• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's Not Enable TNT in Regions

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
We are revamping our entire protection system.
I want to provide "regions" to all members so that they can create a small area to live without constant threat of grief. This small area WILL cost coins and (hopefully, have an unkeep/decay on it).

I believe that we have the power and knowledge to please and make systems attractive to all users. I do not wish to support the immediate dismissal of a new player simply because someone has been around longer.

Please note that the only achievable way to "use" tnt is by placing it into a player-made cannon and aiming it at the walls of an opposing township. Townships want to ensure that their protection / walls are not at the "edge" so players cant simple place / destroy it.

Thankyou for the clarification Kain, But as said prior, hopefully the ability to invade walls will be made :)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
For all those who are terrified of this news as both Kainzo and Delf have said above, "TNT cannot be placed in regioned areas.

• If your chests are in the center of your town or underground they are not going to be breached.
  • If your town is part of a Kingdom with Kingdom regions you are 100% safe.
  • If your chest room and storage rooms are built with Obsidian walls or ceilings then they are safe.
  • If you place Obsidian over your chests then they are safe.
  • If the raiders blow up your chests they are safe.
  • If you put a layer of sand/gravel between your walls the upper layers will fall blocking any openings until they respawn.

Pretty much if you have a town and you put a little thought into it you will be safe from loosing your chests to raiders. With personal regions given to non donors that will also make it very easy to protect chests.

I am not a huge raider but I like the idea and there are plenty of ways to keep safe.
I would say if anything that TNT will not actually do very much at all and people will complain that it needs to somehow be less restricted.

Delfofthebla , new trap idea. In regions, put TNT low enough to blow a large hole but not damage the player on the surface. The ground disappears and the player falls into the hole. The player cannot get out of the regioned hole and after a few seconds the player is engulfed in regenerated blocks and suffocates. Fun.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Agree with alot of you on here.

My 2c: Lwcs are accessible to non-donors. Even at high donor levels, it is still similar in price. The donor perks are not meant to be gamebreaking and I do not see this as a pay2win strategy. Sure you can't LWC ALL of your stuff, but all of your valuables will be fine if you aren't like brand new. If you haven't earned enough money for your first LWC, you haven't gotten far on HC and have nothing worth looting.

Also, I think the protection against TNT will be a good incentive to get other communities on the server to make kingdoms. Right now the only incentive is that huge region and building cool stuff between your towns without fear of grief. Now it will actually protect you.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I dunno, i understand from the clarifications that it will be very difficult to use tnt because of the limits preventing use in regions but then . . .the tnt mod seems kind of lame compared to what i hoped for. I would prefer everyone be able to use tnt everywhere, even in regions, so they can literally blow open your house and gank you even in the center / undercity of a town - to me that would promote more fun pvp where enemies could take over each others towns until successfully pushed out. BUT chests should be protected from griefing in some manner other than LWC. This simply may not be possible due to restrictions in coding, but having everyone build obsidian rooms to protect things will result in alot of cube rooms and is not completely satisfactory to me.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Why do kingdoms get special protections? This doesn't make sense.

Edit: I misunderstood. What I thought I heard was that TNT wouldn't affect any blocks in a kingdom. What they actually meant was it's a lot harder to use a TNT cannon effectively against a kingdom, since you can build well inside your borders. Dielan9999

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
For all those who are terrified of this news as both Kainzo and Delf have said above, "TNT cannot be placed in regioned areas.

• If your chests are in the center of your town or underground they are not going to be breached.
  • If your chest room and storage rooms are built with Obsidian walls or ceilings then they are safe.
  • If you put a layer of sand/gravel between your walls the upper layers will fall blocking any openings until they respawn.

Sums up my previous 10 posts nicely, thankyou delf :)

My 2c: Lwcs are accessible to non-donors. Even at high donor levels, it is still similar in price. The donor perks are not meant to be gamebreaking and I do not see this as a pay2win strategy. Sure you can't LWC ALL of your stuff, but all of your valuables will be fine if you aren't like brand new. If you haven't earned enough money for your first LWC, you haven't gotten far on HC and have nothing worth looting.

Also, I think the protection against TNT will be a good incentive to get other communities on the server to make kingdoms. Right now the only incentive is that huge region and building cool stuff between your towns without fear of grief. Now it will actually protect you.

Strongly agree, makes kingdoms have alot more benefit to outway the substantial costs of kingdom tax, The TNT destruction of walls sounds great, but as mentioned by delf, IT CAN NOT BE PLACED INSIDE THE REGION, so all chests inside houses will be safe if covered !

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Why do kingdoms get special protections? This doesn't make sense.

Kingdoms don't get "special protections" but they do he a huge regions that is much larger then their town regions. Since you cannot place TNT in regions you cannot attack any towns that are part of an official Kingdom because you will not be able to shoot the TNT far enough.

I suppose you could call that "special protctions" but keep in mind that it costs 75k and then every week an additional 1000c worth of goods to maintain a Kingdom. So for the price paid it seems fair enough.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Ok so let me clear some things up.

