• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's Not Enable TNT in Regions

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Guess I'm just going to live in a box in an area where no one can have access to me then... sigh :i

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
TNT=Raids=PvP=Fun.

Except when you are low level and are ganked by 4-5 max level players.

Also if TnT blows up blocks then no one's chests will be safe. It will blow the dirt right off them - even if it doesn't hurt the chest itself - thus your stuff is not as safe as before all so some max level pvper can get their jollies by ganking a bunch of newbs.

And we thought Miner was a popular class before - with this most pvpers will be miners. And TnT will become the weapon of choice.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Except when you are low level and are ganked by 4-5 max level players.

Also if TnT blows up blocks then no one's chests will be safe. It will blow the dirt right off them - even if it doesn't hurt the chest itself - thus your stuff is not as safe as before all so some max level pvper can get their jollies by ganking a bunch of newbs.

And we thought Miner was a popular class before - with this most pvpers will be miners. And TnT will become the weapon of choice.

This will also encourage raiding, make it 100x's better as you can gain access to chests and rooms, and will encourage the use of LWC's as the only safe form of protection.... If you have too much stuff and not enough LWC's you can support HC by donating and this will help the community thrive.

Look at it in the long run, for HeroCraft its a great investment, as more people will need LWC's so they buy Supporter and then HC will stay alive for longer with better servers etc etc etc :)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Erm, I may as well throw this in. What's going to happen when TnT is implanted and they blow through all your walls, homes, and then into your vault. And then they say, "Oh hey, lets just blow all the dirt off of their chests and take everything!" I for one believe that shouldn't happen. Towns are there so you have a safe place to store away your items, (and moar stuff) not a place where they can just walk in and take everything. Everyone complains about the server not being hardcore enough, but imo that's way too hardcore.

I agree there need to be some form of restrictions on chest access if this is put in. If possible, I would say just make chests in regioned areas completely off limits to anyone not on guest / member status for that region. While this would remove most economic incentive for raiding towns, I would think most people looking forward to this mod are more interested in just pvping in general / getting to people hiding in towns / taking over towns until pushed out. Otherwise there will just be such massive greifing that over the span of a month practically everyone will lose pretty much anything not in an lwc chest and there will be essentially no point in chests without an lwc at all lol.

Also, if this goes in, TNT needs to be usable by anyone, mining is extremely valuable already without the added benefit of town raiding restricted to miners only.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
This will also encourage raiding, make it 100x's better as you can gain access to chests and rooms, and will encourage the use of LWC's as the only safe form of protection.... If you have too much stuff and not enough LWC's you can support HC by donating and this will help the community thrive.

Look at it in the long run, for HeroCraft its a great investment, as more people will need LWC's so they buy Supporter and then HC will stay alive for longer with better servers etc etc etc :)

Sooo. pay2win is what you suggest?

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Saying that the only way you can be safe is to ''become a donor'' seems pretty ''pay2win''.

I didnt say the Only way to be safe is to become a donor, I said if you have already maxed your chests out and need more. Meaning you can be safe with the 3/4 you can have WITHOUT donating... Stop making up words and putting them into my mouth please.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I didnt say the Only way to be safe is to become a donor, I said if you have already maxed your chests out and need more. Meaning you can be safe with the 3/4 you can have WITHOUT donating... Stop making up words and putting them into my mouth please.

You realise that most people have more than enough stuff to fill up 3 double chests?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9

I'm t8 and can have like 20 lwcs at a greatly reduced price, but my new town members don't. We have multiple storage rooms setup so our newbs can have access to food, weapons, tools, etc... These are are blocked by dirt on the top. It is unrealistic to maintain 20 lwcs with adding new people's names to it on a daily basis just so the raiders can't screw over the newbs again by taking all their stuff.

Safe chests is a principle of a town - with that being in question whats the point of having towns ? TnT is very common and I myself could make a double chest full if I was able to place it and personally rob any 1 town completely by myself - especially if I log in at 4am when none of them are online to defend it. If TnT can blasts any block and uncover chests I see towns dying and players leaving by the dozens. I don't mind TnT blowing holes in walls to allow raids thats fine, but allowing free access to everyone's chests is unfair and a major game changer - and not for the better.

And if they affect personal regions, then they better better affect ALL plots in Spawn too - personal and trade district as they are just personal regions that anyone (non-donors) can rent.