangers to get a tad bit weaker next update or so.

New skills get added to classes when they're in need of additions to their repertoire. For example, I'd expect Bloodmage to get some new skills, or Druid, but not Ranger any time soon.

I never did understand why they called it ranger. Official Ranger definition - a soldier specially trained in close-range fighting and in raiding tactics.

If not a new class, a name change should be in order.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I never did understand why they called it ranger. Official Ranger definition - a soldier specially trained in close-range fighting and in raiding tactics.

If not a new class, a name change should be in order.
You need a better dictionary. We will not be changing the name of Ranger.

rang·er (r
amacr.gif
n
prime.gif
j
schwa.gif
r)

n.
1. A wanderer; a rover.