You cannot place TNT within regions, but TNT will blow regioned areas up. This means you can use TNT cannons to blow up someones town walls, and/or undercity. The only things TNT will not blow up within a town region are LWC'd chests and Obsidian. TNT cannot destroy an LWC chest.

It will technically be possible to blow up "only" the dirt block above a chest within a town region. If this happens, raiders will be able to loot the items from the chest. Now, because you are dealing with TNT cannons and not direct TNT placement, it will be difficult to accomplish this. However, it WILL be possible.

Now let's say that TNT blows up the chest itself. If this occurs, the items will be 100% safe, but for a short amount of time, the chest will not be there. When the regioned area regenerates, it will place the chest back where it was before, and then place the items into the chest just as they were before.

One thing you guys aren't necessarily considering is the fact that obsidian is unbreakable. While LWC chests will be the ultimate 100% protection, an alternative source of protection is to place obsidian blocks above your valuable chests that cannot be LWC'd.

Now, if we end up making obsidian destroyable via TNT, then you're all doomed. The only protection you will have is LWC's. This is really something we need to discuss more internally before we decide however.

It isn't difficult to aim TNT at a specific spot, nor should it be difficult to blow up the dirt, covering chests, only. Simply make a TNT spread cannon and you'll find yourself with half of a region demolished very, very quickly. While some chests may be destroyed in that time, you're probably going to find a reasonable amount with just the dirt removed. Not to mention, using small TNT cannons alone will grant raiders the ability to mark/log off in towns, which really defeats the purpose of an undercity, or even a town home, which are ment to be safe havens for players.

As for obsidian, I do not think that TNT should ever be able to destroy it. LWCs would become the only way to protect your stuff, making donors OP.

How long will it take for a space to regenerate?

MajorasMask

Ungodly

Pretty much if you have a town and you put a little thought into it you will be safe from loosing your chests to raiders. With personal regions given to non donors that will also make it very easy to protect chests.

I am not a huge raider but I like the idea and there are plenty of ways to keep safe.
I would say if anything that TNT will not actually do very much at all and people will complain that it needs to somehow be less restricted.

Delfofthebla , new trap idea. In regions, put TNT low enough to blow a large hole but not damage the player on the surface. The ground disappears and the player falls into the hole. The player cannot get out of the regioned hole and after a few seconds the player is engulfed in regenerated blocks and suffocates. Fun.

So, when people start moving deeper and deeper underground, with water/obsidian vaults to protect their stuff, raiders will NOT continue to complain about the absense of looting during raids? First it was box towns, now it it is this, what then?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
So, when people start moving deeper and deeper underground, with water/obsidian vaults to protect their stuff, raiders will NOT continue to complain about the absense of looting during raids? First it was box towns, now it it is this, what then?

I think it's easy to see that this is a MAJOR game changer. Raiders shouldn't expect to be able to steal everything anyway.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

Read the whole post... ftw :p

Myaras

Gold

I have nothing worth looting to a 65, but it's worth something to me. Every little gold nugget and iron tool helps me slowly accrue my little nest egg and earn money for a town plot or LWC, and nuggets/iron are what's taken from me in raids and PvP hits from top-level PvPers. Again, I know it's a part of the experience, but there should be limits on how far back to ground zero newbies should be taken. Getting killed makes me want to level up to even the playing field. Getting hard-earned equipment and goods (which represent the last month's work in the game) ripped from my hands by a raider sets me back far more than losing whatever's in my inventory.

I believe discussions like this are extremely healthy for content improvement. I just wanted to post my 0.02.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think it's easy to see that this is a MAJOR game changer. Raiders shouldn't expect to be able to steal everything anyway.

Strange, because a lot of raiders do want to steal everything. Well, more than what they steal now.

Stage 1: Raiders realise that they can't get loot via raiding.
Stage 2: Raiders demand access to towns.
Stage 3: Raiders get access to towns.
Stage 4: Raiders loot towns.
Stage 5: People do something to ensure the protection of their items once again.

We're back to stage 1.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
TNT should work in the lower levels of Bastion Castle- where the plots are, otherwise most people will just live in spawn, and that was a massive problem on Dragon, there were so many Spawn Plots that no one ever roamed the wilderness. That's also what Col/Deathmatches/Arenas etc. have caused this map.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
MajorasMask it's not all about the loot. Some people just want to kill.

Also, I'd like to see a TNT cannon used as accurately as you say they will be used. I'm not convinced.

Also, you don't need to be a donor to push your community to kingdom status so you can just suggest people get off of their asses and do it instead?

Alot of people do not like the cost of kingdom and think it's worth the investment. Now it will be. It's greater protection against TNT cannons than obsidian fortifications IMO.

Also, the most practical use of TNT cannons to breach towns will be undergound in tunnels that lead up to the edge of a town. Plus, the most common use for these cannons I can forsee will be underground against undercity walls. A fitting punishment for living underground instead of building both above ground and below like the good old days.