• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's Not Enable TNT in Regions

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
TNT.png

KleenX

Iron
Enabling TNT on Herocraft in Town Regions will lead to the disgusting structures that are oh so common on Factions servers. Obsidian boxes. Cobble boxes covered in water. Watch this short video I made explaining the problem.

You do understand that TNT is planned to break through all that??
Btw your link is broken and the video is being processed.

Boxes are illegal, large amounts of water and or lava is also illegal(at least if it's not a still source block).
And even this helps.
The only people who do not want tnt are people who are too cowardly to properly defend themselves. or their just scared their dumb tnt traps won't work. ;)
And you should not be the one making this post. Umbra is the closest to looking like a box out of all the towns on the server.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
You do understand that TNT is planned to break through all that??
Btw your link is broken and the video is being processed.

btw my video was still being uploaded. It works now.
I am being told by reliable sources that the "break through all that" is not planned.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
DELF OF THE MOTHER FUCKING BLA
Delfofthebla
Whom is a 100% entrustable source, I am sure of.
I'd rather get my reliable information from an admin though.

Was thinking of some other guy with a similar name. Please don't mind me.
I'll leave the rather inaccurate statement above as a monument of embarrassment for fellow readers to enjoy~

KleenX

Iron
While I disagree with that choice, Actually I just don't understand that choice I still believe that towns with water boxes will be town down.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
While I disagree with that choice, Actually I just don't understand that choice I still believe that towns with water boxes will be town down.
Althought I am not 100% sure about this, you can put down layers of still water(source blocks) in walls and such without it being illegal. The main reason water and lava is illegal is because it causes lag.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Kainzo has stated that the TNT plugin is coming. This is not debatable.

TNT will damage town and kingdom regions.
Personal Regions may or may not be damaged by TNT. Currently, they do not.
Obsidian may or may not be damaged by TNT. Currently, it does not.

When something is blown up by TNT, it regenerates over time.
No permanent damage will occur from the explosion itself.
No items will be lost directly from the explosion itself.

Box towns will still be illegal.

Ellron is a dude flapper.

Myaras

Gold
I'm glad that stuff will regenerate over time. I'd hate to put a lot of time and effort into a building in a town (especially with difficult-to-acquire materials), only to have someone blow it up.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're still seeing some severe issues with CreeperHeal (the plugin we're testing against).

It isnt a simple "oh lets throw this in!" style plugin and the more testing / bug reports we get the better off we will be.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
We're still seeing some severe issues with CreeperHeal (the plugin we're testing against).

It isnt a simple "oh lets throw this in!" style plugin and the more testing / bug reports we get the better off we will be.
Agreed. But I've done quite a lot of testing on it already--it's very close to being ready. (IMO)

JacobBurkey

Portal
Erm, I may as well throw this in. What's going to happen when TnT is implanted and they blow through all your walls, homes, and then into your vault. And then they say, "Oh hey, lets just blow all the dirt off of their chests and take everything!" I for one believe that shouldn't happen. Towns are there so you have a safe place to store away your items, (and moar stuff) not a place where they can just walk in and take everything. Everyone complains about the server not being hardcore enough, but imo that's way too hardcore.

KleenX

Iron
Erm, I may as well throw this in. What's going to happen when TnT is implanted and they blow through all your walls, homes, and then into your vault. And then they say, "Oh hey, lets just blow all the dirt off of their chests and take everything!" I for one believe that shouldn't happen. Towns are there so you have a safe place to store away your items, (and moar stuff) not a place where they can just walk in and take everything. Everyone complains about the server not being hardcore enough, but imo that's way too hardcore.

The timer on the regen will be way to high to achieve that. You maybe be able to blow through 2 layers but you could take precautions and to aim it right at the dirt is also difficult.