• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HEROES -> SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK!

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Chief, I like the class ideas, and would like to pursue the architectural class, but honestly, it's really underwhelming in power. I don't know anyone who would use diamond tools for anything but pick, and possibly shovel. Certainly no Diamond Hoes or Diamond Axes. What would be VERY useful, however, is something as powerfully applicable to the architect as diamond swords are to the warrior: extra resources.

I propose some possible ability types for architects/crafter types relevent:

* 2x mining results.
* faster mining (1 click = one block, any type)
* block creation (either via recipes or straight-up buying blocks with coin).
* no falling damage.
* magic carpet.

Thoughts?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I would say just give them no fall damage, because that's big when building stuff with an inventory of valuable building materials, special recipes if that's possible for easier obsidian and such for them only, or in exchange for that the straight up 1 click 1 block deal. Magic carpet isn't needed for them and 2x mining doesn't get much in terms of building things. Although 1 click 1 block might seem a bit much, not everyone can be architect, just the people the admins made architects so its not like everyone would have chests full of obsidian all of a sudden, just them for building cool things out of it.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, having large chests of obby, etc, is really only useful if you plan on building stuff out of it (as an architect would) or selling it (which, archies need coin to buy large amounts of rare material). So, it kinda makes up for the squishiness.

Magic Carpet, IMHO, would be the absolute most useful thing for an architect that has virtually no game-unbalancing effects. Archies often have to get to incredibly hard to reach places, have usually only daylight hours to work with, and using large columns of dirt to reach these places is often impractical. It also helps Archies navigate terrain a lot easier in the course of building. It also takes care of the falling damage problem.

Everything else, IMHO, can be worked around, but Magic Carpet would so make Archie worth it.

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
One other suggestion I have for progresion- Force players to build something to reach a higher teir of their class. Mages build a mage tower, theives build a thief's hideout/guild, crafters can build workshops, ect.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Saber993 said:
One other suggestion I have for progresion- Force players to build something to reach a higher teir of their class. Mages build a mage tower, theives build a thief's hideout/guild, crafters can build workshops, ect.

This is a wondrous idea - although it may be a little too in-depth for out lightweight approach. We want to automate it so we (as admins) dont have to have too much interference

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
TheTXLibra said:
Chief, I like the class ideas, and would like to pursue the architectural class, but honestly, it's really underwhelming in power. I don't know anyone who would use diamond tools for anything but pick, and possibly shovel. Certainly no Diamond Hoes or Diamond Axes. What would be VERY useful, however, is something as powerfully applicable to the architect as diamond swords are to the warrior: extra resources.

* 2x mining results.
* no falling damage.
* magic carpet.

Thoughts?

I'll take some of these under consideration.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
for the thief profession, when looking in chests, does it break LWC's so you can steal? and i assume the thief profession will have no affect in the rings of a town unless you want to be banned... :/ sounds fair.

not to sound like a douche but the idea of being a master thief sounds cool to me. but i might chose something that won't make me enemies with too many people.

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
Saber993 said:

This is a wondrous idea - although it may be a little too in-depth for out lightweight approach. We want to automate it so we (as admins) dont have to have too much interference

It could be a requirement for mastery level of professions so the frequency of having to have a mod approval would be drastically reduced- and even then you can just make Brutal do it ;)

And to touch on one of the suggestions for the King's instant-warp idea- I feel it would be more appropriate to simply have a private warp set up at a castle constructed by or for the King/Queen within their territory allowing for instant travel to their lands or escape if need be.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well - the masteries will be a goal - but im getting word the coded side of it may be way too complex for the first few steps.

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
Well - the masteries will be a goal - but im getting word the coded side of it may be way too complex for the first few steps.
Well, by mastery I didn't mean anything you had planned in particular besides perhaps there's a level at the end of progression that a mod would have to grant after the prerequisites are filled. Still, I do understand your desire to keep things automated.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
TheTXLibra said:

* 2x mining results.
* no falling damage.
* magic carpet.

Thoughts?

Faster mining of certain blocks would be nice for a couple of classes. Specifically, obsidian. If a class could mine obsidian in even 5 seconds instead of 15, it'd get it back on the market and make that class very profitable.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree but I think no falling damage is a bit much for any class. I mean someone jumping from say the top of skyforge and surviving would be a bit overpowered. THere should be something like they can survive bigger falls and take less fall damage

J

jorict

I like the idea of reduced fall damage passive rather than a spell that gives you no fall damage. I also think monk needs a better skill, maybe like a power punch or something haha.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Saber993 said:
And to touch on one of the suggestions for the King's instant-warp idea- I feel it would be more appropriate to simply have a private warp set up at a castle constructed by or for the King/Queen within their territory allowing for instant travel to their lands or escape if need be.

I like this idea a lot.

Also, hear me out here, imagine Kings being able to wear full Diamond Armour, wield Diamond Weapons, and having a small damage increase. Then you could have your king lead your warriors into battle. :icon_mrgreen:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
At the current stand point - Mayor tiers will be separate from the profession/class system.

In theory its awesome - in practice.... not so awesome.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
At the current stand point - Mayor tiers will be separate from the profession/class system.

In theory its awesome - in practice.... not so awesome.

Low and behold our noble and mighty King, Lord over all the eye can see from here to the horizon, he's also the town's Smitthy. ;)