• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ranger skills?

donnymeyer

Obsidian
hello herocraft, ive already taken a shot at this but im going to try again. Herocraft needs an archer path, not one spec off of rogue. I mean 5 paths and only one spec that can use a bow? with an archer path, lost of people wouldnt have to master rogue just to spec into ranger, the only bow class. considering some people aren't the best at melee, they wouldn't have to spec into a non pvp class just to be useful in the town. I understand that the Heroes Mod is still in progress, but if you can please add an archer class.​

DRAFT of the path, specs and skills​

MAIN path:​
Archer​

melee weapon: axe iron axe does 3hp​
bow- does 8hp when fully charged​
level one hp without armor- 35​

level 5- speedarrow- an arrow that deals 11hp when bow is fully charged and causes knockback.​

level 10- mark and recall​

level 25- poison arrow. an arrow that poisons the target, deals 4hp on hit, poisons 10hp over 30 seconds in not antidoted.​

level 35- multishot- when used, your bow fires 7 arrows that do 2hp each.​

level 50 hp= 50ish​

specs- hunter bow does 13hp when fully charged. melee- gold axe does 5hp​
hp=45​
- has poisonarrow, mark and recall at level one.​
level 5- penetration arrow- similar to speedarrow, except can penetrate glass, leaves and glowstone. does 17 dammage upon hit.​
level 10- gill.​
level 25- camoflause- if the caster is ONE BLOCK behind another block, they cloak as long as they have the same block in their inventory. ex. im behind a stone wall, i have 64 stone in my inventory. i loose 2 mana per second and one block per second.​
level 35- climb- cost-4 slimeballs, 1 mana per second. the caster can climb any block.​

level 50- silent kill- deadly arrow that does 29 hp, and if it kills the target, it is not shown​

allowed armor leather, chain boots. with full armor hp= 55​

in the chatbar. look in the comments for more specs! ( there are two NEW specs :))​
Ideas of the thread changed to : possible ranger skills.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
Agreed, if you give your ideas, it is more likely to be noticed. If you want a class badly enough you need to make people know what you want it to be like.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
good point. ill post some of the abalities ive thought up now, and some when i come back (a few hrs.)

--main path--

level 5- poison arrow

causes target to loose health from poison over time.

level 10- mark and recall

level 25- speed arrow

when fired at a target, target is nocked back, slawed and bleeds 20hp over 7 seconds.

level 40- mulitshot. arrows deal 6hp each.

this is NOT barrage- allows caster to fire 4 arrows in the direction of enemies

level 50- silent kill

allows caster do fire a deadly arrow that does 30hp dammage, and when/iff enemy dies from arrow, the kill is not shown in the chatbar.

bow does 12 hp on regular hit, can use iron pick stone tools, and no sword.

will post specs when i come back!

edit: silent kill is not for the main path, but for the spec hunter below.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
by the way c12 and jack: thanks for telling me what i should do to make it better instead of saying " wtf just spec to ranger noob"

c12095

Holy Shit!
level 50- silent kill

allows caster do fire a deadly arrow that does 55hp dammage, and when/iff enemy dies from arrow, the kill is not shown in the chatbar.

I really like the idea of this, gives rangers more reason to play it smart when their ambushing their target insted of root and run 4 times until their dead. However the damage seems to be far to high, due to the fact that they can come in and root you then take the time to aim and snipe you for close to half your hp if not more depending on your class.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
I really like the idea of this, gives rangers more reason to play it smart when their ambushing their target insted of root and run 4 times until their dead. However the damage seems to be far to high, due to the fact that they can come in and root you then take the time to aim and snipe you for close to half your hp if not more depending on your class.

you have a point, the dammage done should be... 35 or lower

specs:

hunter melee weapon- axe- gold axe does 6 hp

gain all skills archer gets at level except silent kill and multishot

level 10- gill- allows longer breathing underwater

level 15- poison arrow

arrow that poisons enemy

level 25- sneak yes, its a base skill for rogues, but hunting is silent and presice

level 40- penetration arrow- replacees speed arrow, does more dammage, can penetrate leaves, glass glowstone . has nockback. does 25 hp ( over time), compared to the speed arrows 20. target bleeds and is slowed for for 12 seconds.

level 50- silent kill

skill listed above
ranger will also be a spec of this class.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
working a more urban archer class now,

high jump- self explanitory
some skills

multishot

rapple shot- allows caster to shoot arrow at a block, and they rapple up to it.

autoarrow (arrows do 3hp each, has nockback)

bank shot- fires an arrow that bounces off blocks, dies down after 5 seconds

the bow for this class would do less dammage, and thus there axe would do 6.5 hp (gold) and 5.5 hp (dimoand)

breach- level 45 or 5o skill that when used, would break down an iron door (open it)

tomahawk- consmes one iron axe- you get the idea- does 2hp upon hit, target bleeds 6hp over 10 seconds

GraRona

Portal
I like the silent kill skill but again like c12 said, the damage needs to be normalised. However, I am against the idea of a separate path for archers. I think we should have more specs that can use the bow.

madsplatter

Diamond
I can understand a separate path, but then what will the specs be..? Besides for having a bow, can you generate enough skills to be divided among 4 archer specs?

donnymeyer

Obsidian
honestly, thats all i want. but it will hard to give random specs bows, so i came up with this. i have 3 classes down, and i can tell im going to get bombed with people telling me that this is a bad idea.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
I can understand a separate path, but then what will the specs be..? Besides for having a bow, can you generate enough skills to be divided among 4 archer specs?
i got three down. it would be great if you guys ( who arent haters about this) could help me come up with it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
good point. ill post some of the abalities ive thought up now, and some when i come back (a few hrs.)

