• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's Not Enable TNT in Regions

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Also, would destroying a cannon attacking your town be considered griefing since it is a player owned structure/item ?
If its over 100 blocks from the town, Im sure it would count as griefing. But if they are forced to shoot from 100 blocks away from your walls (assuming you use your whole regions), they probably wont reach much in, meaning your chests will most likely be safe. You could also make your own TNT cannons as a part of your town defense and shoot those.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
So if the raiders don't remove it then you can pe them for griefing ? Sounds a bit ridiculous.

Of course, as soon as they create it to obtain access it becomes their problem, so they should remove it as they enter like most players do with pillars, its simple not ridiculous, just takes common sense.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
If its over 100 blocks from the town, Im sure it would count as griefing. But if they are forced to shoot from 100 blocks away from your walls (assuming you use your whole regions), they probably wont reach much in, meaning your chests will most likely be safe. You could also make your own TNT cannons as a part of your town defense and shoot those.

You know they will put the cannons as close to the town / target as possible so without a min range they will be blasting our walls from 5-10 blocks away without kingdom regions. So figure they blow the wall in the first shot and other buildings with the second / third... Depends on how many cannons they build.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
You know they will put the cannons as close to the town / target as possible so without a min range they will be blasting our walls from 5-10 blocks away without kingdom regions. So figure they blow the wall in the first shot and other buildings with the second / third... Depends on how many cannons they build.

They would need to have extreme amounts of skill in order to shoot a second or third cannon through the original hole in the wall created by the first cannon to destroy buildings....

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
If they keep a cannon within 5-10 blocks from town, they have to make sure they remove it before any of the town's defenders are able to kill them, or else it will count as griefing (or whatever you would call breaking the "no builds within 100 blocks" rule.)

Myaras

Gold
Please dont quote people and comment with a useless statement, if you cant or wont answer the question dont quote that post :)
Serious question (not trying to be snarky)...should I show my support for the question by rating it with one of the cute little icons available? Essentially I was trying to "second the motion." If I'm wrong, I apologize.

So as not to hijack the thread, I agree with your latest post, Predator2010, regarding it being a temp structure.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Serious question (not trying to be snarky)...should I show my support for the question by rating it with one of the cute little icons available? Essentially I was trying to "second the motion." If I'm wrong, I apologize.

So as not to hijack the thread, I agree with your latest post, Predator2010, regarding it being a temp structure.

Yes, supporting a question can be represented with the little emoticons in the corner of a post Myras
-
And Im not sure as i said before but i believe around 5 seconds for the hole in the wall

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Delfofthebla How long will the TNT ''hole'' last before it regenerates?
I don't know the exact duration at the moment. It seems to be longer when successive TNT explosions occur, and I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

I've seen an explosion regenerate over 2 minutes, but I've also seen it take around 2 hours. The extended duration is likely a bug, but I can't say for sure.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't know the exact duration at the moment. It seems to be longer when successive TNT explosions occur, and I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

I've seen an explosion regenerate over 2 minutes, but I've also seen it take around 2 hours. The extended duration is likely a bug, but I can't say for sure.

i blow up alot of stuff in test so im sure u get ample material to test on :D

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3

Hahahaha, a hole for two hours long :< that was be... horrific :'(
Keep up the good work delf <3

KleenX

Iron
Are people seriously complaining they can't sit inside their impenetrable towns? Stop acting like your going to lose your "beautiful" structures to not get this implemented. If you cannot properly defend your town, then it is completely your fault. You make a town knowing fully that you could be breached at any time under any circumstances. Just because "I don't like PVP" doesn't mean you get a free pass. This is a hardcore server AND an RPG server. I know that RPG doesn't necessarily mean RP but I think your role should always be a merchant/builder when you are not in danger but then when duty calls you will fight because you have to. NOT LIKING PVP IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
MajorasMask
Your region will regen. Stop acting like it will be blown to bits and you will have no region. If your region is getting blown up don't you think you have a duty to defend it?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Are people seriously complaining they can't sit inside their impenetrable towns? Stop acting like your going to lose your "beautiful" structures to not get this implemented. If you cannot properly defend your town, then it is completely your fault. You make a town knowing fully that you could be breached at any time under any circumstances. Just because "I don't like PVP" doesn't mean you get a free pass. This is a hardcore server AND an RPG server. I know that RPG doesn't necessarily mean RP but I think your role should always be a merchant/builder when you are not in danger but then when duty calls you will fight because you have to. NOT LIKING PVP IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
MajorasMask
Your region will regen. Stop acting like it will be blown to bits and you will have no region. If your region is getting blown up don't you think you have a duty to defend it?

Actually towns are created for the intention to protect you. They still will, it is just that now they are easier to penetrate, harder to defend. Encouraging strong and wealthy towns, as the weak will now die off. It's not impossible to keep your town from being affected by cannons, and it doesn't have to look bad either.