• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's Not Enable TNT in Regions

MajorasMask

Ungodly
MajorasMask it's not all about the loot. Some people just want to kill.

Also, I'd like to see a TNT cannon used as accurately as you say they will be used. I'm not convinced.

Also, you don't need to be a donor to push your community to kingdom status so you can just suggest people get off of their asses and do it instead?

Alot of people do not like the cost of kingdom and think it's worth the investment. Now it will be. It's greater protection against TNT cannons than obsidian fortifications IMO.

Also, the most practical use of TNT cannons to breach towns will be undergound in tunnels that lead up to the edge of a town. Plus, the most common use for these cannons I can forsee will be underground against undercity walls. A fitting punishment for living underground instead of building both above ground and below like the good old days.

Personally, i'm not convinced that giving raiders the ability to access just about any part of a town is a good thing. Oh, what a great idea, let's spend hours building nice castles, underground complexes and homes only to have them all breached by TNT. And no, I don't want to live in obsidian city.

And if a town wants to remain on its own, or is unable to join a kingdom given it's location.... what then?

Accuracy doesn't really matter when you can just blow the shit out of everything with one basic cannon. Like I said; spread cannons do an excellent job of opening up a huge area. You're bound to find at least a few chests open. And if not, then you'll still be treated with access to what were once a safe haven; houses and undercities. What good is building both an overcity and an undercity if they are to be breached with ease? If anything, this would just encourage more people to live further underground as that is the safest place to be.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Personally, i'm not convinced that giving raiders the ability to access just about any part of a town is a good thing. Oh, what a great idea, let's spend hours building nice castles, underground complexes and homes only to have them all breached by TNT. And no, I don't want to live in obsidian city.

And if a town wants to remain on its own, or is unable to join a kingdom given it's location.... what then?

Accuracy doesn't really matter when you can just blow the shit out of everything with one basic cannon. Like I said; spread cannons do an excellent job of opening up a huge area. You're bound to find at least a few chests open. And if not, then you'll still be treated with access to what were once a safe haven; houses and undercities. What good is building both an overcity and an undercity if they are to be breached with ease? If anything, this would just encourage more people to live further underground as that is the safest place to be.

Or they could stop being a hamlet and upgrade their town, but not expand their undercity to fit the larger region!

Take Newerth for example: It's entire original hamlet region was mined out. However it's surrounded by capital regions, and now kingdom regions. There isn't a TNT cannon in the world that will breach that sucker, and it's not made of obsidian.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Im still curious as too how it will work ? Will it be a skill that like allows you to spawn a pre-built catapult like the "Dirt Wall" ability ? and you just load it up and fire ? Or do you have to make it all yourself and then load and fire it ?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Im still curious as too how it will work ? Will it be a skill that like allows you to spawn a pre-built catapult like the "Dirt Wall" ability ? and you just load it up and fire ? Or do you have to make it all yourself and then load and fire it ?

You'll have to make it all yourself. So the big ones, which are necessary for breaching some towns, will have to be taken down or I assume it will be considered griefing; much like dirt pillars but to an even greater extent.

MajDeath

Portal
Option 1: Cannon
Option 2: Dig to blocked holes into the towns UC from mining tunnels and walk on in after placing TNT.
Option 3: Place TNT firmly on wall of town, light and run.
Options 4+: (Many bugs and exploits)

Tom_Dearinger

Legacy Supporter 4
You all have it lucky, I got fuckin Creepers blowin my town up... I SAY Enable the little red blocks from hell and begin the ultimate server lagggg

No for real I wanted to be a miner, but If I cant use my TNT skill for anything besides a lucky pvp kill its worthless to me. ENABLE IT!

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
You'll have to make it all yourself. So the big ones, which are necessary for breaching some towns, will have to be taken down or I assume it will be considered griefing; much like dirt pillars but to an even greater extent.

I thought you could only make them obsid :eek: ?
Can temp ones be made of dirt or whatever ?

MajDeath

Portal
You all have it lucky, I got fuckin Creepers blowin my town up... I SAY Enable the little red blocks from hell and begin the ultimate server lagggg

No for real I wanted to be a miner, but If I cant use my TNT skill for anything besides a lucky pvp kill its worthless to me. ENABLE IT!

You can use tnt still, it just does not damage blocks, but it can still damage people.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
So the simple solution would be to use obsidian to cover your chests - the problem with this is that obsidian is a pain in the rear to break without a good tool so no more quick access to chests. I suppose you can keep an lwc with an enchanted diamond pick to break into the other chests.. Oh well - time to collect more obsidian before the price goes up.

Can we get range on these cannons before they go live so we can devise some defenses before getting bombarded ?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
TNT cannons are everyone's friend. I ignored the concept completely until yesterday seeing that Ive never played on a faction server. Overall I'm impressed with the research I've done and am doing data analysis to distinguish what kind of cannon will do what, and at what cost.

Food for thought, if a cannon is created 100 blocks from a town, couldn't that cannon be claimed? I'm entitled to think so.