--main path--

level 5- poison arrow

causes target to loose health from poison over time.

level 10- mark and recall

level 25- speed arrow

when fired at a target, target is nocked back, slawed and bleeds 20hp over 7 seconds.

level 40- mulitshot.

this is NOT barrage- allows caster to fire 5 arrows in the direction of enemies

level 50- silent kill

allows caster do fire a deadly arrow that does 55hp dammage, and when/iff enemy dies from arrow, the kill is not shown in the chatbar.

bow does 15 hp on regular hit, can use iron pick stone tools, and no sword.

will post specs when i come back!
This Path would be far too over powered in comparison to any of the other paths.
Most paths have no more than 3 skills.
You are suggesting a skill that does equal damage to the highest damage nuke in the game atm for a path.
As if that class wasnt already rediculous with this one skill all of its other skills would make as powerful as most specs. This is one of the most imbalanced suggestions I have ever seen.

No offense :/

donnymeyer

Obsidian
im working on it. silent kill is going to be level 50 for one of the SPECS. getting rid of that, the class has 3 abalities. what do you mean about the highest dmg for the nuke atm? by the way, the regen time and mana cost for those abalities would be high.

dont worry. soon staff will come to, once again, shoot down my idea.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
im working on it. silent kill is going to be level 50 for one of the SPECS. getting rid of that, the class has 3 abalities. what do you mean about the highest dmg for the nuke atm? by the way, the regen time and mana cost for those abalities would be high.
This highest damage skill in the game at the moment is Harm Touch which does 35 damage and has a 15 minute cool-down and also uses 100% mana.
Just saying.

also PLEASE learn to use spell check >.<

Also compare the abilities you have given your path to the abilities any other path has.
- Your basic ranged attack does more damage than a Ninja does with a gold sword as a path.
- Poison arrow is a skill a Ranger gets at level 20 you are giving this is a level 5 path Ranger is a spec.
- Speed Arrow does the same damage as a caster's fireball (this includes the dot on it) not to mention you have added in a knockback AND a slow.

and I cannot really comment on Multishot as you have not stated how much damage each arrow will do but i'm going to guess it will be as overpowered as all of your other skills.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i said somewhereabove that /silentkill dammage was going to be lowered to 30 or lower, and it would cost 75% mana, with a cooldown of 15 mins.

spellcheck?!? i hold a record for spelling 55% of things i type wrong

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
i said somewhereabove that /silentkill dammage was going to be lowered to 30 or lower, and it would cost 75% mana, with a cooldown of 15 mins.
spellcheck?!? i hold a record for spelling 55% of things i type wrong
Actually you said 35

and holy shit do you even think about balance before writing this stuff down?

level 50- shock arrow- an arrow that when hits an enemy, it disarms and holds them in placefor 7 seconds. target bleeds 25 over 10 seconds. dammages any metalic armor/items the enemy has.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
no. im starting high/with high expecations to get the best possible. yes, you and 90% oh herocraft will shoot down the idea, i will nerf the skill, and the people who shoot down the idea will be somewhat happy, and tell me another skill i should lower.

looking back on the skill, its overpowered by 125892352684395632495238094to the 425826 power

donnymeyer

Obsidian
Also compare the abilities you have given your path to the abilities any other path has.
- Your basic ranged attack does more damage than a Ninja does with a gold sword as a path.
- Poison arrow is a skill a Ranger gets at level 20 you are giving this is a level 5 path Ranger is a spec.
- Speed Arrow does the same damage as a caster's fireball (this includes the dot on it) not to mention you have added in a knockback AND a slow.

and I cannot really comment on Multishot as you have not stated how much damage each arrow will do but i'm going to guess it will be as overpowered as all of your other skills.

-basic ranged attack as in pulling the bow back as far as posib( ill change it to 10 its a bow.). if you pull the bow back 75% it will deal 6hp 50% it will deal 4 and 25% it will deal 2hp dammage.

-after overreading this, the bleed effect and slow it overpowered. butive learned by experience that when you fire an arrow going at X mph, it will usally cause it to nockback, and it , in no way, will be able to move at the same speed.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Maybe so but It should not be a path skill it's far too strong for that.
Also going off the shere damage all of these class's skills do they should have like 60hp max

rapple shot- allows caster to shoot arrow at a block, and they rapple up to it.
penetration arrow- replacees speed arrow, does more dammage, can penetrate leaves, glass glowstone . has nockback. does 25 hp ( over time), compared to the speed arrows 20. target bleeds and is slowed for for 12 seconds.
bank shot- fires an arrow that bounces off blocks, dies down after 5 seconds
Bank shot & penetration arrow would be a bitch to code
and Grapple has a g in it and there also needs to be limitations on how far you can grapple or It should have a very high cooldown.