• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HEROES -> SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Will there be shorter commands for the class skills? typing /layhands or /summon skeleton in a battle seems... impractical. Heck, I'd happily download a clientside mod that let me assign skills to a button the way you open the inventory. Whatever works, though.

Multiple class commands available to one person. Is this an option? Perhaps some kind of system where if, for example, you have to pay coin for a class change, you can pay so much more to remember the skill of your current class, while being subject to the limitations and gaining the skill of the new class. So Paladin to Necromancer, you have Lay Hands and Summon commands available, but you can only use leather armor, stone weps, and no axe. Probably couldn't have 3 skills at the same time, and the oldest skill would get dropped if you changed again.

Hidden or unlockable classes? Yes/No/Later?

What's Proxy? The command and the class.

imo, ICEMAGE = CRYO.

Monks ftw, no falling damage is epic.

Will chainmail be made available to the masses for this?

How do you get classes changed? Could this be marked up to "enchanted" signs like spells were with bookshelves? Not necessarily hidden, just automated so the staff doesn't have to deal with changing classes themselves.

Overall, I love this. Elsewise, I wouldn't be asking so many questions. Without in-depth explanation, Ninja's my favorite. leather armor, diamond wepz, smoke. yeeeaaahhh, buddy.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I think you need to designate a default "peasant" class that everyone starts out with, as well as the new HC members that are not aware of all the bells & whistles that HC has to offer and may not be aware of a classing system. Then everyone joining would be this peasant class and would have access to x skill, y armor/weapons, and z spells or abilities.

Also, is there going to be a way to multi class / change class / drop class / etc?

One final question I have... What are the tool requirements/limits for the 'RPG' combat classes? I see you note tools for Crafter but not for the other classes. I for one don't use a Diamond nor Iron pick regularly but carry one in case I come across something of value that my crappy stone pick can't mine.

All in all it looks fun, I'm sure we will run into some balance issues as we go. Let me know if I can help test.

-Duush

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
K - lots of questions let me try and get these answered - let me just remind all of you that this is PRE-release/design stage. Meaning massive changes can be implemented.

1) The majority of these commands will be used in conjunction with the hotkey macro '~bind L /layhands' etc. Shortcuts may be used like /c lh - but I'm not too big on this - since skill = typing speed and the ability to react in tight spots.

2) Changing professions will be possible - although you will have to pay coin to do so. When you do drop a profession - you'll need to go through some of the re-leveling process (Though this may change / be different)

3) A default profession may be possible - though honestly - we can just have default use leather/stone tools and have no abilities instead of restricting them to none/none

4) When this is finished - we will be re-releasing our server under a new branding - the first post of the SMP thread will be completely redone to incorporate the changes brought in by the Professions. Again, this is a professions/class plugin - not a full blown enforced role playing ruleset.

5) PROXY - means 'placeholder' - we've yet to decide a class for that.

6) Chainmail will be made available via extra crafting recipes or cauldrons. It will be easily obtainable with the basic materials.

7) Ultimately, I think instead of typing a command - looking at a Sign and right clicking it would be more fun than having to /choose X - we could have the starter area adjusted for this. (Though its too early to throw this around

8) Possible hidden classes - Samurai / Mystic / Fallen

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
hidden classes as in not added yet? or ones we have to find to become?
btw none of my questions were answered :D

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Just randomly thought of another suggestion.

For caster type classes, make a crafted 'book' a requirement.. possibly even consumed for some of the more powerful spells.. right now books have no value and this would add yet another item that could help to bolster the in game economy if anyone wanting to cast spells needed to have a supply of books on hand to do so.

just my $0.02

-duush

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Skaduush said:
Just randomly thought of another suggestion.

