• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ranger skills?

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i agree. like i said, king of spelling errors (or so said my english teacher) and yes, there would be a... 10 block raidus of how far the grapple would be usable. not to mention it would consume a slime ball.

i was thinking 45hp base and 60 hp max (leather armor)

donnymeyer

Obsidian
yes. really, any ideas?

i was brainstorming for a dragoon like archer.

what i have? level 10-superjump- caster can jump 3 blocks ( cooldown= 10 mins mp= 50)

level 15- marksman shot- kind of like speed arrow, exceptdeals -1hp damage, and has and makes enemy think god shot an arrow at them

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Hmm for the cost of a slimeball I would say that the grapple could go a bit further considering blink & jump have 0 reagents and blink can go 10 blocks in any direction and jump can go up 5 blocks and forward about 25~ (if the jumper is competent)

donnymeyer

Obsidian
yes. considering so it could, if scripted so, grapple and techencally capture/leash an enemy, and typing that i came up with a new skill

level 30,( tell me if it should be for spec of path)- captureshot- fires an arrow that when hits an enemy will leash them to your bow consumes 60 mana and has 1 hour cooldown.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
new abalities

dracher-
level 30- metior arrow fires an arrow that gains speed and dammage the farther down it is fired from ex:

im in a tower 10 blocks above you and i use metior arrow- it would gain speed, but not much. so the arrow would deal 3.5 hp dammage

now, ive upgraded the tower to 5o blocks high and i use metior arrow. the arrow gains lots of speed and when it hits the target and deals 17 dammage to the target

level 40- wallclimb- this would use up 3 mana per second used. the caster can jump onto a wall and climb the wall b holding shift. this consumes four slimeballs.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
The meteor arrow idea is neat, but I don't think there are any rules regarding velocity or physics at all (sans gravity) in Minecraft.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
double post! and you are correct, no physics. but it is possible for scripters to make the arrow do 1 hp more dammage per block that has a lower y coordinate.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I mean I agree with Aph alot of this is a good concept it just needs ALOT of ironing out :p

donnymeyer

Obsidian
thank you!!!!! for more abalities:

urban archer (temp name) level 30-steal consumes slimeball and one string. steals the item that the target is holding. if it is a stackable item, it only takes ONE. so sorry, you cant rob 64 gold, only one. mp= 50 , cooldown is 4 mins

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Wouldn' this devalu players who are already rangers, as they worked hard for the ability to use a bow, and have poison arrow and the likes, but now any noob could join the archer class and use a bow. For his concept to work, I think rangers would have to be given a whole bunch of good new skills.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Like I said alot of ironing out. aka the whole starter class needs to be re-done imo but ye :p

Tbh the starter class looks more like a spec than a path :p

donnymeyer

Obsidian
Wouldn' this devalu players who are already rangers, as they worked hard for the ability to use a bow, and have poison arrow and the likes, but now any noob could join the archer class and use a bow. For his concept to work, I think rangers would have to be given a whole bunch of good new skills.

yes. the bow for the main class will have to deal... 10 hp, and ranger needs a hell of a lot of boosting. the mp for the skills of the base class will be twice or three tims as much as the skill in the ranget class.
danda, youre right. it is way op, and needs to be fixed. rember the class has lower hp than rogue, and their iron pick deals 3hp. its going to have disadvantages, too. but it still has to be fixed,