• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HEROES -> SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Design Document for Skills

http://tinyurl.com/heroRPG

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0ApuC4DXz9lwndDhzTndfeGRaR2RvLXRKR3BUcFNVdGc&output=html

OUTDATED INFO.
UPDATE:20
Warrior | (Iron (A)/Stone (W) | /charge* see below for information
Rogue | (Leather (A)/Iron (W) | /sneak*
Mage | (Leather (A)/Wood (W) | /cast bread*
Healer | (Chain (A)/Stone (W) | /heal & /healother*
Merchant | (Leather (A)/Stone (W) | /chestshop*
Vagrant*| (Leather (A)/Stone (W) | /hero choose
*Vagrant = starter profession.

classes & Abilities (Step 3 - Class Implementation)
*WARRIOR:
[*]-PALADIN
--Can use DIAMOND(A)/IRON(W) (axe & no bow)
/LayHands [X]- fully heals the target(or self) - reusable once every [Y]30 minutes
[*]-DREADKNIGHT
--Can use IRON(A)/GOLD(W)(axe & no bow)
/Harmtouch [X] - Deals [Y](baseline 1/4th life) damage to [X] - reuseable once every [Z] minutes
[*]-BEASTMASTER
--Can use CHAIN((A)/IRON(W)(axe & bow)
/Tame - instantly tames a wolf to aid you in battle
--Ability to have more than 1 wolf tamed
[*]-SAMURAI
--Can use CHAIN(A)/DIAMOND(W)(axe & no bow)
/avenge [X] - Target loses 1/2th [Y] health at the cost of 3/4th [Z] of users's life.

*ROGUE:
[*]-NINJA
--Can use LEATHER(A)/DIAMOND(W)(no axe & bow)
/avenge [X] - Target loses 1/2th [Y] health at the cost of 3/4th [Z] of users's life.
[*]-RANGER
--Can use CHAIN(A)/STONE(W)(+BOW)
/hunt [X] - Enable the compass to point to [X]
[*]-THIEF
--Can use CHAIN(A)/IRON(W)(no axe & bow)
/snoop [X] - View [X]'s inventory.
[*]-TREASUREHUNTER
--Can use CHAIN(A)/GOLD(W)(no axe & bow)
/locatechest - show nearest chest location on compass

*MAGE:
[*]-ELEMENTALIST
--Can use LEATHER(A)/STONE(W)(no axe & no bow)
/firebolt [X]- hurls a flaming arrow at (arrow damage + burning) [X] REUSE [Z} MIN
/frostbolt [X] - hurls a painful snowball at freezing them in place [X] - REUSE [Z}
[*]-WIZARD
/grouptele - summons party members to your location
[*]-NECROMANCER
/summon skeleton - summons a s[/color]keleton (friendly-possible?) at target's location
[*]-ENCHANTER
/tame - hit [X] create with a stick to tame them as a familiar

*HEALER:
[*]-CLERIC
--Can use DIAMOND(A)/STONE(W)(no sword & no bow)
--/invul [X] - Enables [X] to take no damage for [Y] seconds
[*]-PRIEST
--Can use Iron Armor / Stone Axe (no sword & no bow)
--/revive [X] - summons [X] back to last death location
[*]-MONK
--Can use LEATHER(A)/NONE(Only Shovel/Pickaxe)
/safefall - No fall damage taken for [X] mins
--Fist Damage x5 (Fisto!)
[*]-BLOODMAGE
--Can use leather(A)/stone(A)(no sword & no bow)
/siphon X - remove [Y] from self to give to X

*DIPLOMAT:
[*]-AMBASSADOR
--Can use IRON(A)/IRON(W) (+BOW)
[*]-NOBLE
--Can use CHAIN(A)/CHAIN(W) (ALL tool use)
[*]-LORD
--Can use GOLD(A)/GOLD(W) (+BOW & Tool use)
--Anti-PVP Structure creation (similar to Runecraft - which enabled a no PVP area within 10 blocks of it (Obby/lava structure)

*CRAFTER:
[*]-ARCHITECT
--Can use Iron(A)/STONE(W)(Diamond tools)
[*]-SMITH
--Can use Iron(A)/STONE(W)((Diamond Spade/Pick)
/repair - repair item with [X] & [Y] materials.
[*]-FARMER
--Can use Iron(A)/STONE(W)((Diamond Hoe/Spade/Pick)
--X2 wheat creation
[*]-CARPENTER
--Can use Iron(A)/STONE(W)((Diamond Axe/Spade/Pick)
--X2 Log gain
--Transmute Logs to Birch, Birch to Pine and Pine to Logs
[*]-ENGINEER
--Can use Iron(A)/STONE(W)((Diamond Axe/Spade/Pick)
--Integrated Circuit Use (Recall with Craftbook etc)