For caster type classes, make a crafted 'book' a requirement.. possibly even consumed for some of the more powerful spells.. right now books have no value and this would add yet another item that could help to bolster the in game economy if anyone wanting to cast spells needed to have a supply of books on hand to do so.

just my $0.02

-duush

I like this idea. We can require casters to 'hold' books when casting a spell - does that sound unfair? ;)

Steamed said:
hidden classes as in not added yet? or ones we have to find to become?
btw none of my questions were answered :D

Restate your questions please - I answered everything I saw may have skipped it.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
2 more things,

will the treasure hunter see the nearest player made chest? or will it show underground chests? or what?
Also, for the enchanter you said "/tame - hit [X] create with a stick to tame them as a familiar" did you mean: "hit [X] CREATURE"?

Those are my questions Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Steamed said:
2 more things,

will the treasure hunter see the nearest player made chest? or will it show underground chests? or what?
Also, for the enchanter you said "/tame - hit [X] create with a stick to tame them as a familiar" did you mean: "hit [X] CREATURE"?

Those are my questions Kainzo

Treasure Hunter will locate nearest chest - yes (player or dungeon)

Enchanter is to 'tame' creatures so they are hostile to others but not themselves -(This will take A LOT of coding work - but is just the simple design atm)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Lol I forsee sooo much fun with tame. Make sure it works with passive mobs please? Chicken/pig/cow pets are almost as cool as a creeper pet.

J

jorict

My friend constantly keeps asking me if there will be a battle Mage (half warrior half Mage) other than the Dreadknight, something that could do high melee damage, yet have a decent armor and a decent magic ability. Maybe an obtainable class after mastering a warrior and a Mage class? Something like that would be fun to combine stuff. Also, I'd request ninjas get a passive lower fall damage in their leveling somewhere. What got is a ninja If he can't fall 2 feet without hurting himself?

Also a suggestion for a class combination: Ninja + Ranger = Assassin

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Possible class mixtures - unsure at this time - on the first pass there wont be, however, more than just mages will be able to use spells.

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
To be honest, I find the Diplomacy classes to be a bit lackluster, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. =/ Though, outside of my personal qualms with being unable to choose another specialized class (Like mage!) from the start, consider for a moment the duke/archdukes of kingdoms. They will be locked into their class with no hopes of progression unless they leave and begin their own kingdom...or just give up their political duties altogether.

Something should change about the Diplomacy class- either it be a secondary profession (The Mage-King of Edolas!) or allow the alternate advancement for lower ranks to, at some point, reach King status.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Saber, I heard someone either suggest or say they thought the admins were thinking about it, not sure which, that they could designate an area, specifically certain regions, and they would have the powers of the diplo classes inside the region, meaning regioned rings. So instead of a king being only a king class, they would be king and have those powers inside the kingdom, but outside the kingdoms regions they would lose those powers possible titles and become the normal class they chose.

Would be cool, but prolly hard as hell. Although regions and teleporting and such can be dissabled for an area, so I bet that can be tweaked to enable and dissable other privileges. I imagine the class powers would be like an expanded form of how donors work, with a whole list of powers that you get permissions for when you meet the requirements or are added to the list.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Just a concept, but what about some sort of "Retention Level"? You take one class, fulfill a certain condition (in my head, killing so many enemies in a certain manner or maybe crafting certain items), you reach RLs and "retain" your experiences as your class, and that plays into multiclassing. maybe keep a list of retained classes and then you can use multiple RLs to open up a new class (Ninja RL 2 + Ranger RL 3 = Assassin class), or use one to augment your current class (Paladin RL 1 raises the level of armor you can use on your current class one step up on the ladder of leather-chain-iron-diamond [dunno where gold fits in]). In the latter scenario a one-augment limit is probably a good idea.

I'd suggest that something like this would be reasonably hard to gain. This is all my thoughts just running out into my text box, so feel free to do whatever with it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm sorta toying around with the idea of mastering classes in a profession to achieve a "MASTER" rank.

Meaning - to master the WARRIOR profession - you would need to fully master/level up with PAladin/Shadowknight/etc - then once you complete / master all classes, you'll have a master warrior profession

It's a bit rough around the edges but I think its possible.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
^^ That sounds better than completely different area, like a warrior with magic and healing. Rather, that way, you just get to combine all of the different warrior abilities together in some way or all the mage spells in some way so we don't have terribly over powered combinations.