• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HEROES -> SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK!

J

jorict

About the newest version, later on could you possibly update the list on this thread, with what the skills do etc?
Also, so far it looks AWESOME!

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
So far it looks like its going very well. Still have some skills to fill in for other classes maybe but i cant wait for this to come out later.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Waiting with anticipation for this to be worked out! Ok, so we choose our base profession, but how to we select a specific one from there? Same with the skills, what are the current plans for progressing to the higher skills? My last questions pertains to obtaining chain armor, and what the materials will be.

Blank skills suggestions for the Beastmaster:

Skill 2: Warhorn. Summon all tamed pets to your location. (This would be to have your wolves 'sit', walk across dangerous areas like lava, then call them to you.) Useable every [x] minutes.
Skill 3: Healingbond. Heal all tamed pets by [x]. Useable every [y] minutes.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The spreadsheet will have the skills and what they do - its for clarity. It's updated as SOON as i make a change.

J

jorict

On the spreadsheet it said that Architect gets diamond weapons, when all the other crafting classes get stone. Just wondering if that was on purpose or not.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
With the current system (like it most likely will be when Heroes is released) are there any classes/specializations that require you to have a special title? For instance, do I have to become a DH [Architect] to choose the architect class/specialization?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Diavolo1988 said:
With the current system (like it most likely will be when Heroes is released) are there any classes/specializations that require you to have a special title? For instance, do I have to become a DH [Architect] to choose the architect class/specialization?

Unfortunately - i dont believe we'll be able to do the titles - its too much for us to handle at the start - maybe later it will be a good addition - but we're not even worrying about that portion just yet.

It would require us tying deeply to Permissions or editing the server's permission file.

Everything in the spreadsheet was expressed - The Architects atm do get diamond use shit.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, I mean honestly thats also the most fair way to do it. Its good that everyone can choose exactly what they want, so noone has any advantage over others.

EDIT: one thing I would like to add is that I like a lot how great for fighting all the abilities the different classes have (except crafters ofc). So when the spells come out later I hope that none of those spells helps for fighting, to avoid people first choosing a strong fighting class now, but later be killed by a smith who found the spell "fireblast" in the wild later. (just an example)

Angusward

Gold
I'm fine with something like "Fire Blast" being possible for a smith who found it, as long as its prohibitively expensive.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
It's looking great kain. You work so hard and for so long on this server mang, take a break :p We need to donate you a vacation haha.

Cant wait till this is released though, gonna miss sneak :(

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
So, wait... Icebolt and Sneak and Bandage, etc. Do all classes in the category get them, or only "master" classes? Or something else?

Paradox0

Wood
Wow, all the different classes look really awesome!
I can't decide which one I want to be yet. I'll probably try a whole bunch of them before I settle on one for sure.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
:eek: That... will be epic. Now, I have to decide between sneak, healing, or chest-shops. >.< So tough.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Gnomefather said:
how does this work?:icon_biggrin:
The clas system...

well, you choose a class/specialization and you get the abilities/weapon-/armor- and tool restrictions of that class. It will make people in the server have different abilities, and also bring in experience gain to aquire the later skills of the class. (if I have understood correctly you start with just skill1 and have to earn 2 and 3 later)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I think this may have been answered already but will staff architects be automatically be given the architect class and able to choose a second class altogether? Or will the architect class be irrelevant from staff architects.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Unsure how to handle the architect class - we'll have to see. Currently they are separate. It's coming from two different systems. Much like mayors wont be classes and will be able to retain their powers when picking a class.