FFLaguna

Legacy Supporter 5
Can you explain the leveling system? It sounds like you can gain levels in different categories independently at the same time?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
--Can create all armor/weps

Does this mean not all classes can make all armor, as well as not wear it? Can they make up to they're type, or only they're type? Will blacksmith be the guy we all run to for armor and weps?

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
yea, the paladin would probably work as a sort of doctor in peace times. due to the way pvp works in minecraft Im more of a fan of pve when it comes to combat. So I think these classes would be pretty cool in spell/skill dungeons with a group of people working their way through the hazards and the monsters.

also one question, the diplomat classes does one have to be a diplomat if one is a baron/duke/king? or is it optional only then? or are the diplomat abilities added to those people who are dukes/kings in addition to the other class they choose? (for instance duke seems a bit crap if youre forced to be one, since paladin is just like duke only it can use better armor and heal, but not use bow)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Fire3 said:
as long as it can be turned off for those who just wanna play normally :)

This will be an all encompassing selection - this will push us to the top RPG server out there ;)

To play on Herocraft, you will have to choose a Hero :D

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
D= I can't decide. I will be one of the healer classes, but not sure which. Infinite hp temp? No fall damage and able to fight some? RESURRECTION? Such a hard choice.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
this sounds awesome, so many classes i would want to be though ha.
Enchanter sounds cool, Necromancer sounds cool, but so do many of the healer classes.
im stumped D:

btw when will this be available

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've been working on the design document for the last week (or two?) we're still pieceing it together. IT will be released in phases.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
2 more things,

will the treasure hunter see the nearest player made chest? or will it show underground chests? or what?
Also, for the enchanter you said "/tame - hit [X] create with a stick to tame them as a familiar" did you mean: "hit [X] CREATURE"?

J

jorict

Ninja all the way. A small request for ninja would be a lower fall damage as well.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
if you cant tell, i am really excited about this update :D

will you be able to change classes later or is it set in stone?

Algebraic

Wood
Couple of questions....
Since i'm a DH architect am i auto forced to be a architect class? Can i multi-class if so? Are diplomat positions only open to those who actually are those ranks? When you say the smith can create all items and weapons, does that mean every other class cannot?

Additionally, icemage is OP.....a snowblal sounds painful....

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
In my opinion basic game features such as using diamond tools shouldn't be made unavailable to players simply because of this class system. Some players would rather not roleplay and simply enjoy the game the way it was made.

That being said, I think classes such as architect and farmer that are currently exclusively able to use diamond tools shouldn't not have that exclusive privilege; give those classes another advantage.

Other than that looks awesome

What exactly will be the difference between icemage and pyromancer? Will the fire arrow make the player catch on fire (which might be OP) and will the ice attack slow the player?

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
i dont mind the non-use of diamond tools as long as everyone can at least use iron to mine things like gold and diamond.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Crafters (classes) would get the elite use of diamond tools, however not be able to use iron+ swords... I'm working out a system so that combat classes can use diamond tools if they level up digging / etc - but im not sure about it yet.

In either case - this is a FULL Encompassing server plugin - it will dictate our server as "RPG" and will tell how things will be run based off the profession system. It's a big under taking and isnt anywhere near release.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
s3nse said:
In my opinion basic game features such as using diamond tools shouldn't be made unavailable to players simply because of this class system. Some players would rather not roleplay and simply enjoy the game the way it was made.

That being said, I think classes such as architect and farmer that are currently exclusively able to use diamond tools shouldn't not have that exclusive privilege; give those classes another advantage.

Other than that looks awesome

What exactly will be the difference between icemage and pyromancer? Will the fire arrow make the player catch on fire (which might be OP) and will the ice attack slow the player?

This isn't a participate or not - if you dont want to lose diamond tools - be a crafter and don't benefit from the special combat class abilities - problem solved.

Now - despite saying that - this is a pre-release design document - theres much missing - but its a basic outline of the thought process. We may find ways to keep D-tools in for non-crafters - and it will probably involve leveling - but we'll see.