• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's Not Enable TNT in Regions

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Are people seriously complaining they can't sit inside their impenetrable towns? Stop acting like your going to lose your "beautiful" structures to not get this implemented. If you cannot properly defend your town, then it is completely your fault. You make a town knowing fully that you could be breached at any time under any circumstances. Just because "I don't like PVP" doesn't mean you get a free pass. This is a hardcore server AND an RPG server. I know that RPG doesn't necessarily mean RP but I think your role should always be a merchant/builder when you are not in danger but then when duty calls you will fight because you have to. NOT LIKING PVP IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
MajorasMask
Your region will regen. Stop acting like it will be blown to bits and you will have no region. If your region is getting blown up don't you think you have a duty to defend it?

Firstly, I know that the TNT damage will not be permanent.

Secondly, it's nice to yell at people ''defend your towns'', but sadly not every town has people online to defend at any given time.

If people are forced to fight inside their town at any given moment then that would make this more of a PvP server, right?

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually towns are created for the intention to protect you. They still will, it is just that now they are easier to penetrate, harder to defend. Encouraging strong and wealthy towns, as the weak will now die off. It's not impossible to keep your town from being affected by cannons, and it doesn't have to look bad either.

Just a soloution off the top of my head, Im sure Cannons will have some sort of delay on the amount you can spam, so why not double line your walls ? or even put a moat around the outside.

The moat is slightly more extreme, but would mean only wizards and goons could get in, like Camelot have done.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Actually towns are created for the intention to protect you. They still will, it is just that now they are easier to penetrate, harder to defend. Encouraging strong and wealthy towns, as the weak will now die off. It's not impossible to keep your town from being affected by cannons, and it doesn't have to look bad either.
Yep.

KleenX

Iron

I interpret "Towns are created to protect you" As townspeople have a duty to protect their newer people. Towns generally do not protect anything but your structure from getting griefed. Sure people abuse this fact and just make domes that they call castles and camp in them so raiders cannot penetrate. I cringe when I see noobs getting camped because their town is weak and can't even protect the people they brought to their town. I try my best to help out every noob I recruit and I will always do my best to protect the new people. I feel like there should be a mayor oath stating that the mayor will do his duty to protect his town. Lol

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Secondly, it's nice to yell at people ''defend your towns'', but sadly not every town has people online to defend at any given time.

If people are forced to fight inside their town at any given moment then that would make this more of a PvP server, right?

I don't agree with "builders" building towns that are completely undergound with a fake and unused overcity or large structure on top that does nothing. These TNT implementations will fix this.

With the fast regen of the blocks, you would have to volley tens or hundreds of TNT blocks onto the town while your army is already inside to get into all of the houses. If it's underground you will have to volley at extreme speeds to keep your opening blasted open and then launch tnt through it to hit someones house and hope you uncovered some chests.

It will be used to enter towns and pvp, the looting thing I'm not too convinced it will be as effective as you fear. It all depends on how fast the regen timer is. I'm sure your blocks won't be destroyed for longer than a minute.

KleenX

Iron

If noone is online to defend it then why would anyone even TNT it? People dont go around blowing all their tnt away to get into an empty town. And no it would not be a PVP server. Their are plenty of places to go without pvp. Your not forced to fight either. You can stay below lvl 10 if you really don't like pvp. I remember Gabizou doing that before he became admin. It was funny just watching him building as he pleased while I watched.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I don't agree with "builders" building towns that are completely undergound with a fake and unused overcity or large structure on top that does nothing. These TNT implementations will fix this.

With the fast regen of the blocks, you would have to volley tens or hundreds of TNT blocks onto the town while your army is already inside to get into all of the houses. If it's underground you will have to volley at extreme speeds to keep your opening blasted open and then launch tnt through it to hit someones house and hope you uncovered some chests.

It will be used to enter towns and pvp, the looting thing I'm not too convinced it will be as effective as you fear. It all depends on how fast the regen timer is. I'm sure your blocks won't be destroyed for longer than a minute.

How would TNT ''fix'' these ''fake and unused overcities''? If anything, it will push players further underground; given that the overcity of any town would be the most vulnerable thing to TNT.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
If noone is online to defend it then why would anyone even TNT it? People dont go around blowing all their tnt away to get into an empty town. And no it would not be a PVP server. Their are plenty of places to go without pvp. Your not forced to fight either. You can stay below lvl 10 if you really don't like pvp. I remember Gabizou doing that before he became admin. It was funny just watching him building as he pleased while I watched.

To set your mark into there, most likely...

KleenX

Iron
To set your mark into there, most likely...

F-Palm needs to be brought back. The reason kainzo is pushing to bring back TNT again is because he is removing the ability to recall into regions you dont have permission of. The whole topic of TNT was planned in the beginning of the map but was scrapped or delayed because of bugs. It is being brought back and being worked on much more diligently so people can still pester towns without their mark inside the domes.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
F-Palm needs to be brought back. The reason kainzo is pushing to bring back TNT again is because he is removing the ability to recall into regions you dont have permission of. The whole topic of TNT was planned in the beginning of the map but was scrapped or delayed because of bugs. It is being brought back and being worked on much more diligently so people can still pester towns without their mark inside the domes.

Is this correct? Kainzo

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm not sure I understand what the fear is in having cannons. If you have a regened wall, and LWC chests for your best stuff, what's left to worry about? A few crops and livestock, easily replaceable. Am I missing something?

MajDeath

Portal
Time for... that random genius idea!
1. plan to say "have fun raiders"
2. Pick donation tier
3. Donate
4. Get lwcs
Not enough lwcs? donate!
still not enough lwcs? DONATE MORE!
Can't afford lwcs? sell gold ore!
Not enough lwcs after becoming t8!?
Buy a spawn plot.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Im curious, Lets say an engineer's sign gets blown up, will the sign regen in its previous state? With the same words and stuff?